Author Topic: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000  (Read 42661 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Fish.  That sucker sounds really good.  :aok

Feel free to vote for this fun little fidget in the new plane poll.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 05:48:42 AM »
Feel free to vote for this fun little fidget in the new plane poll.

And this would be ??
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 08:30:21 AM »
Um, I guess that would probably be the plane in the title header.  You know, the one that was mentioned once or twice in this thread.  The name escapes me... Think it starts with a "B". 

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:45:15 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
Probably slower than one. Remember, it couldn't catch and shoot down BOMBERs.... EARLY bombers.... Not even ones running full throttle like in Aces High. I don't think it ever scored a kill on any other plane. It was limited to strafing troops in trenches and dropping smoke bombs for the corsairs flying in formation with it.

The only reason to want this plane is national pride, and that's even slightly misplaced because while it was built in Australia the design was decidedly... shall we say... "borrowed".... from another plane already in existence.

Not that I need to remind you... But I will.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »
Oh, pshaw, Krusty!  The former P-40B couldn't catch bombers either, but I've shot down B-17s above the cloud layer (running the same unrealistic full throttle you mentioned) in AH.  Was a long chase, but it can be done.  Same goes for the A6M2.  The Boomerang has a semi-decent climb rate (compared to the P-40) and much better firepower.  It did shoot down just as many planes as the uber Ta 152, as well as the uber Meteor the squeakers are probably voting for.

People want this plane because it looks like it would be fun to fly.  Small, turny and packing lethal firepower.  Plus, it's an airframe from a country not yet represented in the game.  Who cares about historical significance in here anyway?  The historic early Spits, Hurris and 109s from "the Battle of Britain", as well as the early P-40s of "Flying Tigers" fame are rare birds; compared to the uber Rainbow XVI, 109-Gay4 and Pee 51D.  Most sorties are in late war monsters anyway, so whatever is added will likely be seldom seen.  Compared to the Ki-43's anemic firepower and legendary fragility, I'd rather take my chances in the Boomerang and would bet most others would too.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
+Eleventy Billion on the boomerang

Who gives a damm if it shot down more than a couple of enemy aircraft, it served in squadron strength and saw combat. AH MA fighting is not WWII - aircraft and vehicles are used in this game in roles they were never intended for in actual service.

Think of the Boomerang as a B239 with hispanos. That's all I need!

And, Krusty, please can it, with all due respect. I love ya man, but if you had your way with every aircraft in-game and what were allowed, this place would be pretty boring I think.  :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
Caldera... Name ONE confirmed kill the boomerang ever made. Ever. If you want "fun" we have plenty of fun planes already that nobody thinks twice about. There was a time I was the only one flying C202s, for example. Quite fun! I liked Ta152s before they became "hip" and gathered some attention, and it was quite a fun ride. I also recall enjoying flying the Ki61 before moot popularized it for the masses, and had quite a bit of fun.

So yes, I'm all for "fun" rides, but rides that nonetheless contribute something. The Boomerang is... in a word... useless. Absolutely useless. It has no redeeming qualities for a fighter, it provides absolutely nothing to AH's main arenas, nothing to AH's scenarios, nothing at all. Your example of A6M2 and P-40C aren't good ones, as they are 30 adn 50mph faster than the Boomerang, respectively. Let's put it this way, the F4F4 is 20mph faster than the Boomerang. It's as slow as the I-16, which already has cannons and rockets. It also turns pretty tightly.

It's also fun to fly, FYI. Feel free to try it out.

The only reason to request it is national pride, and that's a fairly weak and much-derided reason for requesting aircraft on these forums.

And, Krusty, please can it, with all due respect. I love ya man, but if you had your way with every aircraft in-game and what were allowed, this place would be pretty boring I think.  :aok

You're entitled to an opinion no matter how wrong it is. I think you know me better than to believe what you've typed there.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »

The only reason to request it is national pride, and that's a fairly weak and much-derided reason for requesting aircraft on these forums.

:O Really.

OK Australia only came up with three Australian manufactured designs that were used in combat during WWII that were all based off of other aircraft made in other country's.

First off the Wirraway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Wirraway

This would be near useless in scenarios or early war. As cannon fodder it will be great for any aircraft in AHII.

It did get a few kills though.

Next the Boomerang.

Wiki says it just about as it is for the Boomerang.

What can it do in a turn fight in AHII? Remains to be seen.

It would be a Mid war aircraft NOT early war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Boomerang

Last but not least.

DAP MK 21 Beaufighter.

A British design that found it's way to Australia & with a few design changes & since the RAAF was the only country to use them. I think you can say it is about as close as you can get to an Australian design that served in WWII with the exception of the above two.

http://www.aarg.com.au/beaufighter.htm

So in summery if some people want to choose an Australian aircraft to put in AHII & there choice is national pride so be it. Let them have the Boomerang we only have three choices.

Will you disqualify the other two if national pride comes in to play?

Or do Australians just never get a plane in game?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 05:49:50 PM »
Caldera... Name ONE confirmed kill the boomerang ever made. Ever. If you want "fun" we have plenty of fun planes already that nobody thinks twice about. There was a time I was the only one flying C202s, for example. Quite fun! I liked Ta152s before they became "hip" and gathered some attention, and it was quite a fun ride. I also recall enjoying flying the Ki61 before moot popularized it for the masses, and had quite a bit of fun.

So yes, I'm all for "fun" rides, but rides that nonetheless contribute something. The Boomerang is... in a word... useless. Absolutely useless. It has no redeeming qualities for a fighter, it provides absolutely nothing to AH's main arenas, nothing to AH's scenarios, nothing at all. Your example of A6M2 and P-40C aren't good ones, as they are 30 adn 50mph faster than the Boomerang, respectively. Let's put it this way, the F4F4 is 20mph faster than the Boomerang. It's as slow as the I-16, which already has cannons and rockets. It also turns pretty tightly.

It's also fun to fly, FYI. Feel free to try it out.

You're entitled to an opinion no matter how wrong it is. I think you know me better than to believe what you've typed there.

Useless?  There's that hyperbole again! :lol   Not expecting to get it in-game anytime soon (if ever) but were that to happen, I would be happy to demonstrate its usefulness on whatever you want to fly. 

As for the A6M2, C.202, F4F, I-16 and Ki-61; I have at a minimum, double the kills that I have in the F4U-1A, P-51D, Spit XVI, 109-K4 and most every other "popular" ride - save the F6F and Ki-84.  So there.  :neener:

edit: And more kills in the P-40B than those uber planes as well FYI.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:53:31 PM by caldera »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 12:31:49 PM »
The Boomerang replaced the Buffalo!

Nuff Said,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »
I love the boomerang!

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »
The Boomerang replaced the Buffalo!

Nuff Said,
That is, in fact, not enough said.  It leaves the impression that the Boomerang replaced the B-239 we have in AH when it replaced the substantially inferior B-339E.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »
That is, in fact, not enough said.  It leaves the impression that the Boomerang replaced the B-239 we have in AH when it replaced the substantially inferior B-339E.

I said it replaced the Buffalo, which is fact.

A UFO couldn't replace that sweet little thing we have in the game.  :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 01:04:31 AM »

So in summery if some people want to choose an Australian aircraft to put in AHII & there choice is national pride so be it. Let them have the Boomerang we only have three choices.

Will you disqualify the other two if national pride comes in to play?

Or do Australians just never get a plane in game?

I understand this whole nation pride thing going on, but why do the rest of us have to suffer so a handful can have their ego boosted by adding the CAC Boomerang?

I would vote on the Beaufighter, but why on earth something so useless it shouldn't even be debated?
JG 52