Author Topic: bardar not so effective out at sea  (Read 1097 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: bardar not so effective out at sea
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
Dar bar is acting very strangely.

Lately, I have heard multiple 163 rocket engines near me at 40,000 feet before any dar bar shows up or I find bombers 25k over our strats without a dar bar having been generated anywhere along the bomber's course.

I haven't had a chance to experiment, but there are two settings that look like they control darbar: SectorCounterRange and SectorCounterAlt.

The default setting for SectorCounterRange is 63360' (12 miles) - which match the radar circle, fighter and bomber warning ranges.
The default setting for SectorCounterAlt is 250' - so no darbar until someone is above 250'.

So it would seem as long as nobody is near enough to a radar source (I'm guessing any base/strat/etc.) or above 250', there will be no darbar.

Although in EW/MW I've personally seen no darbar until the con showed on dotdar once they broke into my base's ring. It would be interesting to find out if the SectorCounterRange also includes proximity to enemy players, so a darbar could pop if they're close enough to a plane/vehicle on their enemy's side.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 07:01:21 AM »
Those two controls do exist for the purpose of controlling darbar, but I don't think the range default is the MA-standard setting, since one can see missions taking off on the other side of the world.

There is the ability to change the effective range from radar towers, though, as it's often used in the SEA when GPS dots are unwanted.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
Those two controls do exist for the purpose of controlling darbar, but I don't think the range default is the MA-standard setting, since one can see missions taking off on the other side of the world.

There is the ability to change the effective range from radar towers, though, as it's often used in the SEA when GPS dots are unwanted.

Perhaps it isn't working right. Those values were taken from the MA. Anyone can see the arena setup in any arena (but cannot change them) by going into Arena Settings and looking around.

Last night I was in EW, 4 miles from an enemy base and outside my dar ring. I didn't see the darbar until I saw the icon of the con that was co-alt with me at 10,000'.  I also noticed that on another occasion, my squaddie in one sector saw a darbar and the con, but I didn't see the darbar...and I was only a mile or so over the sector line in the adjacent sector. I didn't see the darbar until the con crossed over into my sector.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals