Author Topic: Meat  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Meat
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
To be honest, I thought this thread was related to the 'dining at the Y' thread before clicking  :D

Geez Eskimo... have a little faith man.  I'm not ALWAYS in the gutter.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »
really? are you sure about that? lemme guess, you did your research...like the last subject you blew chunks on. don't be a spongebob victim, get more accurate information. i can always tell when you're just spouting poop, ever ask yourself are insects vegetable or meat?

(Image removed from quote.)

I said mainly vegetables.  According to the Smithsonian website, the earliest hominid Sahelanthropus tchadensis, ate "a mainly plant-based diet. This probably included leaves, fruit, seeds, roots, nuts, and insects."*.  The ancestors of primates were small ground mammals, who ate plants exclusively.

-Penguin

EDIT:

*http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/sahelanthropus-tchadensis
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:02:48 PM by Penguin »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »
Ill stick with eating meat.

Worked with a guy that BBQ'd some coon meat. Never got to try it, sounded pretty good though
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, 12:36:52 AM »
I said mainly vegetables.  According to the Smithsonian website, the earliest hominid Sahelanthropus tchadensis, ate "a mainly plant-based diet. This probably included leaves, fruit, seeds, roots, nuts, and insects."*.  The ancestors of primates were small ground mammals, who ate plants exclusively.

-Penguin

EDIT:

*http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/sahelanthropus-tchadensis
ya know penguin, you make it too easy. are you sure you want to use that evidence to back your theory up?

from your reference about that species of primate, and i quote:
How They Survived:

Unfortunately, most of Sahelanthropus’ teeth are heavily worn, and there have not yet been studies of its tooth wear or tooth isotopes to indicate diet. However, we can infer based on its environment and other early human species that it ate a mainly plant-based diet. This probably included leaves, fruit, seeds, roots, nuts, and insects.
so, based on nothing more than a total of 9 cranial specimens, with no proper studies to even begin to make a sound theory, the guess is that they were primarily vegetarians. maybe their canines and incisors were just meant for defense.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »
Not eating meat because you dont like the taste....improbable.....meat tastes awesome...but justified.

Not eating meat because you don't want to hurt animal.....foolish....the animals are going to be slaughtered anyhow. You are just contributing to the number per month that go to waste and are thrown out by sell by date.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2011, 01:40:59 AM »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »
I'm guessing now's not the best time to tell penguin about the contents of my food pentagon I made up, when I decided that the USDA's food pyramid was BS.   :bolt:

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 02:53:02 AM »
I'm guessing now's not the best time to tell penguin about the contents of my food pentagon I made up, when I decided that the USDA's food pyramid was BS.   :bolt:

you should aspire to a food tetrahedron someday
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
I was setting at a lunch with an associate, little did I know that he was, " one of those people", I ordered a nice juicy steak, he ordered a Nice juicy,,,salad.  I did not even get thru the first bite if my steak when he started in. You will feel better, have more energy, all their usual rants about how much better veggies are for you.  When he took a breath, I waved my big ole Black Angus ribeye in front of him and said, "you eat the same thing my steak did, my steak tastes good, one day we may run out of steaks, you're next".  Needles to say I did not get the contract.

God did not give us bifocal vision, intelligence to create items to hunt with, and a trigger finger so that we could be the bottom of the food chart.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »
I waved my big ole Black Angus ribeye in front of him and said, "you eat the same thing my steak did, my steak tastes good, one day we may run out of steaks, you're next".  Needles to say I did not get the contract.

Soylent green is people!!

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »
ya know penguin, you make it too easy. are you sure you want to use that evidence to back your theory up?

from your reference about that species of primate, and i quote:so, based on nothing more than a total of 9 cranial specimens, with no proper studies to even begin to make a sound theory, the guess is that they were primarily vegetarians. maybe their canines and incisors were just meant for defense.

Perhaps my evidence was weak, but look at the rest of the tree.  Meat eating is positively correlated to time.  Don't get me wrong, though, meat is tasty.  I just wish we didn't have to kill anything for its delicious goodness.

-Penguin

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »
I just wish we didn't have to kill anything for its delicious goodness.

-Penguin
tell me, how many times have you had your man card suspended? death = life cycle. get over it. im not a sadistic animal hater that wants to rampage and kill every cow in sight for my meat, but it has to happen just for life to even exist...

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
Now you're making it too easy.  These animals are slaughterd and butchered in the prime of life, in addition, we're able to synthesize everything that meat provides us with and put it into pills, syrups, or other dietary supplements.  It's not necessary, but it sure is tasty.

-Penguin

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »
Now you're making it too easy.  These animals are slaughterd and butchered in the prime of life, in addition, we're able to synthesize everything that meat provides us with and put it into pills, syrups, or other dietary supplements.  It's not necessary, but it sure is tasty.

-Penguin
you a girl or something? the animals need to be killed so we can live. in the end we die and feed maggots/worms/flies and any other thing that eats dead flesh. get over the fact that animals die, it happens. not like were slaughtering cows and using only their eyes for some odd reason and leaving everything else behind.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
Women have characters that are just as strong as men's.  It's the twenty-first century, and I'm surprised that you haven't realized that.  Wrong.  If their deaths were necessary for any human being to survive vegetarianism and its associated eating habits would be death sentences.

On the point of death being a part of life, I agree.  Human beings usually die at the end of a long and fulfilling life- livestock die at an arbitrary point without any opportunity to enjoy themselves beforehand.  The fact that we feed decomposers is fine, and if those animals got to live out their lives, I'd be fine with maggots eating them, too.

-Penguin

Edited for heartless flaming.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:35:41 PM by Penguin »