Author Topic: WOW nice work with all the new stuff!!! M-26 Please  (Read 662 times)

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
Re: WOW nice work with all the new stuff!!! M-26 Please
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
OH MY GOD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!! NOT THE MEDIUM TANK KV1S GET THE KV2 OR ISU 152!

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 08:55:42 PM »
first thing you missed is the british had combat tanks in operation long before the challenger and cromwell, therefore it was not a "stopgap".
second, the firefly is categorized as a "tank destroyer".
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/ww2-tank-destroyers.asp

third it is not fully a "british variant" as is actually an american built m4a sherman tank with a british modified turret and main gun, part of the u.s. lend/lease program.
original msg.
+1.
From what ive seen typed up, the Firefly was a BRITISH TD,therefore the british have a tank to take the tigerII on.

The russians have the t34/85.

But the American Branch lacks a Heavy tank. Bring in the M26.
when i mentioned the firefly, i said that the brits had their tank to fight the TigerII. and when i said the American branch lacked a heavy tank, i ment that it lacked a tank to take the TigerII on with.which is why the m26 would be nice to have.

This whole time ive been talking about the Firefly being the brits answer to the  Tiger/tiger II, in which the link i posted stated that both the Firefly was a Stopgap during its time, and also during its time it was the only british tank to be able to take on both panthers and tigers, as the link i posted states.

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »
IS-2 and/or SU-100 (we already have the chassis in the game  :rock )
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech