Author Topic: Setting control surface range of movement  (Read 1187 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Setting control surface range of movement
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
The rudder is interesting in AH because it moves slower than you can move the pedals. In a sense it's dampened already.  You can quickly kick full rudder and release your pedals before the rudder moves more than halfway.  It's useful to watch the rudder as you deflect it and get used to moving your pedals to match the rudder movement. This gives you a better sense of the rudder position and makes you more likely to get full deflection when kicking full rudder.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
Well, one of the reason I use dampening on the rudder is to keep small movements of my feet from creating rudder input.  If I wiggle my feet on the pedals, they used to create some input that I didn't want.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »
I think it's better to use deadband for that Stoney. That way you get 0 output instead of dampened output.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
I think it's better to use deadband for that Stoney. That way you get 0 output instead of dampened output.

Whoops!  You're right.  Deadband on rudder pedals, not dampening.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech