Author Topic: Lets see your desktop  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Lets see your desktop
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
sorry gents

I have the best desktop...... :salute

even though its messy :o

(Image removed from quote.)

Holy icons batman!  Really!  That's nuts!

I have to admit my desktop isn't much to look at.  I never did see much of a point to having a bunch of gadgets, icons, pictures, etc laying around and using resources when I have my browser or my game up 99.9% of the time anyway!  When I'm not on my computer I shut it down.  I don't see much point to leaving it running and I don't consider having to press the power button and wait 45 seconds to be a hindrance.  I just have a dark gray background and a handful of shortcuts on my desktop and that's it.

I guess that's why I'm not impressed with any of the WIN8 previews I'm seeing either. <shrug>

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »
sorry gents

post that pic? i Have a galloping ghost background currently as well, but it doesnt look as good as that.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
sorry gents

I disagree  :devil
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
I never did see much of a point to having a bunch of gadgets, icons, pictures, etc laying around and using resources when I have my browser or my game up 99.9% of the time anyway!  When I'm not on my computer I shut it down.  I don't see much point to leaving it running and I don't consider having to press the power button and wait 45 seconds to be a hindrance.  I just have a dark gray background and a handful of shortcuts on my desktop and that's it.

I've never seen a point to the gadgets either, however the icons are there to get to things faster, since the Start Menu these days is nearly worthless with all the crap that gets thrown in it. I tend to turn my laptop off only because I usually end up sleeping near it, but otherwise I leave my computers on to reduce wear on the hard drive spindle and power supply. That, and my computers run health and science researching tasks while idle.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
I disagree  :devil

That Diamond is a great looking airplane.

What do you true out at?
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
Mine.

Games to the right, daily programs to the left.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
I just have a dark gray background and a handful of shortcuts on my desktop and that's it.

same, I use mid grey (old habit from DTP work) and as little clutter as possible - its less stress on the eye/brain. sometimes a small pic in the middle so its covered by windows when I'm working, currently:

:D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »

Only the picture changes.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
mine
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »

Only the picture changes.
that was a fun place to be.

Broke my heart tho seeing how half the tanks there had gang symbols or some other type of graffitti on them  :(  :mad:

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
Kratos and Sub-Zero. Had this background when i got the New Mortal Kombat game. was a deadly team. The God of War and a Cyromancer  :t
Ive since replaced Sub Zero with Freddy Krueger tho. its insanely cool, having a game where the biggest B.A in gaming history, can fight with (or against) one of the most iconic 80's horror villains.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
mine
this. is. winner.

nice desktop, only real men like "Jugs" :D

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
This is mine.  Wife snapped it a few days ago as I called her (the bird) to the lure.

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »

My usual.

Just switched to this the other day, might find another good Pony background sometime, but I really like this one.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com