Author Topic: Well.. my stolen car was found...  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Well.. my stolen car was found...
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
There isn't much you can do about something small like that (I assume that it is a small loss).  You can tell the police, but the fact that it had been there for a month would sound fishy.  This gang may very well be real, but if you go around accusing people around the police, you'll start looking strange yourself.  The point you made about few people liking you is odd.  The creeps that supposedly did this to you would do it whether you were well liked or not.  The 'drama' people frequently reference is simply a matter of choosing to stay out of dishonest dealings (e.g., cheating on your girlfriend, not telling someone that their partner is cheating, not anonymously informing the proper authorities if you have a good case for someone doing something highly illegal, such as larceny, hard drugs, or grand theft).

You can believe me that there is no advantage to secluding oneself from others.  I have gone through a period like that- no real friends in school, no one to trust.  That period lasted from Kindergarten to 7th grade.  I know that world, and I don't want to go back.  Granted, you live in a neighbourhood that does not compel one to be very trusting, (just look at what those punks did to your R/C car!), but you must realize that even though there will be haters, most people will enjoy someone who talks to them.  That's where you come in.

Think of it from their perspective.  Wouldn't it be nice to have someone who listens to you, respects your opinion, gives a compassionate reply, and brings up topics of common interest from time to time?  I'm sure that you'd enjoy that- and giving that treatment to others is almost all it takes to be well liked.  Looks, athletic ability, and wit all help, but if you're a dirtbag or a complete introvert, they're all but useless.

I did it, and look at me, I'm as white and nerdy as they come.  I debate people for fun on the internet, have no sport, and particpate in several academic after-school activities.  I did decide, however, that other people were worth my time, and now people see me and shout my name from speeding cars, across hallways, or from classrooms, and I always have someone to talk to.

So get out there, and get involved.  If you're nice to people, everyone but the haters (everyone has them, even the most popular kids) will return the favor.  The only choice you need to make is, "Do I care enough about the other human beings in my life to be compassionate and outgoing toward them?".

-Penguin

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
There isn't much you can do about something small like that (I assume that it is a small loss).  You can tell the police, but the fact that it had been there for a month would sound fishy.  This gang may very well be real, but if you go around accusing people around the police, you'll start looking strange yourself.  The point you made about few people liking you is odd.  The creeps that supposedly did this to you would do it whether you were well liked or not.  The 'drama' people frequently reference is simply a matter of choosing to stay out of dishonest dealings (e.g., cheating on your girlfriend, not telling someone that their partner is cheating, not anonymously informing the proper authorities if you have a good case for someone doing something highly illegal, such as larceny, hard drugs, or grand theft).

You can believe me that there is no advantage to secluding oneself from others.  I have gone through a period like that- no real friends in school, no one to trust.  That period lasted from Kindergarten to 7th grade.  I know that world, and I don't want to go back.  Granted, you live in a neighbourhood that does not compel one to be very trusting, (just look at what those punks did to your R/C car!), but you must realize that even though there will be haters, most people will enjoy someone who talks to them.  That's where you come in.

Think of it from their perspective.  Wouldn't it be nice to have someone who listens to you, respects your opinion, gives a compassionate reply, and brings up topics of common interest from time to time?  I'm sure that you'd enjoy that- and giving that treatment to others is almost all it takes to be well liked.  Looks, athletic ability, and wit all help, but if you're a dirtbag or a complete introvert, they're all but useless.

I did it, and look at me, I'm as white and nerdy as they come.  I debate people for fun on the internet, have no sport, and particpate in several academic after-school activities.  I did decide, however, that other people were worth my time, and now people see me and shout my name from speeding cars, across hallways, or from classrooms, and I always have someone to talk to.

So get out there, and get involved.  If you're nice to people, everyone but the haters (everyone has them, even the most popular kids) will return the favor.  The only choice you need to make is, "Do I care enough about the other human beings in my life to be compassionate and outgoing toward them?".

-Penguin
No you don't understand, my neighbor is friends with them and me, she told me they were talking about stealing it, then my dad saw them leave the neighborhood with a full duffel bag, then their friend started gloating about it and told me, i'm not accusing people blindly, I know who did it for a fact
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 08:05:04 PM »
And why did your dad not notice them breaking in and stealing it from your house?  However, did you leave it outside?  That's almost asking for it to be (albeit wrongfully) stolen.

-Penguin

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
:rofl :rofl Nah its a program I found on the droid market that can use your web cam as a security camera, I only turn it on when I leave the house

Elaborate!  Inquiring Droid owners want to know more!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:34 PM »
No you don't understand, my neighbor is friends with them and me, she told me they were talking about stealing it, then my dad saw them leave the neighborhood with a full duffel bag, then their friend started gloating about it and told me, i'm not accusing people blindly, I know who did it for a fact

Raptor..

go back and read Penguins post and eliminate the fact that your car got stolen.  He's right.  Trust me. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
And why did your dad not notice them breaking in and stealing it from your house?  However, did you leave it outside?  That's almost asking for it to be (albeit wrongfully) stolen.

-Penguin
It was behind my moms car in the garage, my house is on a hill so you can't see into my garage easily from the street, they were eye balling my house I know it, but I couldn't take it inside cause it would leak fluid and was really filthy with grass and stuff stuck to the frame. Dad was coming home from work, me my mom and my brother were in the kitchen when it happened, they must have rushed in, threw it in the bag and ran off

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
It was behind my moms car in the garage, my house is on a hill so you can't see into my garage easily from the street, they were eye balling my house I know it, but I couldn't take it inside cause it would leak fluid and was really filthy with grass and stuff stuck to the frame. Dad was coming home from work, me my mom and my brother were in the kitchen when it happened, they must have rushed in, threw it in the bag and ran off
That sounds extremely unlikely to me. Some teen age gang bangers snuck into your house while you and most of your family were in the house, took your RC car and took off? Come on, you have to realize how ridiculous that sounds. From watching a video you posted on youtube, your garage is attached to your house correct? That makes it sound even more like some kind of fantasy.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »
That sounds extremely unlikely to me. Some teen age gang bangers snuck into your house while you and most of your family were in the house, took your RC car and took off? Come on, you have to realize how ridiculous that sounds. From watching a video you posted on youtube, your garage is attached to your house correct? That makes it sound even more like some kind of fantasy.
You think I like this being reality? Man I sure wish I could pretend all this was made up and bs cause if it was I would still have my car

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:08 PM »

-Penguin

This is very well organized and said - I +1
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »
now that i re-read all of this, it doesnt make much sense. not at all.

first: car stolen and burned
second: cops notified
third: he said it rained alot over the crime scene
fourth: he says he leaves it behind the garage, kind of stupid.
fifth: a 2 man gang steals the car
sixth: here we are

anyone else think this is all a bit fishy? not to mention the car looks hardly burned when his friend just so happened to stumble apon it in the middle of an unfinished dirt trail half-buried in the sand.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
so you can't see into my garage easily from the street, they were eye balling my house I know it,

Sorry you had this happen but  consider it a life lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPlCLf9AZ8

:noid

Close the garage
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:52:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »
now that i re-read all of this, it doesnt make much sense. not at all.

first: car stolen and burned
second: cops notified
third: he said it rained alot over the crime scene
fourth: he says he leaves it behind the garage, kind of stupid.
fifth: a 2 man gang steals the car
sixth: here we are

anyone else think this is all a bit fishy? not to mention the car looks hardly burned when his friend just so happened to stumble apon it in the middle of an unfinished dirt trail half-buried in the sand.
It was behind my moms car in the garage, she has a feakin suv, and yes its been a month since it happen and it has rained quite a bit

Sorry you had this happen but  consider it a life lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPlCLf9AZ8

:noid

Close the garage
I actually came home and closed the garage, my sister left it open when she went to go play with her friends

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
Hell.....I used to sprint into a few choice garages as a kid and nick a couple of beers from the garage fridge........not 15 seconds after the owner went inside.

Yes, I also staked out the house by seeing which house had guys standing around like hank hill and friends so I knew the fridge would be stocked.

Why was it always cheap beer in cans?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »
someone stole my Tonka Toy drump trunk once
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:44:09 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2011, 03:18:27 AM »

Dude, you have no clue.  That's exactly how stuff gets stolen.  Like when my stereo got stolen out of my car while it was in my driveway 20ft from my bedroom window.  Or this...  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Kicker-8217-s-golf-clubs-stolen-by-man-deliveri?urn=nfl-wp8243

It's not like common petty thieves are rappelling down from the rafters dressed in black tactical gear while spraying aerosol to detect secret laser traps. 
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH