Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 04:08:06 AM »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »
So I will be able to use my CH gear with BF3? I only tried the beta once and it didn't work. I'd love to play this, but I'm sick of console ports.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »
BF3 was focused on PC, not consoles, unlike most games these days. I can use my joystick with it in BFBC2, so I bet it would work in BF3. If it can have a function mapped to it, it can be used.

I even heard guys that used their steering wheels from racing games to control the vehicles in BC2.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
I'm bummed I need Vista or Windows 7 to play.  If I'm going to upgrade to Windows 7, I'd like to go to the 64 bit version.  But as we know the 64-bit version doesn't work with Aces High.

Hmm... Interesting I have never had a single problem with Ases High and I have Windows 7 64bit.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »
But as we know the 64-bit version doesn't work with Aces High.

So if I can find one user that had a problem with AH2 and XP you think AH2 won't work with XP either? No dude, I have played AH2 on Windows7 x64 for years without a single problem.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
So if I can find one user that had a problem with AH2 and XP you think AH2 won't work with XP either? No dude, I have played AH2 on Windows7 x64 for years without a single problem.

That was just one thread and one user of many.  The disturbing part, if you read the one thread I linked, is where the HTC team admits there are problems with Win-7 64bit that are fundamental to the OS, that they cannot work around.  If you're afflicted by them, its pretty much "sorry about your luck, its Microsoft's fault, nothing we can do." 

From the responses in this thread however, it seems many of you aren't affected by it.  So maybe I'll take the risk.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
Its preordered but my video card wont run it...  :cry :cry :cry

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
That was just one thread and one user of many.  The disturbing part, if you read the one thread I linked, is where the HTC team admits there are problems with Win-7 64bit that are fundamental to the OS, that they cannot work around.  If you're afflicted by them, its pretty much "sorry about your luck, its Microsoft's fault, nothing we can do." 

From the responses in this thread however, it seems many of you aren't affected by it.  So maybe I'll take the risk.

Its the usb headsets that get the game to disco with a 64bit setup of win7 from what I understand. I switched to a non-usb headset and rarely disco now. The usb headsets have a sound card of their own and win7 cant keep up with 2 sound cards so it gets a brain freeze and off to the desktop you go.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

Then cancel the order?  :headscratch:

Unless you're looking to upgrade of course. Although if you want to run the game smoothly at ultra, you're going to need a lot of juice. Of course, this is based of beta, so they might have optimized the game to run better.
What card do you have? I have a pretty low-tange card, a Radeon 5570 that ran BF3 smoothly on medium/mixed high settings.
If you have a really weak PSU, 300W and under, this is the card to go. It's fantastic on my 220W Dell. Runs great for the games I play.

semp

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
what kinda card you got?
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
<---- is going to the midnight release!!!  :banana:

Mainly because I'm up that late anyway and I got nothing else to do.    :lol
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 07:03:52 PM »
Don't get trampled :lol

And remember, if you're in the east coast, the game servers don't open up until 3AM because it's based off PST.

semp

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »
 :cry

Guess I'll go through the campaign for a few hours. Hehe
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:24:20 PM by AceHavok »
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »
I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you can't go on the campaign either. The game launches from your web browser, and that website probably won't be up until 3AM EST.

If it thats true, then go to sleep you bum :D
If it's not true, I'll race ya to beat the campaign in 3 hours.  :devil

semp

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »
in 3 weeks oll have new insides. provably gdtting oc version. test my new goodies. i7-970 and an evga gtx460. omce i get internet...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb