Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6188 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
I believe that I will start construction on a moat this coming weekend  :aok

Nah, don't need a moat.  They have already demonstrated that zombies can't climb.  I think a nice wall would be effective enough.

I suspect that Hershel is going to go the rest of the way around the bend now.  I don't know how it will happen, but I expect Hershel to do something really really crazy now and end up as zombie food or perhaps show up as a walker himself.  But it will be something that renders the farm too dangerous to stay there.

I also expect Maggie and maybe the young guy to join the group.  Maybe even Otis' wife will join the group, which will add fuel for conflict when what Shane did to Otis comes more into the light.

I figure they will keep several of the new characters in the story for awhile, simply so they have plenty of people to get eaten during future zombie attacks.

Also, from a production stand point, keeping a steady flow of new characters that they can build up if they want to will help to keep the actors in check when contracts are negotiated.  The Walking Dead comic books are known for the authors willingness to kill off pretty much any character.  The show producers just need to keep that alive so the actors don't get comfortable enough to start asking for huge amounts of money.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:17:58 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »
Here is a spoiler.

No new episodes until February  :cry

Here is a little light on the spoiler. Absent any network shake ups on the line ups, expect the new episode to be on Feb 16. That little tid bit was brought out on the talk show Talking Dead. Nice to see some of the folks responsible for the show there explaining where the scenes came from and some "back story".
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:32 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I am personally dissapointed with this season so far. Sure, Andrea was a naughty girl as well as Maggie, but it needs more gore in it. The 'mid-season' thing was little silly. As for the espiodes itself (last night one). I almost end up turning it off but I am glad I didn't because of the end. I had feeling that Sophia was either dead, or one of the walking dead in the barn. Hershel is probably going to end up, as someone else pointed out, either as a walker himself or just do something off the wall, or both. Something probably horrible is going to happen to Shane. My personal opinion that either Lori or Rick will have to end up putting him down for good.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »
In case anyone hasnt seen them yet. here is a link for the 6 part webisodes that tells what it was like when it first started and how the half lady in the first episode of season 1 became the half lady

Though to watch them in order of proper timeline watch in this order

http://www.tv.com/news/watch-six-surprisingly-decent-the-walking-dead-webisodes-video-26845/
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
I think Herschel may have "seen the light" so to speak, between the conversation with his daughter and Shane's demonstration, he may have had a change of heart.  I think the only reason behind the "no guns" rule was to prevent what just happened with the barn.  I think he may have realized when Shane shot the one he was holding a few times in the chest and it just kept coming.  Either he did have a change of heart, or he is just going to get worse, I'm hoping for the former.

I see a major potential problem.  What if Herschel knew the little girl was in the barn, and didn't say anything? 

I am glad someone finally had the balls to put an end to the whole "Zombie zoo" thing though.  GO SHANE!! 

dont think so. If you watched "Talking Dead" after the second running of the show they show a preview of Herschal telling them all to leave
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
The "zoo" was a little above and beyond being compassionate and more that a bit creepy.

It was only a matter of time before someone took care of it.  :rock

The whole getting stuck in a swamp concept has inspired me, though.  I believe that I will start construction on a moat this coming weekend  :aok

Hard to say when you see its your family and friends. Rational doesnt always have a role.
You may know in your heart they are dead. but you see your wife, your kids up and moving around...Hard to say what emotions may take place.
Remember the black guy from season 1 who couldnt bring himself to shoot his wife even though he knew he should.

Hard to say what you would do when its your own family.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
  Shane is the only character that makes any sense. Me my wife were cheering when he did what he did at the barn. When the girl walked out we were both shocked. So much was happening at that moment it was a total surprise. Very well done. Even after all these episodes of saying to myself "Shes probably dead move on!" it was sad to see.

~AoM~

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I am personally dissapointed with this season so far. Sure, Andrea was a naughty girl as well as Maggie, but it needs more gore in it. The 'mid-season' thing was little silly. As for the espiodes itself (last night one). I almost end up turning it off but I am glad I didn't because of the end. I had feeling that Sophia was either dead, or one of the walking dead in the barn. Hershel is probably going to end up, as someone else pointed out, either as a walker himself or just do something off the wall, or both. Something probably horrible is going to happen to Shane. My personal opinion that either Lori or Rick will have to end up putting him down for good.

Herschal will either off himself out of greif. Or Shane is gonna kill him.
Shane at some point either has to die or be told to leave the group. He's just become too unstable.
The baby (now unborn) Im betting becomes an h'orderve at some point.

At some point they really need to find a better way to kill walkers. That ammo is only gonna last so long. and at some point they are going to come across other survivors who are more concerned with self preservation then they are with social networking. and wont hesitate to kill other survivors for what they need.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Herschal will either off himself out of greif. Or Shane is gonna kill him.
Shane at some point either has to die or be told to leave the group. He's just become too unstable.
The baby (now unborn) Im betting becomes an h'orderve at some point.

At some point they really need to find a better way to kill walkers. That ammo is only gonna last so long. and at some point they are going to come across other survivors who are more concerned with self preservation then they are with social networking. and wont hesitate to kill other survivors for what they need.

IIRC, Shane was killed off fairly early in the comics.  Perhaps by the second or third issue, even.  I has been a while and although I enjoy the show, digging through my boxes of comics in the basement is not on the top of my list of priorities right now...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
That last episode, (especially the last 10-15 mins) was some of the best television I've seen in a long time.

The way the screenwriters built up to showing us who was the last walker coming out of the barn was great.

It almost made up for the immense suckage of the previous episodes.

Almost.
See Rule #4

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
dont think so. If you watched "Talking Dead" after the second running of the show they show a preview of Herschal telling them all to leave

What I meant by "Change of heart" and "saw the light" was concerning the treatment of the walkers only.  Hes been telling them to move on since they got there and IMO is a smart call on his part.  It sucks for the group, but in his situation, you cant be giving out handouts.  He has his people to take care of, as does Rick, but theres only so much food and other basic essentials.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »
What I meant by "Change of heart" and "saw the light" was concerning the treatment of the walkers only.  Hes been telling them to move on since they got there and IMO is a smart call on his part.  It sucks for the group, but in his situation, you cant be giving out handouts.  He has his people to take care of, as does Rick, but theres only so much food and other basic essentials.

They are on a farm. They can grow enough food
Seemed to be feeding all those walkers just fine. The group would simlpy be trading one set of hungry mouths for another. Only this group can work to make the farm more productive.
then again. Maybe Herschel was thinking of strapping a team of them to a plow to help tend the fields when the gas ran out.
Might not be a bad idea. Taking lemons and making lemon aid so's to speak. Free but dangerous slave labor lol

Personally in light of that I'd want them to stay because they are a friendly alliance. Trained gunmen with the ability to train the rest of the group can certainly go a long way to keeping the area secure from walkers and evil doers
And god only knows what the next round of visitors may bring. As I mentioned before. At some point they are going to run into other survivors who may not be as interested in making nice nice as they are about self preservation and what they can get for themselves. One roving gang of those and Herschel and his small group would be easily overwhelmed.

Safety in numbers in this case.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2011, 09:56:40 AM »

They are on a farm. They can grow enough food
Seemed to be feeding all those walkers just fine. The group would simlpy be trading one set of hungry mouths for another. Only this group can work to make the farm more productive.
then again. Maybe Herschel was thinking of strapping a team of them to a plow to help tend the fields when the gas ran out.
Might not be a bad idea. Taking lemons and making lemon aid so's to speak. Free but dangerous slave labor lol

Personally in light of that I'd want them to stay because they are a friendly alliance. Trained gunmen with the ability to train the rest of the group can certainly go a long way to keeping the area secure from walkers and evil doers
And god only knows what the next round of visitors may bring. As I mentioned before. At some point they are going to run into other survivors who may not be as interested in making nice nice as they are about self preservation and what they can get for themselves. One roving gang of those and Herschel and his small group would be easily overwhelmed.

Safety in numbers in this case.

Very interesting idea, indeed...   :aok      :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
Stole a line from the show.
I now call my daughter "Walker bait" LMAO
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline branch37