Author Topic: Zeeky Jugs  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
Zeeky Jugs
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
I don't know what was changed but P-47d11s are consistently catching fire with single pings~ confirmed by several other players :old: Please fix!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
Re: Zeeky Jugs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
I don't know what was changed but P-47d11s are consistently catching fire with single pings~ confirmed by several other players :old: Please fix!

Perhaps they're being hit in the fuel tanks from cannon rounds?  I've always found P-47's quick to catch on fire, especially with belly shots.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
Film, please?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
you may only hear one ping, but you dont really know how many bullets hit the tank.  I dont think it plays a sound for every bullet that hits your plane.  I have killed many planes and I see hits all up and down the plane and every now and they somebody will post on 200 about how it's bs that it was a one ping kill.

if you record your film and review them when you get this "one ping fire"  i bet you will see multiple hits.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »
you may only hear one ping, but you dont really know how many bullets hit the tank.  I dont think it plays a sound for every bullet that hits your plane.

It used to be that you heard every single ping, no matter what (barring the game crashing). Being killed by .50s popped you into the tower and you heard the banging for a good 10sec afterward. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if that's still the case. But, then again, I tend to get killed by cannon birds tearing integral parts off of me and plummeting to the ground much more often than being sprayed into the tower these days.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
Now that I posted this, can't seem to replicate it~ :aok Film running, though. I was referring to .303 pings causing flame jobs. Cannon is perfectly unsustainable.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
It used to be that you heard every single ping, no matter what (barring the game crashing). Being killed by .50s popped you into the tower and you heard the banging for a good 10sec afterward. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if that's still the case.

That still happens. At least for me every now and then, anyway.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
It used to be that you heard every single ping, no matter what (barring the game crashing). Being killed by .50s popped you into the tower and you heard the banging for a good 10sec afterward. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if that's still the case. But, then again, I tend to get killed by cannon birds tearing integral parts off of me and plummeting to the ground much more often than being sprayed into the tower these days.

It still happens... Like salt in a wound. A not-so subtle reminder that you just got owned!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
1 ping from what a/c? is it being hit with a 30mm? also the 47n catches fire easily because its a flying gas tank
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »
same with the D25, apart from a couple of headshots almost all my jug deaths recently have been the flaming kind. ive logged enough jug hours to know it didnt used to be this way (although I guess my style or everybody elses might have changed.). seems to only take a cannon round or 2 on the fuselage to light it up :(

edit: been back in the jug for a coupla tours now so its not very recent. I'll try to remember to save some films of it happening.

edit2: bah, wheres jugler when you need him? :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:19:55 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
i just got set on fire not 3 minuets ago by a lancs top 30 cal...in a 47 didint save recording though....

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
Taking a wild guess here...

If you're catching fire from .303s could it be because the % chance of "breaking a critical component"  (i.e fuel leak, oil hit, catching fire, etc.)  might have something to do with the volume of fire you are receiving?  For example with these made up numbers

20mm = X DMG + 20% chance to cause part failure
.303   = far less X DMG and a 5% chance to cause part failure.

A small burst of .303 might have your plane receive many many many hits due to volume of fire, yet the % chance to destroy a component might be higher, even though the X DMG to your airframe might be less

Once again just, a guess.  I really wish HTC would explain the dmg modeling in more detail, but then again it I think I understand why they have not.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
I really wish HTC would explain the dmg modeling in more detail, but then again it I think I understand why they have not.

Why is that?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
 :furious  Maybe it is just my turn to be the torch, but must have lost 4 JUGs to this with little damage in the last 24 hrs.  I like the effect, just wasn't aware that JUGs didn't have the self sealing tanks. 

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 11:08:35 PM »
:furious  Maybe it is just my turn to be the torch, but must have lost 4 JUGs to this with little damage in the last 24 hrs.  I like the effect, just wasn't aware that JUGs didn't have the self sealing tanks. 

"...self sealing tanks"

No on e ever takes into account how many holes were sealed or how big the current hole is before they start spouting "self sealing tanks".

Read it again. "Self sealing tanks", not "bullet proof tanks".

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay