Author Topic: Windows Seven (Minimize AH)  (Read 731 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Windows Seven (Minimize AH)
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:42:57 AM »
Sometimes when I minimize the game, the desktop briefly shows, then I pop back into the game with no keyboard functionality.  I can still fly, and the stick works fine.  Cannot end flight, etc... if I try to get into task manager it discos the game.  Is there a fix besides not minimizing the game?
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: Windows Seven (Minimize AH)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
Alt-tab repeatedly works for me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »
I'd like to see minimize disabled to keep the honest folks honest.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:41:33 AM »
I'd like to see minimize disabled to keep the honest folks honest.

Eh?  I am talking minimize, so I can browse the web as my bombers climb to altitude, not Alt+F4 which closes the program. 

Anyway, yeah, it is a 50 - 50 thing for me.  I have lost half of my bomber sorties as a result of this, so I just don't do it anymore.  I would like to, so anyone who knows why it does this, please let me know. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:52:35 AM »
Sometimes when I minimize the game, the desktop briefly shows, then I pop back into the game with no keyboard functionality.  I can still fly, and the stick works fine.  Cannot end flight, etc... if I try to get into task manager it discos the game.  Is there a fix besides not minimizing the game?

that's your windows key getting stuck and maximizing ah again but not fully.  it annoys the heck out of me as I must alt tab several times till I find the right one.  not even alt f4 works so if you cant then reset button or power off is the only option.  I play with 2 screens and I use the other monitor as my main, just for this reason.  it's not the game or the os but the keyboard sending extra signals.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:53:58 AM »
i had this issue occur after an ah patch release once. i ended up doing a full uninstall then reinstall to fix the issue, but i suspect that would not fix things for you.

what is your system configuration as far as usb devices plugged in? what anti-xxxx program(s) are you running?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
Eh?  I am talking minimize, so I can browse the web as my bombers climb to altitude, not Alt+F4 which closes the program. 

Anyway, yeah, it is a 50 - 50 thing for me.  I have lost half of my bomber sorties as a result of this, so I just don't do it anymore.  I would like to, so anyone who knows why it does this, please let me know. 

I wasn't pointing the finger of cheat at you but being able to minimize the sim while in flight allows a bad guy to communicate outside the game, open programs that can be used to circumvent anti-cheating measures installed in aces high such as memory editors and programs that manipulate connection for use as warp on demand......etc.

Up until aces high, I had never found a sim that could be minimized while in full screen mode and then brought back up successfully without glitching.

There's a reason these other sims are like this.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
Icepac, to point, at you, politely I might add, Ventrillo, Team Speak, all work within the game as they are running as a layer under aces high and many folks use them.  Also, I would have to say that aside from the you tube videos, I think there is no cheating going on in the game.  Any "convenient warping" is just someone on wireless, and the guys who I even care about, would never consider those things.  Besides, if you run two or even three monitors, you could have every hacking program on earth running if you have AH in single screen. 

Guncrasher, you know it might just be that simple.  I am going to clean my keyboard out and see if that is it.  It never happened with Vista or 2000, that is what brings me to the boards. 

Thanks fellahs.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
I get it sometimes I just click along the bottom of my screen until I find the AH.exe on the taskbar to get things back to normal.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »
Icepac said I cheated on the forums the other day..  dirt this happens to me aswell I think if you alt tab it won't get stuck.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
I wasn't pointing the finger of cheat at you but being able to minimize the sim while in flight allows a bad guy to communicate outside the game, open programs that can be used to circumvent anti-cheating measures installed in aces high such as memory editors and programs that manipulate connection for use as warp on demand......etc.

Up until aces high, I had never found a sim that could be minimized while in full screen mode and then brought back up successfully without glitching.

you are paranoid :rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »

pssst...those things are turned on before the game they are meant for is started up. there are and have been very few games of any type that can't be alt+tabbed to minimize glitch free. the ones that experienced glitches were buggy and a patch update generally fixed the glitches.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »
I didn't realise minimising AH to read netAces.org and Delta Six's Flying school was cheating icepac... I'm so banned  :bhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tphvlM-b9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
Icepac said I cheated on the forums the other day..  dirt this happens to me aswell I think if you alt tab it won't get stuck.

LOL......you continue to jump to conclusions across multiple threads unrelated to the thread where you mistakenly attribute a point of view I never expressed?

You guys fly better when you are away from the keyboard anyway.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:42:53 AM by icepac »

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »
This happens to me too, a lot.

ctrl+alt+del 

Start task manager

Right click on AHII on the Applications tab and select "switch to"