Author Topic: Question for HTC: New Fighter Poll  (Read 9224 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question for HTC: New Fighter Poll
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »
My guess is many had never heard of it before this poll.

That's my thinking as well.  I thought its combo of attributes would make it a contender for people who like the MA.

I wonder what it would have been like if the ingame poll window had looked something in the general direction of this:

X Me410: Engines: 2 Top speed: 388mph Armament:2x7.92, 2x20mm,2x13mm, up to 1000kg bombs, Maneuverability: Slightly better than Me110
X Ki43: Engines: 1 Top speed: 329mph Armament 2x12.7mm Maneuverability: Godlike.
X J2M3: Engines: 1 Top speed: 382mph Armament: 4x20mm Maneuverability: Somewhat like Ki-84
etc.

That way people wouldn't be voting completely blind on the stuff they've never heard of, but they don't have to, y'know... read and go to wikipedia to find out about them.

I wonder if it would've changed the outcome.  Wish this had occurred to me when they put up the first forum poll.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
I have no doubt the J2M would have received more votes if more were informed about it.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
Beaufighter didn't get in which to shuffler was the only choice. No amount of argument is going to change his mind.

410 or Yak-3 are perfectly good choices. We could even use them in events.

I want to vote yak-3 but I don't hold out hope its going to win. So its 410.

Your opinion... go with it. Not going to try to explain to you as you'd not understand.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »
No, that is why I voted for the Me410.

Now answer the question.  You, and others, seem to feel the need to lie or distort the Meteor's record in order to invalidate it.  You can argue against its validity perfectly well while being honest about it.

If you want to rewrite history of the meteor go ahead.

I have seen no one lie. Facts are facts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:21 AM »
Beaufighter didn't get in which to shuffler was the only choice. No amount of argument is going to change his mind.

410 or Yak-3 are perfectly good choices. We could even use them in events.

I want to vote yak-3 but I don't hold out hope its going to win. So its 410.

this - although I feel strongly that the ki-43 would have been better, and then the Yak-3.  But the overall logic is sound.  especially the last bit.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:26:22 AM by Ruah »

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
The Beau was not the only plane worth voting in, in Shuff's mind.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
If you want to rewrite history of the meteor go ahead.

I have seen no one lie. Facts are facts.

Its a "fact" that the Meteor didn't see combat?  Its a "fact" that it was less significant the Ta152?

Those don't look like facts to me.  They look like opinions.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:07 PM »
Its a "fact" that it was less significant the Ta152?

The inclusion of the Ta152 in AH really is something of an aberration.  Back in the 1970s there was a whole crowd of people saying, essentially, "Wow, that Kurt Tank was a genius!  If he'd had his way the Ta152 would have won the war!"  I understand why it's here, but really, it isn't representative of the overall plane set and it ought not to be used as a minimum standard like you're doing here.

- oldman (I mean, if it was, then the P80 squadron in Italy would probably qualify for inclusion in the game)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »

The inclusion of the Ta152 in AH really is something of an aberration.  Back in the 1970s there was a whole crowd of people saying, essentially, "Wow, that Kurt Tank was a genius!  If he'd had his way the Ta152 would have won the war!"  I understand why it's here, but really, it isn't representative of the overall plane set and it ought not to be used as a minimum standard like you're doing here.

- oldman (I mean, if it was, then the P80 squadron in Italy would probably qualify for inclusion in the game)
I agree that the Ta152 is an aberration.  It is the current bar that a potential add has to match or exceed.  To my mind, the Meteor III's 19 V1 kills and 46 aircraft destroyed on the ground exceed that mark.

The Two YP-80s in Italy do not exceed that mark as unlike the Ta152 the YP-80 was not 1) in series production 2) in use at a squadron level and 3) did not see combat.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
And just what kind of cheese do you want with this Whiny post?   :huh
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »
I don't see the Westland Whirlwind in that list, WTF?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #281 on: October 25, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
I agree that the Ta152 is an aberration.  It is the current bar that a potential add has to match or exceed.  To my mind, the Meteor III's 19 V1 kills and 46 aircraft destroyed on the ground exceed that mark.

The Two YP-80s in Italy do not exceed that mark as unlike the Ta152 the YP-80 was not 1) in series production 2) in use at a squadron level and 3) did not see combat.

My point was:  We don't need two aberrations.  One is just fine.  Otherwise we start having to decide how many times the plane took off, whether its pilot flew over enemy lines, saw people fighting on the ground, whatever.

For that matter, was Ta152 ever in series production and in use at squadron level? 

- oldman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #282 on: October 25, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »

My point was:  We don't need two aberrations.  One is just fine.  Otherwise we start having to decide how many times the plane took off, whether its pilot flew over enemy lines, saw people fighting on the ground, whatever.
I voted for the Me410 for a reason.  :P  For my part I don't really see the Meteor III as any more of an aberration than the Me163, Ta152 or perhaps the Ar234 and three gun La-7.  We certainly don't need it and it doesn't fill any holes, but it does fit in with the established group of almost never used superplanes.  By including it in the poll HTC has made their position on it pretty clear.

For that matter, was Ta152 ever in series production and in use at squadron level? 

- oldman
Series production, yes, for sure.  Squadron service?  I've seen claims both ways for that.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »
And just what kind of cheese do you want with this Whiny post?   :huh

Brie of course  :lol
Who is John Galt?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »
99% of the votes were cast in the main arena which means the late war speedsters with heavy armament will be voted in.