Author Topic: new sound system.  (Read 923 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: new sound system.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:19 AM »
im betting that he has never been in a tank while it was running and is just assuming that the WOT sounds are actual tank sounds when they are somehow all alike.
You mean like how you assumed 105mm HE rounds did no damage against high Tier tanks in WoT?

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
You mean like how you assumed 105mm HE rounds did no damage against high Tier tanks in WoT?
never said they didnt. you said you were killing IS-3's from 500m+ with a few shots with it.

[/hijack]

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 03:16:14 PM »
well then, let me know when someone gets a sound capture of an actual db605 blowing up.

throttle dictates the sound of engine rpm inside the cockpit/vehicle. trying to transition properly from one sound to another the way the op is wanting would take some synchronization that isn't necessary right now. if the external sounds were fixed to coincide with throttle movement the same way, there wouldn't be any issues.

i have to wonder when was the last time the op was inside an actual ww2 tank while it was running and moving to say the current sounds are "strange".
well then how do we get ki67 or KI84 sounds then????? same thing
im betting that he has never been in a tank while it was running and is just assuming that the WOT sounds are actual tank sounds when they are somehow all alike.
dont even have WOT
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »
well then how do we get ki67 or KI84 sounds then?????

whats so special about the KI-61/84?

IIRC, the engine sounds have 4 different stages, thats why you hear different engine noises such as it getting softer/louder.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
well then how do we get ki67 or KI84 sounds then?????
typical squeaker response - "oh yeah? well...".

someone extrapolated what they believe to be a reasonable facsimile of the sound the real life engines make based on what they have heard in real life.

i've got a high quality recording of a 109g6 from inside the cockpit, start up to landing, it would disappoint you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

someone extrapolated what they believe to be a reasonable facsimile of the sound the real life engines make based on what they have heard in real life.

i've got a high quality recording of a 109g6 from inside the cockpit, start up to landing, it would disappoint you.
yes now this can be done with blown engine sounds

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »
yes now this can be done with blown engine sounds
:lol  it can? then why are you wishing for it...  :headscratch:
jarhed  

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 12:02:03 AM »
you didnt get it did you? :lol

YOU didn't get the header comment.

YOU don't have any room to talk, sonny boy.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
:lol  it can? then why are you wishing for it...  :headscratch:
because there is no *blown engine * sound file that works in game so im wishing for that and mabey a idle sound for AC so you can hear that PW 2800 purrrr

no sir it would not why? well ive herd a incockpit sound too of a DB605  and took a ride in a mustang once, i know what  in cockpit sounds are like. am i trying to downplay the fact that you know more than me? no. but im just saying i do know some things lol  :salute
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:12:01 PM by olds442 »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
because there is no *blown engine * sound file that works in game so im wishing for that and mabey a idle sound for AC so you can hear that PW 2800 purrrr

no sir it would not why? well ive herd a incockpit sound too of a DB605  and took a ride in a mustang once, i know what  in cockpit sounds are like. am i trying to downplay the fact that you know more than me? no. but im just saying i do know some things lol  :salute
there is an idle sound...

and got proof of that ride in a mustang? id also like to see the BAR you said you shot and somehow it broke when i asked for pics.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

and got proof of that ride in a mustang? id also like to see the BAR you said you shot and somehow it broke when i asked for pics.
It would be nice to have a forum where you can talk about the things youve done in life and NOT have to show proof of everything you say to some naggy 12 year old.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
It would be nice to have a forum where you can talk about the things youve done in life and NOT have to show proof of everything you say to some naggy 12 year old.
it would be nice to have a forum where you can talk about the matter on hand and not have it hijacked by you.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

it would be nice to have a forum where you can talk about the matter on hand and not have it hijacked by you.

Here we go again....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »

LOL there is idle sound i guess but its not correct. u are trying to be the best why, calm down man its just a fourm! i forgot you even wanted those pics but if you do wait about a week and ill post. for real man its just a BBS no need to flaim at ever post i make.....

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 10:58:07 AM »
olds, are you talking about the external sounds or the internal sounds? i agree the external sounds aren't correct, but i also believe you're not actually aware of what a tank engine actually sounds like in idle (tiger is totally different from a t-34) from the inside or the outside. adding separate sounds the way you're suggesting will do nothing more than complicate things, especially in transitions from idle to full throttle.

pay attention to the existing transition from startup to idle, you will notice there is an overlap that would not be there in reality. that's what would happen if you added an idle sound.
jarhed