Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
If anyone would like to get down on .gov anytime just shoot me a friend invite on origin or pm me here.
My handle is: ulmusrubra
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Something weird is going on, when I go to campaign mode the intro screens stutter through and the sound loops back, and my motherboard horn goes off after a while in the main menu, like my cpu is overheating, but my cpu is above spec, it's a Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 & 2.13GHz. According to EVGA Precision my graphics card is hardly even being used, and I just updated my graphics and sound drivers. I do have a sound card.

Help?

Yea, that happened to me too, I messed around with the audio settings and turning off the second option (sound ambient? Something like that), fixed it for me. I'm running a Core 2 Duo at 2.9GHz and a Radeon 5570 with 4GB of RAM on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit. Runs smoothly at the preset High settings and 1360x768 Resolution. Only chokes during lots of smoke.

Expect lots of patches/updated drivers to be released in the next couple of weeks.
I also get TONS of lag on 64 player maps, but not on 32. Which I don't mind. I bet they'll fix it sooner or later. And it's not just me either, a couple of other guys were complaining about it too.

But all in all, one word describes BF3..... SEXY

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Something weird is going on, when I go to campaign mode the intro screens stutter through and the sound loops back, and my motherboard horn goes off after a while in the main menu, like my cpu is overheating, but my cpu is above spec, it's a Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 & 2.13GHz. According to EVGA Precision my graphics card is hardly even being used, and I just updated my graphics and sound drivers. I do have a sound card.

Help?
Same deal. Game's fine. Cinematics crawl thru stutters.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
do they still have hardcore mode?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
For me it's taking forever just to download the game from Origin. says 10 hours +.  :furious
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
Yes hardcore still in.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
For me it's taking forever just to download the game from Origin. says 10 hours +.  :furious

Probably because their servers are flooded with traffic. I downloaded my digital pre order 3 days before release, took about 1 hour at 1.1MB/s.
I'm having loads of fun. People say the campaign was generic and dull, I think it's amazing, no where near CoD4 campaign, but enough to make me go wow. The graphics are amazing!

semp

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
Probably because their servers are flooded with traffic. I downloaded my digital pre order 3 days before release, took about 1 hour at 1.1MB/s.
I'm having loads of fun. People say the campaign was generic and dull, I think it's amazing, no where near CoD4 campaign, but enough to make me go wow. The graphics are amazing!

The campaign resembles Black Ops too much in the story line so far, but yes the graphics are amazing.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »
Xbox 360 servers have gone down twice already.

smh

:noid
Strokes

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
Xbox 360 servers have gone down twice already.

smh

:noid

Is that the problem?  I was hoping it wasnt just me.  :noid

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
PC > Consoles.

Not sure if I'm wrong here or not, but isn't Xbox's servers Microsoft's problem, not DICE or EA?
I don't wanna sound like a Battlefield fanboy, but I've been seeing too many folks complaining about things that's not really DICE/EA fault.

semp

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
PC > Consoles.

Not sure if I'm wrong here or not, but isn't Xbox's servers Microsoft's problem, not DICE or EA?
I don't wanna sound like a Battlefield fanboy, but I've been seeing too many folks complaining about things that's not really DICE/EA fault.

I honestly have no idea, but I agree that PC is generally better than consoles, my PC just cant run many of the new games.  And plus I keep up with friends from high school on XBOX live.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
They are EA servers for xbox
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
Probably because their servers are flooded with traffic.
You would have thought that with EA forcing origin on everyone they would have foreseen that this would be a problem but surprise surprise they didn't.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
PS3 servers aren't experiencing any major downfalls from what ive read so far.