Author Topic: Frame Rate getting worse and worse  (Read 1044 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Frame Rate getting worse and worse
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »
at this point anything you do to that system is just putting off the inevitable. newegg has some recertificed p4 cedar mill and prescott processors but nothing more than 3.4ghz. if you want to toss some money at it, buy a new video card then get a copy of windows 7 32bit and run it. you will still have to tweak the running services but it should give you better performance than win xp.

if you can afford it, start looking at a new system. a nice one can be put together for under $1000.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
at this point anything you do to that system is just putting off the inevitable. newegg has some recertificed p4 cedar mill and prescott processors but nothing more than 3.4ghz. if you want to toss some money at it, buy a new video card then get a copy of windows 7 32bit and run it. you will still have to tweak the running services but it should give you better performance than win xp.

if you can afford it, start looking at a new system. a nice one can be put together for under $1000.
I kinda figured a new system would be in order but right now just noyt feasible. I made most if not all of the suggestions to $my system. Last night I played and got rates as high as 75 fps when flying a goon solo. Its never been that high. Seemed to average 30-45 fps with an occassional drop to the 20s whenm in a big furball. - mighy even try upping an item or two graphics wise and see what happens. Maybe this will buy me some time system wise. I may still try the vid card, not sure. Or maybe just try to set that money aside for a new system. Thx to all who posted suggestions, will keep you abreast of what happens , a big salute to ya!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
There are definately things wrong in that trace you posted.  The first 13 hops being in New York screams routing problems, probably due to the damaged telecomm infrastructure.

Your video card is a very very low end card.  You need to disable any anti-aliasing, set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 256, disable all but "Bump Mapping" in the Options->Graphics Detail->Advanced panel.

Making sure the system is running clean will help as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com