Author Topic: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000  (Read 42995 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2011, 10:49:21 PM »
The PBY would be more useful.

For whom?  Like you would fly either one.  Go post in the PBY thread and espouse its virtues.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
For whom?  Like you would fly either one.  Go post in the PBY thread and espouse its virtues.

Explain what good a CAC Boomerang would do in the late war arena of Aces high?
JG 52

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »
About the same as the Storch,B5N & so on & so on.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
About the same as the Storch,B5N & so on & so on.

lol how many B5n's do you see? :D
JG 52

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
It would be an excellent low level medium speed dogfighter. It would keep up with Zekes and remove our brewster problem.

And it could do much the same as the Storch, it could drop small bombs and smoke charges

plus as a recon aircraft.... it could hold its own.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2011, 07:09:21 PM »
It would be an excellent low level medium speed dogfighter. It would keep up with Zekes and remove our brewster problem.

And it could do much the same as the Storch, it could drop small bombs and smoke charges

plus as a recon aircraft.... it could hold its own.

It wouldn't be a recon plane, although it would be an armed Storch if added in game, the option to drop smoke bombs, but then it would eliminate the use of the storch.
JG 52

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »

Maybe we should all just fly the F4U-4, P-51D, Tempest and Spit XVI and just get rid of the rest of the plane set.

If players can get kills in an I-16 in Late war, then they can in the Boomerang as well.  The lowly pilot Snuggie has 124 kills/51 deaths in the I-16, for instance (all in Late War).

The Boomerang won't be much good for a "text bar glory"-oriented person, so I can see why you wouldn't like it.  Why not petition HTC to remove all those superfluous planes from the Late War hangar, while you're at it?

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2011, 08:07:30 AM »
HAHAHA   the way I come across?

Yes, exactly how you come across. By talking about these "super facts" you imply that there was something dishonest going on in the process of modelling the Brewster, and therefore I don't really see any reason to go trhough the trouble of sending you with any info.

If that was the case then it would fly like an F2a2, and you would have been satisfied with the original version put out by HTC right?

I don't really understand what you are getting at with this. Why should a B239 perform like a F2A-2?

You have gotten your 46 or whatever planes for your country that have this miraculous kill total. <not that the Fin's boast or anything>
I would love to have the Boomer just to fight you in alone :) not to mention all the other reasons. <Base defence, bombs, smoke, does the Brewster have these?

Boast? I'm not boasting at all. I'm just stating a fact. The kill total just happens to be a quick and compact way to make a point that dispite their small numbers, they saw heavy combat. That is all.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think Brewster vs. Boomerang fights would get vey boring very quickly for the Brewster pilot. :)

Fine,.... then the RAAF wants there own P-40E that is there specs and manipulated to there preference by them and flown at tolerances they like.

We've already gone through this. HTC models the aircraft with standard, original power settings specified by the manufacturer.

Let the country 5x the size, and contributed way more to the war effort, have there 250 planes and you help with the research you hear me.

What does the countries' contribution to the war effort have anything to do with the "war effort" of individual aircraft types? Not a very logical argument. Why should I help with any research, because you say so?

The only incoherency going on here is your attitude towards the Australian's and there plane.

Ehh... :headscratch: My attitude against Australians? Right. My stance regarding any plane to be added has nothing to do with the nation itself (any nation) but the significance of that particular aircraft compared to the others which could be added.

They deserve it just as much as the Fins did/do.

It has nothing to do with who "deserves" what.

Look at the way your coming across.... tell a fellow AH country that, that made there own plane, flew it in squadron strength in WWII for
2 years to suck eggs.  :rolleyes:

That's not what I'm saying or how I come across, that's the way you want to take it.

I'm sure their nads are just as big if not bigger than the Fin's.

Heh, very coherent right there. :lol Yeh, that makes you look very smart. :)

It would keep up with Zekes and remove our brewster problem.

Keep up with Zekes? What Brewster problem? :headscratch:

I don't see any Brewster problem. Brewster's usage alone is too small for it to be any sort of "problem".

Very basic numbers on these planes show that Boomerang is far behind both the Zeros and Brewster in powerloading and wingloading for example. While Brewster's powerloading is roughly average for a WWII fighter, Boomerang's is down right poor. While the airfoils are similar, the wing loading of the Boomerang is significantly higher. It would be quite a dog in comparison. You can't bend physics no matter how big of a fan of the Boomerang you are.

And for the record, I would gladly welcome a DAP Beaufighter to the game even if it would come in the next version.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Yes, exactly how you come across. By talking about these "super facts" you imply that there was something dishonest going on in the process of modelling the Brewster, and therefore I don't really see any reason to go trhough the trouble of sending you with any info.

I don't really understand what you are getting at with this. Why should a B239 perform like a F2A-2?

Boast? I'm not boasting at all. I'm just stating a fact. The kill total just happens to be a quick and compact way to make a point that dispite their small numbers, they saw heavy combat. That is all.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think Brewster vs. Boomerang fights would get vey boring very quickly for the Brewster pilot. :)

We've already gone through this. HTC models the aircraft with standard, original power settings specified by the manufacturer.

What does the countries' contribution to the war effort have anything to do with the "war effort" of individual aircraft types? Not a very logical argument. Why should I help with any research, because you say so?

Ehh... :headscratch: My attitude against Australians? Right. My stance regarding any plane to be added has nothing to do with the nation itself (any nation) but the significance of that particular aircraft compared to the others which could be added.

It has nothing to do with who "deserves" what.

That's not what I'm saying or how I come across, that's the way you want to take it.

Heh, very coherent right there. :lol Yeh, that makes you look very smart. :)

Keep up with Zekes? What Brewster problem? :headscratch:

I don't see any Brewster problem. Brewster's usage alone is too small for it to be any sort of "problem".

Very basic numbers on these planes show that Boomerang is far behind both the Zeros and Brewster in powerloading and wingloading for example. While Brewster's powerloading is roughly average for a WWII fighter, Boomerang's is down right poor. While the airfoils are similar, the wing loading of the Boomerang is significantly higher. It would be quite a dog in comparison. You can't bend physics no matter how big of a fan of the Boomerang you are.

And for the record, I would gladly welcome a DAP Beaufighter to the game even if it would come in the next version.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2011, 02:51:18 AM »
when shall we make "CAC Boomerang request thread #2 of 1000"  :D
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
when shall we make "CAC Boomerang request thread #2 of 1000"  :D

As soon as WMaker's protestations get it locked.  If the plane is so worthless as he suggests - why does he invest so much time opposing it, when he should welcome another easy target for his EZB-239.  Must be the fear that the Boomerang could hang in long enough to torch his pride and joy. 

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2012, 07:20:33 AM »
As soon as WMaker's protestations get it locked.

I have a right for my opinion as does everyone else. Nothing I've said is against the forum rules. The Ad Hominem type of comments in this thread has mainly been directed at me, not the other way around. I think that Boomerang would be waste of art rescourses in the current state of AH's planeset. And as said, I have a right for that opinion and I've provided solid arguments supporting my position.

If the plane is so worthless as he suggests - why does he invest so much time opposing it, when he should welcome another easy target for his EZB-239.  Must be the fear that the Boomerang could hang in long enough to torch his pride and joy.  

Performance of the Boomerang has nothing to do with my stance, the rescourses (time) it takes to develope it, does. Ki-43 for example would be so much more useful addition and long overdue.

So considering the above, an idea that someone (me) would be"fearing" a certain plane is quite silly in itself. AH already contains far far more dangerous opponents than Boomerang would ever be and Ki-43 I'd like to see would be especially dangerous opponent for Brewster. So in short, you really don't have a point.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:23:02 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »
I have a right for my opinion as does everyone else. Nothing I've said is against the forum rules. The Ad Hominem type of comments in this thread has mainly been directed at me, not the other way around. I think that Boomerang would be waste of art rescourses in the current state of AH's planeset. And as said, I have a right for that opinion and I've provided solid arguments supporting my position.

Performance of the Boomerang has nothing to do with my stance, the rescourses (time) it takes to develope it, does. Ki-43 for example would be so much more useful addition and long overdue.

So considering the above, an idea that someone (me) would be"fearing" a certain plane is quite silly in itself. AH already contains far far more dangerous opponents than Boomerang would ever be and Ki-43 I'd like to see would be especially dangerous opponent for Brewster. So in short, you really don't have a point.

I agree as well, I would much rather vote on the Ki-43 /Beaufighter then I would a CAC Boomerang, although the Me-410 was already pushed into production, the likely hood of a Beaufighter right now is likely limited, Ki-43 possibly could be thrown into queue sometime in the future.

I'm willing to gamble there is likely a Bomber in the queue coming up, not sure which either, but since the B-29 was unfavorably added I think its time.

To many aircraft that deserve a queue spot before a CAC Boomerang, I'd vote a Beaufighter over it any day. Not because I fear something that doesn't even fly 300 mph, its as Widow says - a waste of resources when its roll is so extremely limited to nothing more then doing circles in ack.

Bring back the Beau and i'd vote on it, far more useful for Aces high :)
JG 52