Author Topic: man caves...  (Read 665 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
man caves...
« on: September 28, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
whats your best man cave? (real or fictional)

mine would be a Fridge stocked to the top with pizza and Mtn. Dew, a large 140' flatscreed TV mounted on the wall and a Xbox 360 with all the games i could handle. not to mention a leather recliner and blue fuzzy walls. and why not throw in a .50 cal MG and a shooting range for fun?

oh and i almost forgot, i'd have a 1970-era 302 Boss mustang.  :rock

if only i could have all of that, id never leave!

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: man caves...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
a nice big cold room with all the time of the world to spend with my girlfriend

and a top line gaming PC  :noid
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
Alright. Here I go...

Every instrument that holds a place in the orchestra/ concert band, including a drum set, Glockenspiel, timpani and electric guitars/basses. Good sized TV-- about 120" or so-- as well as a custom built PC with both Aces High and Flight Simulator X installed-- at full eye candy :x And maybe just a good sized bank account-- preferably 6 digits, with a fridge (REALLY big) a convection oven, microwave, nice sink with an aerator, and an industrial dishwasher. :D

The money is for the FOOD!!!!!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
hmmm let's seee

I have twin 42"s, a TD system, my mini fridge is within arms length.  *thinks*

Pretty happy at the moment..  ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
a 1,800 dollar PC with BF3 the best surround sound system in the world turned up to 100%(just to piss off my neighbor's) a fridge with pizza's and doctor pepper and memory foam recliner with the bass speak mounted into for when i play BF3.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:14:57 PM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »
I do have a friend with his own man cave which we crash at every now and then. He has his own drumset, and we would bring our instruments along and have a little fun. I play the trumpet and we always have a blast (pun intended). He has a TV, not big, but it's average, 32" I think. He doesn't play PC games but the time we spend on his PS3 should be illegal. Beer and booze is a given although we rarely do booze ;). Man caves don't have to be extravagant to be awesome.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:28:50 PM »
post deleted
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:16:40 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
I do have a friend with his own man cave which we crash at every now and then. He has his own drumset, and we would bring our instruments along and have a little fun. I play the trumpet and we always have a blast (pun intended). He has a TV, not big, but it's average, 32" I think. He doesn't play PC games but the time we spend on his PS3 should be illegal. Beer and booze is a given although we rarely do booze ;). Man caves don't have to be extravagant to be awesome.

true my current man cave has my PS3 with gran turismo 5 (i only play racing games on PS3 not FPS games) i have a mini fridge and an old big screen TV with a driving seat and a logitech G25 stearing wheel, although one of the most reason for using it is to get away from my girlfriend and her best friends whenever they come over (god they annoy the hell outa me)

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
I've been to lake cabin that is built into the side of a hill.  The garage is built on the down side of the hill where you have to climb up the stairs to the living part of the cabin.  He has 2'x2' black and white tiles on the garage floor, that look like a victory flag at Indy.  A full bar in one corner, a built up stage with drums, amps and stuff centered against one wall, and a stripper pole next to it.  It's a great start.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
my entire apartment is a man cave...everything i want to put in it and no wife ack.  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
my entire apartment is a man cave...everything i want to put in it and no wife ack.  :D

Lucky. I made the mistake of falling into a relationship. dont get me wrong i love her, but her friends GRRRRR it sucks that murder is a capitol offense in the US.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
I've been to lake cabin that is built into the side of a hill.  The garage is built on the down side of the hill where you have to climb up the stairs to the living part of the cabin.  He has 2'x2' black and white tiles on the garage floor, that look like a victory flag at Indy.  A full bar in one corner, a built up stage with drums, amps and stuff centered against one wall, and a stripper pole next to it.  It's a great start.

Maybe I will move to Oklahoma like my daughter keeps asking...
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
My bedroom, I have a person refrigerator with a 12 pack of Dr.Pepper in there constantly  :rock I'm in my room 95% of the time when I'm not outside
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »
whats your best man cave? (real or fictional)

a large 140' flatscreed TV mounted on the wall and ...

:O

Oh, how prophetic Mr. Al turns out to be.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glFVXpz_abQ

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Seraphim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 12:29:21 AM »