Author Topic: Looking for a trainer  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Looking for a trainer
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
Im looking for some advanced training. Would like to learn something new: P-38 series, Jug series, 152. Even have to work on the 109 series: mostly on the g6, g14, and the k4.
If you have any motivation to have some fun with a big nub, feel free to pm or post here.
Thanks,
<S>

Debrődy
AoM
City of ice

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Looking for a trainer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »
I'll be more than happy to show you how to fly a spitfire,     :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:53:51 AM »
I'm usually in the TA Saturday mornings 10-12 noon EST.  GMT - 4

Offline prono

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
Lesson 1:
Drop that bomb you carry before you start stall fight  :lol

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Thanks.
Bruv, Prono, no troll plz.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
I can teach you how to auger into the side of a mountain...with style.  :cool:

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
Im looking for some advanced training. Would like to learn something new: P-38 series, Jug series, 152. Even have to work on the 109 series: mostly on the g6, g14, and the k4.
If you have any motivation to have some fun with a big nub, feel free to pm or post here.
Thanks,
<S>

Debrődy

Not trying to troll, but that's a mighty wide range of aircraft and handling characteristics ya got to cover there on your plate.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
You pretty much said you want to learn everything that is not basic...

I'll duel ya in a P38 - I have a lot to learn in it too - but I like getting my arse kicked to learn something
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »
Not trying to troll, but that's a mighty wide range of aircraft and handling characteristics ya got to cover there on your plate.

I don't see the wide range of planes as a problem, actually.

I never really worried about plane type when it came to training.  Maybe a very rough, basic, overview of a plane's characteristics, strong and weak points, etc...  

What I found in almost every case was that it wasn't the plane-choice that was causing my "students" problems, it was how they were handling the basics.  How they used energy and space.  How they handled an E-advantage or disadvantage, how they merged, how predictable they were, and how often they reacted based on what they predicted I was going to do, rather than what they saw me do, or knew me to be capable of.  Number one problem I saw was that they weren't watching me closely enough, but rather taking quick glances at me, or else that they weren't able to interpret what they saw me doing correctly.

I was able to work with intermediate "experts" in whatever plane they chose, even though I often had to set my views up because I'd never used the thing before.  It didn't matter how comfortable they were in it, because they were often making some pretty serious non-plane-specific mistakes...

Honestly, I kind of blew off whatever this-or-that plane choice they made, because it's so seldom that anyone is really able to maximize whatever plane they choose.  As a result, it really does come down to the pilot 99% of the time.  If each pilot was capable of tweaking the best performance out of their plane choice, then I could see the plane choice mattering much more.

I concentrated on teaching my students how to fight, not that a P38 can do this-or-that with a slightly better XX than a P47D11 can, or that if it stalls in a bank it'll do this or that...

Teach someone to fight, and they're dangerous in almost any plane.  They can figure out the fine points of their plane on their own, by flying it.  Or read about the performance differences.  I always considered 1 on 1 training time as far too valuable to squander with those things.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
one thing to do in a jug. keep your E, it bleeds it fast if your not diving or flying level.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
I don't see the wide range of planes as a problem, actually.

I never really worried about plane type when it came to training.  Maybe a very rough, basic, overview of a plane's characteristics, strong and weak points, etc...  

What I found in almost every case was that it wasn't the plane-choice that was causing my "students" problems, it was how they were handling the basics.  How they used energy and space.  How they handled an E-advantage or disadvantage, how they merged, how predictable they were, and how often they reacted based on what they predicted I was going to do, rather than what they saw me do, or knew me to be capable of.  Number one problem I saw was that they weren't watching me closely enough, but rather taking quick glances at me, or else that they weren't able to interpret what they saw me doing correctly.

I was able to work with intermediate "experts" in whatever plane they chose, even though I often had to set my views up because I'd never used the thing before.  It didn't matter how comfortable they were in it, because they were often making some pretty serious non-plane-specific mistakes...

Honestly, I kind of blew off whatever this-or-that plane choice they made, because it's so seldom that anyone is really able to maximize whatever plane they choose.  As a result, it really does come down to the pilot 99% of the time.  If each pilot was capable of tweaking the best performance out of their plane choice, then I could see the plane choice mattering much more.

I concentrated on teaching my students how to fight, not that a P38 can do this-or-that with a slightly better XX than a P47D11 can, or that if it stalls in a bank it'll do this or that...

Teach someone to fight, and they're dangerous in almost any plane.  They can figure out the fine points of their plane on their own, by flying it.  Or read about the performance differences.  I always considered 1 on 1 training time as far too valuable to squander with those things.

Great stuff Mntman!

I'd offer up one more thing,seat time, nothing beats seat time and you cant explore the edges of the envelope while your busy fighting,this is best done in a noncombat setting. Either fly offline or in the TA and do stalls and recoveries,push the limits and thats how you learn a specific plane. As Mntman said learn to fight and the plane really doesnt matter,some plane does some things better than others but thats it!

:salute

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
Thanks,
<S>

Debrődy

Deb, you and I were in the da almost every night last week and we were very closely matched in K4s. If you think you need training, then I should need some too, (which I am not opposed to receiving). I am just kinda surprised, because you are one of the best sticks today. Its kinda like grizz saying he needs training.

If you are not comfortable in a ride, its probably because you need more stick time in it and haven't learned where the 'edge' is.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
Deb, you and I were in the da almost every night last week and we were very closely matched in K4s. If you think you need training, then I should need some too, (which I am not opposed to receiving). I am just kinda surprised, because you are one of the best sticks today. Its kinda like grizz saying he needs training.

If you are not comfortable in a ride, its probably because you need more stick time in it and haven't learned where the 'edge' is.

no matter what you do, or how hard you train, nobody and i mean nobody knows everything there is to know about flying planes.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
no matter what you do, or how hard you train, nobody and i mean nobody knows everything there is to know about flying planes.
So people with pilot liscense don't know everything about their plane?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
Ive been flying since April and I know just about everything I can expect out of the plane I fly never once have I gone "wow thats new"