Author Topic: Aces High - Now We Are Free  (Read 791 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Aces High - Now We Are Free
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:20:56 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High - Now We Are Free
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »
Very nice film, Dolby.  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
OK. Im a noob at using the film viewer how do yall get the cameras in static locations.....Im tired of watching all these well done films and looking like a little kid with crayons.... :noid :ahand :devil

nice vid sir as usual. and thanks in advance.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
<S> Vudu. To keep it static the Coords for position at Start and End have to be the same. Grab All usually does the trick, and off you go :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:09:43 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
  :O awesome video   :rock

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:44:28 AM »
TY sir I give that a shot.  :salute
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
I really liked most of your camera angles... its a lot better than what I've figured out how to do and besides being technically good, artistically well done too.  Also you had a nice sync with the music and with that music I think it would be hard to sync to it, so its all the more impressive.

If you want some criticism, I'd have cranked up the video settings before taking the footage, particularly the anti-aliasing, because there was a lot of jaggies in there, most noticeable on the plane's wings when facing towards or away from the camera.  Also there were a few Film Viewer glitches you could have edited out.  Finally I would have added more footage so that it ended closer to the end of the music instead of the long drawn-out credits.

Overall I really liked it and I think you've given me and many others some things to think about before making our videos.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »
I really liked most of your camera angles... its a lot better than what I've figured out how to do and besides being technically good, artistically well done too.  Also you had a nice sync with the music and with that music I think it would be hard to sync to it, so its all the more impressive.

If you want some criticism, I'd have cranked up the video settings before taking the footage, particularly the anti-aliasing, because there was a lot of jaggies in there, most noticeable on the plane's wings when facing towards or away from the camera.  Also there were a few Film Viewer glitches you could have edited out.  Finally I would have added more footage so that it ended closer to the end of the music instead of the long drawn-out credits.

Overall I really liked it and I think you've given me and many others some things to think about before making our videos.

It's fair Critique, so I'm glad of it.  :)
The pixelation of the wings can be directly attributed to the Pan+Zoom done post recording. The more I have to zoom to get the shot I want, the worse it gets.
The Glitches that crept in -  that was laziness on my part. Pure oversight, I probably needed another pot of coffee  ;)
I set the credits to roll how they are because I couldn't seem to find a way of getting 50 seconds of ingame to go with the music. It was too slow. The way I did it was a compromise, and I'm not surprised it got picked out.

:salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho