Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6189 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
Ya me too.  Between Shane's attitude lately and this thing between him and Lori, I suspect that we'll see a major blow out/melt down coming soon between him and Rick.  It wouldn't surprise me if, eventually, Dale ends up being the guy to lay the smack down on Shane.  Maybe, put one in his knee at a critical moment and leave Shane the same way Shane left Otis.  Pure speculation on my part.  I haven't read any of the comics and I'm intentionally avoiding them so as not to spoil anything that may or may not be coming.

Actually, the show has deviated a lot from the comics. 

Shane would have been dead by now if the comics were followed.

Robert Kirkman is OK with this and says that he treats the two as completely separate entities.  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2011, 03:59:58 PM »
Ya me too.  Between Shane's attitude lately and this thing between him and Lori, I suspect that we'll see a major blow out/melt down coming soon between him and Rick.  It wouldn't surprise me if, eventually, Dale ends up being the guy to lay the smack down on Shane.  Maybe, put one in his knee at a critical moment and leave Shane the same way Shane left Otis.  Pure speculation on my part.  I haven't read any of the comics and I'm intentionally avoiding them so as not to spoil anything that may or may not be coming.

I have a feeling Carl is gonna whack Shane......Shane is gonna try to take out Rick and Carl is gonna stop him :headscratch:

I haven't read the comics ether,  but I saw a page someone posted somewhere.....

this is the first TV show in a long time, that has me watching every week. 

but damn those people are dumb...I liked when the old guy at the farm says to Rick...I am surprised you made it this far..... :rofl

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
I have a feeling Carl is gonna whack Shane......Shane is gonna try to take out Rick and Carl is gonna stop him :headscratch:

Ah, now I hadn't considered that.  I could see it going down that road too. 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »

but damn those people are dumb...I liked when the old guy at the farm says to Rick...I am surprised you made it this far..... :rofl

I laughed at that too.  :rofl

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
Past few episodes plus the addition of the hyundai commercials. Has me thinking why isn't the show on the CW with the friendly vampires? :rolleyes:
Do I have a baby, do I not have a baby in a post apocalyptic word?  :bhead Someone take her character back behind the barn for me. Atleast Hell on wheels is looking good.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »
I always wondered how movies like Con Air, The Day After Tomorrow, Face/Off, and all the other super explosion movies with hunky guys and explosions made so much money.  I thought, no way do the American people actually find entertainment from crap like this.  I thought, don't people just want to to sit back and relax, be told a good story with good characters and the occasional action to keep the story moving along?  Certainly they wouldn't actually crave those over done Hollywood super action movies, it must just be a disconnect between Hollywood and the American public.

But after reading the complaints in this thread, "it moves too slow," "it's boring and there isn't enough guns," proves to me I guess I was wrong.

So, now that I have come to this conclusion, I am now going to gather a bunch of big musclely men and film them walking slow motion in front of super big gasoline explosions while unloading infinite magazines of ammunition into their foes.  I'll be a freaking billionaire  :aok

IVN's comment however, I completely understand coming from him  :D
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
So, now that I have come to this conclusion, I am now going to gather a bunch of big musclely men and film them walking slow motion in front of super big gasoline explosions while unloading infinite magazines of ammunition into their foes.  I'll be a freaking billionaire  :aok
I believe Michael Bay has a pattent on this. You may have to add giant robots. Oh, wait.  :bhead

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »
I have been watching this show too from the beginning.

I agree with most posts in here about the writers being total idiots.

I thought it would be about surviving an apocalyptic world. It could be a zombies, a virus, an asteroid...etc...the premise started off great.

But some of the characters are total wussies. I cant stand Ricks wife...what a weak character....by god I know my wife wouldn't be crying about we should all die cause its not worth living....crap like that.

Right now its nothing more than a soap Oprah with randomly injected zombies.

Reallly....in the drug store a zombie just pops out...and Shane and the chick go to the neighborhood and suddenly an army of zombies show up.

The writers are going to ruin a good premise about survival by cowering to the drama queens who want "substance"...

I'm interested is seeing a story line of HOW the survive not about weaklings who cant handle it.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
I was very disappointed in that 90 minute start up. I could see the idea of hiding but then again in the first season they made a big deal about the zombies being able to SMELL live people and hunt that way. Kind of inconsistent. The whole work up to the traffic blocked road was rather more than predictable. The only question was going to be how long before they got ambushed or discovered. In my opinion rather sooner than later with the rednecks stupid open pipe motorcycle. If zombies are attracted to loud sound, why would you drive an open pipe bike WITH APEHANGERS?!?!?!  :rolleyes:

The little girl running away, c'mon that was over done. She ran, they find her and get moving on the rest of the story. Don't drag that out to an hour and not come up with her. If they could "track her" at the beginning of the trail it should have gotten easier if she were panicked and running. :huh

That last scene with the deer. Bovine excrement. If you need a sub plot for getting the kid shot fine but save the dances with wolves panoramic crap for soap operas. The idea of a kid walking up to a deer in woods populated by walkers is absurd. :mad:

The subplot with the wife and her now ex boyfriend, sheesh. How much "days of our lives" can they think of to put in the show?  :headscratch: It's about survival in a world of zombies not a soap opera!!  :bhead

I know there was a bit deal made about the publicist getting canned. Frankly I think they should have canned some of the script writers instead.

Right on brother...I totally agree :aok

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »
You really have put alot of thought into this sir  :lol

Real zombies wouldn't move that fast or hunt in packs you know  :rolleyes: . Spears would be adequate tools.

Watch a few episodes. Your post I quoted indicates you have not seen it. Had you seen the show you would not make a statement like that since the show has had multiple scenes contradicting it.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
Guys I think it's obvious what's needed:

A tv series about a (insert either gender) detective, lawyer or doctor who doesn't play by the rules...
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
I have been watching this show too from the beginning.

I agree with most posts in here about the writers being total idiots.

I thought it would be about surviving an apocalyptic world. It could be a zombies, a virus, an asteroid...etc...the premise started off great.

But some of the characters are total wussies. I cant stand Ricks wife...what a weak character....by god I know my wife wouldn't be crying about we should all die cause its not worth living....crap like that.

Right now its nothing more than a soap Oprah with randomly injected zombies.

Reallly....in the drug store a zombie just pops out...and Shane and the chick go to the neighborhood and suddenly an army of zombies show up.

The writers are going to ruin a good premise about survival by cowering to the drama queens who want "substance"...

I'm interested is seeing a story line of HOW the survive not about weaklings who cant handle it.

they definitely would not act like that in that type of world....gee do I let him shoot a gun or not.....DOH :rofl

imagine the ride one could make :O

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
Watch a few episodes. Your post I quoted indicates you have not seen it. Had you seen the show you would not make a statement like that since the show has had multiple scenes contradicting it.

I have seen every episode  :cheers:
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
But you also have to let them close.

With a gun you have to let them get close too. or be a damn good shot while under pressure. I'd be willing to bet that 85% of the people here could'nt get a good kill headshot on someone from even 10 feet away at a target standing still let alone while under the pressure of the circumstances of the entire world being turned upside down and the pressure of several of them all coming to try to eat you.

That part where the blond at first couldnt hit the moving target. Then again couldnt hit the walkers until she had that "get it " moment was IMO pretty accurate as to how most people would do who arent specifically trained to kill. And most people arent. And those that are are typically trained to aim at center mass. the which is the center of about a 2 Ft wide target and not the center of an area thats only about 9 inches wide and about 4-5 inches high. or about the size of a coke can laying sideways.  Remember. Its not just a head shot but it has to hit the brain

We Even those with guns all like to think we would be the brave cool calm and collective in a warlike or emergency situation where we might actually have to use a weapon and not just point it or show it.
Actually having to do it while under pressure is an entire different ballgame.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2011, 06:27:55 PM »

Do I have a baby, do I not have a baby in a post apocalyptic word?  :bhead Someone take her character back behind the barn for me. Atleast Hell on wheels is looking good.

Entirely understandable conflict given the circumstances. Forget whatever beleif system you may have in place. All that goes out the window.

On one hand every instinct would be to reproduce. Continuation of the species and all that.
On the other hand a baby at this point would be a severe burden and hadicap to yourself and the group. when you need to be quiet cause walkers are nearby. As any parent can tell you. You cant just tell a baby to STFU and expect it to listen. Secondly. Would you really want to raise a child in that kind of world?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty