Author Topic: Tank foliage and visual range  (Read 767 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank foliage and visual range
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
The foliage really is beautiful this time of year.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 02:30:15 PM »
but if you were out in the field and could "camo" your tank and make it disappear unless very close...but as soon as you move or fire your location is revealed....this would add to the game.

ink that's a feature of world of tanks.  you can "buy" cammo cover and train your crew to use then, then your tank will disappear out in the open.  I have been playing it and sometimes will see a few tanks pop up not 100 yards from me, or I am killed by some tank shooting at me that I cant see and when I die, i find out he moved in the open to within 50 yards from me.

this wish is bad.  if you really want to know how bad, play world of tanks.  then you will find out how annoying and stupid it is to be killed by these tanks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
ink that's a feature of world of tanks.  you can "buy" cammo cover and train your crew to use then, then your tank will disappear out in the open.  I have been playing it and sometimes will see a few tanks pop up not 100 yards from me, or I am killed by some tank shooting at me that I cant see and when I die, i find out he moved in the open to within 50 yards from me.

this wish is bad.  if you really want to know how bad, play world of tanks.  then you will find out how annoying and stupid it is to be killed by these tanks.

semp

didn't know that...and when you put it that way.....ya maybe not such a good idea.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
The day AH's ground warfare dawns the "camo" scheme that WoT's has, is the day i forever quit ah.  :uhoh

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
The problem is  Camo needs soemthing to blend into and as it  is  AH's death bushes  and bananna tress are  pretty badly coded, so in order to make  a camo scheme make sense we'd have to be able to get into positions to blend in with foilege  1st unless of  course they implement somehting like the WOT camo that Semp is talking about which is  just  dumb.

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »
i really don't get why so many people try to compare aces high to W.O.T? only thing similar about either of them is they both involve tanks...and they both involve combat..other then that they are night and day..now i have never played WOT but heard enough about it and from my understanding u can mod your tank in just about anyway and as for tanks going "invisible" i mean really? that would never happen in AH camo and shortend icon range i could see and lower visibility to do camo blending in... but as for the tank going transparent...and only a well camo'd tank could hide in the open.... but 9/10 it would require blending with similar surroundings

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
I don't see the cost effecting Giving. If you think about it, most gvs used are perked and as soon as new players start giving they always make perks to the point where they can take out 1 perk or more tanks every time.
yes but the problem is,," most tanks are perked!"
 the perk setup for GV's needs a change,,!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
The day AH's ground warfare dawns the "camo" scheme that WoT's has, is the day i forever quit ah.  :uhoh
horsepoop, you don't spend that much time in gv's anyway.

the idea has some merit but, unlike wot you wouldn't become "invisible", just less obvious. there are some graphics anomolies within the game, like trees and foliage not showing at certain distances or angles, and the dark outline of a vehicle when viewed from the air. consider that a lot of players aren't even seeing the skin you're using, because they have other player skins turned off.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
horsepoop, you don't spend that much time in gv's anyway.

the idea has some merit but, unlike wot you wouldn't become "invisible", just less obvious. there are some graphics anomolies within the game, like trees and foliage not showing at certain distances or angles, and the dark outline of a vehicle when viewed from the air. consider that a lot of players aren't even seeing the skin you're using, because they have other player skins turned off.
I used too. Had over 400Gv perks from all the GV'ing i did back in 09.

But then the new setup came out, and it just killed the fun of GV'ing for me, so i dont gv fight much anymore.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
 :rofl
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »

But then the new setup came out, and it just killed the fun of GV'ing for me, so i dont gv fight much anymore.
you should enjoy wot very much then. great arcade action if you're into that sort of thing. i never was much of a tanker but, the new system in ah is awesome compared to the old. takes less time to get used to. no more 5 mile 1 shot to the tower pings. a rolling armored battle is much more fun now.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
you should enjoy wot very much then. great arcade action if you're into that sort of thing. i never was much of a tanker but, the new system in ah is awesome compared to the old. takes less time to get used to. no more 5 mile 1 shot to the tower pings. a rolling armored battle is much more fun now.
i did try it. Hated the Camo system and 3rd person look.

Then come back to AH to find out that they have WoT style controls.

I miss being able to go *in* the tank  :(

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 06:50:20 PM »

I have around 400GV perks, have you ever seen me do anything in a tank besides get blown up? Having perks does not mean much.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s