Author Topic: E6B  (Read 975 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
E6B
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
The ability to access E6B using just a joystick button.. something similar to the damage list display.  That would be helpful.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: E6B
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »
You can get close to that, open e6b on the clipboard, then leave it up and close the clipboard.  When you open the clipboard the E6B will still be there.

I'd like to be able to set up keymaps to bring up a lot of the stuff you get from the clipboard independently as well though, like the maps and soforth.

+1

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
With the current way some mouse controls work when the clipbord is up or not, having a nice little toggle-able e6b "box" independent of the clipboard would be kinda nice.

+1
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
The ability to access E6B using just a joystick button.. something similar to the damage list display.  That would be helpful.

Gawd knows I hat agreeing with Dicho :P, but this is a good idea. +!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
I do a lot of flying while most folks at home are asleep.  Thus, I tend to have the lights off and keyboard is not visible (thankful that I touch type).  My point is that any particular command that is frequently used should be at least a dot command.   However, e6b is most useful in bomber calibration.  So, would it be possible to include the actual speed in the bombadeer view? 

Sorry, for the hijack attempt but maybe this and remaining fuel could be placed in both the bombadeer view and damage report view.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
+1

even just a ".E6B" command in the buffer would work.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:07:58 PM by skorpion »

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
Sometimes I think they don't like "Good Ideas" unless they're theirs. I've seen dozens of fairly good ideas on here and cannot remember one that got put in yet. I know they have, but none I've read or can remember. Bomb selector for internal/external on bombers/fighters with that ability ie: A20 comes to mind....just saying...  :bhead :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
there's lots of good ideas that havent been implemented.  but really how many good ideas can be implemented before it gets too confusing.  I use e6b all the time.  whent I up i open it in the clipboard, the clipboard is mapped to my stick.  so at the push of a button i can see it then remove it.  it's not that difficult.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
there's lots of good ideas that havent been implemented.  but really how many good ideas can be implemented before it gets too confusing.  I use e6b all the time.  whent I up i open it in the clipboard, the clipboard is mapped to my stick.  so at the push of a button i can see it then remove it.  it's not that difficult.

semp
what about the guys who fly with a mouse that dont wanna waste their cash on a stick and already have almost all of their buttons mapped?

like i said, a .E6B command would be just as good. maybe even better. and let me give an example on how it'd be better-fighting in an insane furball or whatever it happens to be and you bumb the button you mapped the E6B to, well you just missed your shot.

if it was a dot command this wouldnt happen and there would be alot less whiners.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
what about the guys who fly with a mouse that dont wanna waste their cash on a stick and already have almost all of their buttons mapped?

like i said, a .E6B command would be just as good. maybe even better. and let me give an example on how it'd be better-fighting in an insane furball or whatever it happens to be and you bumb the button you mapped the E6B to, well you just missed your shot.

if it was a dot command this wouldnt happen and there would be alot less whiners.

Then that's your fault for not flying with a joystick (which cost $20-30 for an OK one). Or, if you feel like you're "wasting" money, get a gaming mouse, which offers the same, if not more mapped keys than a joystick. If you had a joystick, you would know that unless your thumb got stung by a bee or had an inflammation of some kind (god forbid  :rolleyes:), it's real hard to press two buttons at the same time accidentally.

A tip, stop talking/giving advice about things you don't know about or is not 100% sure. If you aren't sure, then say so in your post ("Oh I'm not sure, but I think ____", or "IIRC ____").

As for the wish itself, I would love to see the ability to seperate the E6B and the clipboard map, so you don't always have to cover half your screen everytime you want to look at the E6B.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »
Then that's your fault for not flying with a joystick (which cost $20-30 for an OK one). Or, if you feel like you're "wasting" money, get a gaming mouse, which offers the same, if not more mapped keys than a joystick. If you had a joystick, you would know that unless your thumb got stung by a bee or had an inflammation of some kind (god forbid  :rolleyes:), it's real hard to press two buttons at the same time accidentally.

A tip, stop talking/giving advice about things you don't know about or is not 100% sure. If you aren't sure, then say so in your post ("Oh I'm not sure, but I think ____", or "IIRC ____").

As for the wish itself, I would love to see the ability to seperate the E6B and the clipboard map, so you don't always have to cover half your screen everytime you want to look at the E6B.
i call it a waste of cash because i dont NEED it. why spend money on one when i got everything i need mapped to the mouse?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »
i call it a waste of cash because i dont NEED it. why spend money on one when i got everything i need mapped to the mouse?

Wait what? So if you got everything you need on a mouse, why would it matter if E6B was a key command and not a Dot Command?   :headscratch:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
Wait what? So if you got everything you need on a mouse, why would it matter if E6B was a key command and not a Dot Command?   :headscratch:

when i said that i was saying that not every button is mapped as in all of the controls are mapped but theres still some open buttons. i fly with a mouse and only use the keyboard for flaps and gear. not sayin thats what im doing but if all i need is throttle, firing and controls on my mouse then thats it. its all i use and if i map the E6B to my keyboard, (me being the usual klutz as usual) im probably going to bump that button in the middle of a fight and have it cover up my screen and screw me over.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »
I keep mine up on the clipboard...  ESC = E6B every time.  I already have my brakes, my flaps, my vox, my guns, my engine, my throttle and other things on my joystick....  ESC works just fine.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »

then there's the esc key.  same thing.  i actually never bump any buttons on my stick.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.