Author Topic: Score Observation  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Score Observation
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

that makes about zero sense.   otoh, source considered  :aok

:huh If you want score....go on milk runs.

You guys just got trolled by a 12 year old using sarcasm bait.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »
I have found the reverse to be true.  The less reserved I am the better my score.  If I see red guys I just attack them and their stuff without worrying about consequences.  My score always seemed to be lower than the very few times I actually tried to worry about my score. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »
I have found the reverse to be true.  The less reserved I am the better my score.  If I see red guys I just attack them and their stuff without worrying about consequences.  My score always seemed to be lower than the very few times I actually tried to worry about my score. :aok
I don't give a RATTFINK about my score either, especially after some cold beverages.

Tweet: Howard, crushes a changeup homerun.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:41:16 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
I like keeping track of my K/D and Accuracy, those two datapoints imo are the true metric to a good fighter, though having a high score in either doesn't mean you don't just pick'n'run and hose a SB with BB's every now and then

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
score/rank is not a good indicator of ones skill level.....but with observation you can surmise ones ability....

you truly have to know "how" someone flies to be able to judge someones score/rank...most often that is only possible if the said pilot is yourself.

coming across someone once in the MA does not dictate how that person flies :old:

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
So are you implying that Bruv, ToneyJoey, Grizz, Lusche and others who are highly ranked are pushover's in a fight or fly timidly?  Are you saying if you were more careful you'd be right there with them?  I can assure you they are not timid flyers.

The real trick is to have a good score without timidity so, you are still doing something wrong; You're dying too much or not playing the whole game.  When you can fly into an outnumbered situation and live to tell about it your score will go up (down) and you'll have even more fun that you do today.
:aok

Fighter rank is the only one I pay any attention to at the moment because I think there is a lot that can be deduced from the 5 trackers and with all 5 trackers taken cumulatively you can get a pretty fair indicator of how you are doing...  plus I kinda like it because it kinda rewards my particular fighting style.  ;)

Fighter rank breakdown and what it indicates to me:

Kills per Death:  How disciplined you as a FP are, how concerned you are with staying alive (SA)... some would say it indicates how timid a flyer you are.. can also be influenced by how many squaddies you have guarding your 6.

Kills per Sortie:  A pretty fair indicator of how aggressively you fly, how good a shot you are and how liberal a triggermasher you are (managing your ammo loadout).  Of course there is always the wildcard of how often someone rearms.

Kills per Hour of Flight:  Indicates to me how good one is at finding a fight on the map also a willingness to up under less than desirable conditions... also shows FP's desire for a fight outweighs his concern for staying alive.  Furballers do well here.

Kills Hit Percentage:  Obviously this one should indicate to all what a marksman you are and hopefully it isn't as easily "gamed" as an earlier poster in this thread submitted.  Obviously spray and pray'rs don't do well here, the guys who place a premium on every shot fired... DO.  To attempt to "game" this is to shortchange yourself and deprive yourself of a very useful tool.

Kill Points:  This one tells me 1) how much time one spends flying in "fighter mode" 2) how effectively they use this time... getting kills, landing kills, getting assists.

Of course all this is my subjective opinion and debatable.  :)

Before some smart a** gets the idea that I think SA stands for "staying alive" I know it means "Safely Airborne" :neener:  It helps to be situationally aware and see these things coming at ya!  ;)  :aok

:salute  Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
I half an eye  on my rank, but how it's calculated is beyond me.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 04:26:01 AM »
I find the scores and statistics interesting.

My attack statistics are always better than my fighter statistics.
From my fighter statistics, I can see what I have killed and what has killed me.

And since I only fly P38s, I get killed alot.

However, none of the statistics influence how I fly.

I have never landed more than two kills.
My personal goal to land five; ace status.
That's the only score that matters to me.

Just my $0.02 worth.  :old:

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 04:51:58 AM »
how to pad your score with style  (this is all personal experience)

step 1: accquire a 262
step 2: find a nearby enemy base
step 3: de-ack base
step 4: get downed by a manned gun 2k out

result: epic score.  :banana:
:rofl I love it when the base takers expect you to do this, but on the town.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »
You guys just got trolled by a 12 year old using sarcasm bait.

ack-ack

:D

And yes... in fighter mode some guys tend to shy away from anything but a sure thing.... I have ranked low as 4, trying hard, and to do so, with my inept skills, the juice was NOT worth the squeeze.  Since then I happily live in the 300s.  Especially true since my recent shift to the flaming, oil leaking, parts express known as the P-38. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:57 AM »
I noticed that if my score ever enters the top 1000 it means I am doing something wrong.  Perhaps flying with reservations or too many perky planes (not challenged maybe).

Relatively speaking, I noticed also the higher my score is the funner the game is.

When I was a noob the game was very frustrating and not as fun as when I got better. Getting below 1000 was a milestone for myself telling me I was getting better. I take a lot of risks and often try the impossible base capture, CV kill ect. not worried about score.
  Score is a gauge of performance for some and vanity for others.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
I think scaring folks sometimes can be fun. It can also be detrimental to someone with health issues. As I get.... huh?  What??

oh SCORE.........  never mind  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
stupid score. Does the whole world have to know how much I stink!@!!!!  ?  :furious I want mine stricken from the roster at once!
Lighten up Francis

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
stupid score. Does the whole world have to know how much I stink!@!!!!  ?  :furious I want mine stricken from the roster at once!

It cant be as bad as mine... Ingame name surmises my flying ability.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
Is hit percentage also taken from gun positions other than the pilot?