Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Dundas

• Zinc Member
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »
My handle is Warbow1 if anyone wants to add me to play with!
S/L Dundas
609 Squadron RAF "West Riding"
www.609RAF.com

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2011, 03:38:38 AM »
Yea, that happened to me too, I messed around with the audio settings and turning off the second option (sound ambient? Something like that), fixed it for me. I'm running a Core 2 Duo at 2.9GHz and a Radeon 5570 with 4GB of RAM on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit. Runs smoothly at the preset High settings and 1360x768 Resolution. Only chokes during lots of smoke.

Expect lots of patches/updated drivers to be released in the next couple of weeks.
I also get TONS of lag on 64 player maps, but not on 32. Which I don't mind. I bet they'll fix it sooner or later. And it's not just me either, a couple of other guys were complaining about it too.

But all in all, one word describes BF3..... SEXY

Turned Enhanced Stereo Mode off, helped a bit I think, but the game is still running like crap on minimum settings. I'm sure it has to do with the game's sound.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Dundas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »
I have a platoon created called goesboom that my fried and I as well as Husky are in. I would be happy to open it up as a gathering place for AH players to meet up an play in. Add me and I will invite any of you.
S/L Dundas
609 Squadron RAF "West Riding"
www.609RAF.com

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
Do i have to reach a certain level before I can play hardcore?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
I apologize for continuing to slightly hijack the thread, but could anyone tell me if installing BF3 in the 64 bit Program Files instead of the 86 folder on Win7 64 bit would cause problems? I thought BF3 was going to have a 64 bit version?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Do i have to reach a certain level before I can play hardcore?

Nope, if you're on PC, there's checkbox in the server browser you can turn on or off for HC mode only. I don't know about consoles though.

I apologize for continuing to slightly hijack the thread, but could anyone tell me if installing BF3 in the 64 bit Program Files instead of the 86 folder on Win7 64 bit would cause problems? I thought BF3 was going to have a 64 bit version?

It should install into whatever folder your Origin is located. No need to change any settings during install, just press install, next, accept, and you're good to go.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
TAEKWONDIABETES on XBL if anyone wants to add me
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
Well that wasn't it anyway, just spent two hours getting the stupid thing to reinstall, still runs like crap. EA better fix this or I'm going to be mad, there's nothing wrong with my system.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »
Well that wasn't it anyway, just spent two hours getting the stupid thing to reinstall, still runs like crap. EA better fix this or I'm going to be mad, there's nothing wrong with my system.

what graphics card do you have?
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »

Did you try changing the audio settings? Going from War Tapes to Hi-Fi reduced quite a lot of stuttering for me. And the difference isn't that great, some even prefer the non-echoing sounds on Hi-Fi. I don't mind at all.

I also heard people having luck when changing the sound quality from their playback devices settings. And make sure you have the latest drivers.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »
Anyone know how to make the BF3 Origin download any faster?
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »
Anyone know how to make the BF3 Origin download any faster?
talk sweet to it :lol
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
From the whispers I'm hearing from the net you can't AceHavok.  You are looking at the bright future of EA games.  They said it would be comparable to Steam from the complaints I have seen about the crap DL speeds I would say it isn't.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »
NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX+, never failed me with Crysis, and the graphics in BF3 don't even look like a challenge (minimum settings). The game craps out when there's a lot of sound mostly, turning my view makes it worse. At one point there was so much sound going on that apparently the sound system crashed for a moment and everything went silent, and the game seemed to start running better, I think.

I've tried Hi-Fi, Headphones and Home Cinema audio settings, they all do the same thing.

I just updated everything after the game released.

I'll keep trying stuff, maybe I'm using too much RAM already, maybe BF3 hates me, maybe I need my money back. Who knows, I just don't need so much hassle at the moment.

Edit: Now I think it's a CPU problem. When I stand still everything is fine, GPU is used at about 80%, sounds don't stutter when I empty a clip. But when I turn round everything screws up, my GPU drops to 16% utilization and the temperature drops like a rock. Maybe it's the GPU screwing up when I turn and the CPU has to take over. I'm just rambling now, I don't know enough about this garbage to figure it out.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:02:45 AM by Mar »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2011, 04:54:18 AM »
More RAM, more cores.   That's if all your drivers and hardware really are not the culprits.  The game exploits up to 16 cores.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you