Author Topic: IL-2 was left out.  (Read 7151 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: IL-2 was left out.
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
If it would be a midwar thing, then I say we forget about the 37mm, make an EW IL-2, and forget about hybrid models.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »
If it would be a midwar thing, then I say we forget about the 37mm, make an EW IL-2, and forget about hybrid models.

You could make it a perk for ord ride if that ever happens?
I do see your point though. :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
Just saying, look what happens when we try and make hybrid aircraft that work for multiple time frames.

We end up with an up-armored late model A8, but without the increased engine preformance so we can still have a mid-model's preformance.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline donna43

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2012, 05:43:51 AM »
how many people scrolled through that entire document only to look at the pictures and captions?

:cool:

Read the whole thing. Interesting about the 37 mm cannons.
DrPhloxx

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Offline donna43

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 05:47:37 AM »
The A6M-2 also had mechanical indicators although they dont have them in the game. I have had experience around an original A6M-2 that was at a Transportation museum that I volunteer at. The original sakie engines are almost impossible to find parts for. This had a P&W 1830. Beautiful plane though...  

I'm sure with today's tech and machineing methods you could make the parts like some restorers do.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:00:03 AM by donna43 »
DrPhloxx

Offline donna43

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »
a such important airplane with so many versions could indeed have a couple more versions in AH... :salute

I agree, the JU-87G and a few others have different versions added in here so few Russian though. Alas, there are some in here that will continue to resist. 
DrPhloxx

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »
And I'm saying theres more urgent things than an Il-2 for EW.

Does that mean we should neglect the Russians? No. Does that mean we should put them on top of the priority list, just because they have the 3rd fewest aircraft in the game? No.

Right now, we don't have the maps for an EW East Front scenario really, so we don't run them very often.

We can make a late MW and a LW scenario work, so we do those.

But because we're missing major aircraft  for other fronts of the same time period, where we DO run scenarios and special events, those should take priority.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
I'm sure with today's tech and machineing methods you could make the parts like some restorers do.

I could all be local manufactured, but paying a journeyman machinist's hours for making suitable parts from scratch?  $$$$$ Ouch! No doubt they would be better than the original because of improve metals & refining.  :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2012, 04:49:57 PM »
I could go for a ton of russian planes and variants
Or at least an update of my poor Yak's D:

Though i will say we need some early war german bombers He111 or maybe an update for the Ju88 would be nice ^-^

The Japanese could use more planes but im not a HUGE fan but my opinion is just one of a million which i respect everyone else's (unless your ignorant as heck)

Lets get those early war italian bombers up in here XD
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
IMO for aircraft:

He-111 H6, and H11
Ki-43
Yak-1 and Yak-7B
IAR.80/81
Ju-188 or Do 217