Author Topic: Why do you keep playing Aceshigh?  (Read 5943 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Why do you keep playing Aceshigh?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »
Why do you keep playing Aceshigh?..................... I'm starting to rethink it.

I loved flying with the Aces & 8's. What a great team oriented squad that was. Teamwork, Honor and Respect were our motto and we stuck to it. I really miss hanging out with a bunch of guys who liked working together but most of all got the job done 80% of the time. We stuck to a plan and rarely gave up. Unless a V base, NOE was not normally our style. We challenged ourselves and enjoyed meeting and working with other squads.  :cheers:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »
I am CO of a great squad. I like the MA trash talk. I love killing enemies. But none of these keep me in the game. Not even my squaddies. What keeps me going is events, FSO in particular. If it were not for me being involved authoritatively with FSO I would not be playing AH.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
Why do you keep playing Aceshigh?..................... I'm starting to rethink it.

I loved flying with the Aces & 8's. What a great team oriented squad that was. Teamwork, Honor and Respect were our motto and we stuck to it. I really miss hanging out with a bunch of guys who liked working together but most of all got the job done 80% of the time. We stuck to a plan and rarely gave up. Unless a V base, NOE was not normally our style. We challenged ourselves and enjoyed meeting and working with other squads.  :cheers:

This is the "game" that is missing. Too much emphasis on "capturing the base" and not enough on how its done.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
It's fun.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Adrenaline rush..... :rock

Offline Der Jude

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »
i keep playing because it sucks and because of tator shots. toodles  :neener: :banana:
Game ID: Judisch
Kommando Nowotny - Nowotny Schwarm "White 19"
Til Schweiger Fan Club
ZLA- "Dont Focke Wulf Us!"
Malta Scenario - Comrade Jew

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
I'm clean for over a month now  :old:

I mentioned to a squaddie that I hadn't seen ya around in a while...  Are you in rehab?  Quitting is for quitters.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 01:49:52 AM »
dont know about the game itself.  it's cool and everything, but the reason I stay is the players.  squadies are great, lots of fun.  some other players  are also very cool to fly with or against.  I dont think it's the game itself that makes us stay, it's the players that make it fun.  I mean there's some that arent so cool but most are just a great bunch.  drink a couple of beer, have some great company, that makes me want to stay  :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 02:57:25 AM »
dont know about the game itself.  it's cool and everything, but the reason I stay is the players.  squadies are great, lots of fun.  some other players  are also very cool to fly with or against.  I dont think it's the game itself that makes us stay, it's the players that make it fun.  I mean there's some that arent so cool but most are just a great bunch.  drink a couple of beer, have some great company, that makes me want to stay  :salute.

semp

:aok :aok :aok

he who sheds his blood with me.. shall be my brother...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »
I mentioned to a squaddie that I hadn't seen ya around in a while...  Are you in rehab? 

You are closer to the truth than you may think  :noid

I still have my account open, but I'm very reluctant to return right now. Haven't made my mind (or whatever is left of it) up yet.  :old:

The odd thing is, I had no problems cancelling my account in the past when taking a break. Don't care for the perks and I'm very tight on the money. But this time.... dunno  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 07:40:41 AM »
the buddies

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 07:52:28 AM »
     Habit?  :lol :cheers:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
I keep playing because chicks dig pilots. Case in point, I've been trying to get with this hot girl I met at a sales convention so I told her I'm a pilot. She was impressed and is considering dumping her boyfriend for me. Only problem is she wants me to take her up for a ride. Now what do I do?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:49:34 AM by vafiii »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
I've been trying to get with this hot girl I met at a sales convention so I told her I'm a pilot. She was impressed and is considering dumping her boyfriend for me. Only problem is she wants me to take her up for a ride. Now what do I do?
oh the places my nasty old mind could go with that idea...  :devil
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CDR1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »
I keep playing cause the fundimentals of the game are rock solid, the challenge comes 100% from the other players. The game allows squads to function well, and allows single players to have fun too. Once and a while I feel like playing with a squad and it is only a matter of asking, never been told to F off. Most of all playing here is great value for 15 a month. Oh yea I like like flying for the Knits, cause they put out on the first date!!!