Author Topic: Pigs thank the AVA'ers and Advise needed...  (Read 597 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Pigs thank the AVA'ers and Advise needed...
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
The Pigs had a great time flying in the AVA tonight.  We will be back in next Thursday.  Fights were outstanding, numbers were relatively even at all times.  Only complaint that I would have and I look to the community for advice on is the unwillingness for some to let go of the HO.  I expect in the LW mains, but here I have told the Pigs to keep the shots behind the 3-9 line as it keeps it fun and makes for good training/dogfighting.  How do we address this issue?  I brought about 13-14 Pigs over and over half complained to me about the same player HO'ing.  Looking for advice gentlemen.  I tried to ask politely about laying off those shots, and I got no response at all.  Incidentally it is not a newb.

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Pigs thank the AVA'ers and Advise needed...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:42:05 PM »
You think you got ho problems? Shooot last night my ol lady nearly busted me with these three.....oops, wrong discussion!  :bolt:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
From observation, it seems the HOers don't have anything else in their bag of tricks.  Wednesday, early evening, there was a guy in doing the same BnZ...HO...BnZ, etc, etc.  He just didn't seem to know what else to do.   :bhead Sorry you guys had to experience it in the AvA.  For the most part, the regular fans of the arena don't tend to HO and are interested in more of a challenge than just driving spinner to spinner.   

Unfortunately, I'm out of town for work and missed the Pig BBQ tonight.  Can someone save me some leftovers?   :lol
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:53:49 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
Everyone has their own rules. I won't fire in a straight head on merge, but if my opponent is already maneuvering for position, then heck yeah. No holds bared after the initial merge unless I'm deliberately trying to make the fight last, and you can often tell who you're fighting by the initial merge, so that makes a difference too. Other folks will have their own rules, so you'll probably get a thousand variants.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:20:47 AM »
I suspect that the choice of ride also makes a difference in style of play.  If there is a HOicane, I16 or Brewster involved, I would almost consider that it takes more skill for an opponent not to HO. 

I had some great fun there tonight Waystin.  Thanks for inviting the gang along and seeding the arena.  Part of the fun, sometimes is to let go of the I have to come out on top competiveness and go for the at least the odds were even competitive spirit.  But realize that when you seed the arena and folks see an arena that is more active than mid war, you will get folks that drop in that have no interest in growing the arena, simply just grow their own egos. 

No matter for what reason they chose to enter the arena, most catch on that it is more about the what if I was an actual fighter in this or that historical period than gathering rank or points for one's own cap.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 06:00:06 AM »
Thank you for the dialog gentlemen.  For the record my stance is that there is nothing wrong with HO shots in the right situation, but I avoid them religiously as I find them to be a crapshoot for survival.  Keep the conversation coming as I enjoy hearing you gents out on this matter so I can get a good feel for the general attitude in the AVA.

:salute

Way

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:53 AM »
I actually like the Guy that Ho's..... Because its so easy(most of the time) to roll out at the last second and  generally the hoer' is so concerned with pulling the trigger he gets out of position for his next move wile I have already initiated mine.. That is as long as I don't get my Ba...lls blown off rolling out... :bolt:
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »
I actually like the Guy that Ho's..... Because its so easy(most of the time) to roll out at the last second and  generally the hoer' is so concerned with pulling the trigger he gets out of position for his next move wile I have already initiated mine.. That is as long as I don't get my Ba...lls blown off rolling out... :bolt:

I concur.  My philosophy exactly.  Stupid me told my fellow swine to not fire on merges to make it more sporting.  That restriction has been removed so as to alleviate any feelings of frustration or surprise when what you thought was a cold merge was in fact very hot.