Author Topic: What are we going  (Read 14827 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: What are we going
« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
Kingpin: I agree that a small change could be made to the way direction changing is handled. Basically I could increase the box size with a direction change, and then shrink it back over time if you do not again changed direction. I have been considering implementing this along with a change to the ranging distance. The max range would stay the same, but it would be changed to a domed cylinder instead of a hemisphere.

But also understand that I believe the lethality (I.E. how often the ack hits you) is fairly reasonable at the moment. So if I would implement a change that would by itself decrease its effective lethality, I may also raise  the chances  (shrink the box from where it is now) of being hit if you are not changing directions.

Also the 3 secs has nothing to do with where the ack aims, but simply how often it looks for a different target.

HiTech

This sounds great!  The “over time” box-size decreases were what I was wondering if possible to even implement.

I agree that the lethality in general is not bad now, but reducing it for maneuvering and increasing it for not maneuvering should add some realism.  I am excited to see how this works when it is done.

Since I was so stubborn in suggesting this (and debating with FLS), I feel I should at least offer to help, if needed.  If you’d like someone to be an ack-target and report results (at different speeds, direction change intervals, distances, etc.) please feel free to PM me.  I will be happy to test or assist in any way I can.

Thanks again for the replies and feedback FLS and HiTech!

<S>
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:12:25 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: October 26, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
Kingpin: I agree that a small change could be made to the way direction changing is handled. Basically I could increase the box size with a direction change, and then shrink it back over time if you do not again changed direction. I have been considering implementing this along with a change to the ranging distance. The max range would stay the same, but it would be changed to a domed cylinder instead of a hemisphere.

But also understand that I believe the lethality (I.E. how often the ack hits you) is fairly reasonable at the moment. So if I would implement a change that would by itself decrease its effective lethality, I may also raise  the chances  (shrink the box from where it is now) of being hit if you are not changing directions.

Also the 3 secs has nothing to do with where the ack aims, but simply how often it looks for a different target.

HiTech

awesome! progress!  :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
HiTech, how often does AAA check its aim, and adjust if needed?

IMO, 5-10 second would be a good delay setting. It would allow evasive manuvers to be effective (since ack-bursts are just 'spawned' around you, there is no delay between firing and arival at target), it wouldn't require you to be pulling hard turns in bombers, but it wouldn't let you just alter your course slightly, and continue on your merry way as the ack bursts off to your left.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"