Author Topic: Die With Dignity  (Read 2957 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Die With Dignity
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
Midway should be squelched.
+1 and he has a relative flying knits, feardeth, who could use some squelching too.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
Ch 200 rocks, timid pickets who only fight with overwhelming numbers suck, and Midway should be squelched.

:rofl :rofl

Few statements ring so true as this one!  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »
I admit to jumping on 200 for a quick vent now and then but I usually refrain from such antics unless it's a little good ribbing.

What I really take pleasure in is poking those X players with a stick and getting them all wound up 

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
Ch 200 rocks, timid pickets who only fight with overwhelming numbers suck, and Midway should be squelched.

Is it me, or does Midway sound/act a lot like VansCrew??? :headscratch:
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »
Whats channel 200??
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »
It's called ego,and some people are going to make an idiot out of there self.They are the same people that annoy other people in real life,but they have a real chance to be half wits on 200.Don't tune it,and you will be better off.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:24:17 AM »
I really love this game. I really like everyone that plays. I really enjoy the banter on 200. But.... I can't stand the players that get killed and start blaming THEIR death on another player's game play. Player "X" gets killed while playing his way. Then jumps on 200 to let player "Y" know that "X" was picked, vulched, HO'd, AFK, RTB winchster, PWd or any other reason "X" can think of to let "Y" know he got an easy kill. If you don't expect to get shot down in this game, stick to checkers or darts, but DON'T be a "X" player. Die with dignity.
Thanks for the vent folks. <S>
Now..... flame "on".
  i don't tune 200.  too puerile.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 05:42:03 AM »
I really love this game. I really like everyone that plays. I really enjoy the banter on 200. But.... I can't stand the players that get killed and start blaming THEIR death on another player's game play. Player "X" gets killed while playing his way. Then jumps on 200 to let player "Y" know that "X" was picked, vulched, HO'd, AFK, RTB winchster, PWd or any other reason "X" can think of to let "Y" know he got an easy kill. If you don't expect to get shot down in this game, stick to checkers or darts, but DON'T be a "X" player. Die with dignity.
Now..... flame "on".

I stuck a dart in my brothers skull once by mistake when playing garden battle darts.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 05:52:15 AM »

Midway anoying girlyboys is the best :salute
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:12 AM »
Now..... flame "on".

Because fun for those players is dog fighting. When you pick them, they lose valuable time re upping and flying around trying to find a dog fight again. Their fun/time drops. When the picker, vulchers, etc are in full force. Dogfighters don't have any fun for hours at a time. so they get a little grouchy.

And losing is not the reason they aren't having fun. Losing a dog fight is fun. Getting picked or vulched is like getting sucker punched by the ref in a boxing match. 

Vulching and picking have to happen from time to time depending on the situation, and yes there are people who whine about everything.  But don't pretend you can't understand why folks are justified many times, for complaining about Hoing, vulching, and picking. If you can't understand it, you don't really apreciate a good dogfight.  And if you can't appreciate a good dogfight, why are you playing this game?  If you like to blast lots of enemies that are in no position to fight back, play Space Invaders.

:salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
Because fun for those players is dog fighting. When you pick them, they lose valuable time re upping and flying around trying to find a dog fight again. Their fun/time drops. When the picker, vulchers, etc are in full force. Dogfighters don't have any fun for hours at a time. so they get a little grouchy.

And losing is not the reason they aren't having fun. Losing a dog fight is fun. Getting picked or vulched is like getting sucker punched by the ref in a boxing match.  

Vulching and picking have to happen from time to time depending on the situation, and yes there are people who whine about everything.  But don't pretend you can't understand why folks are justified many times, for complaining about Hoing, vulching, and picking. If you can't understand it, you don't really apreciate a good dogfight.  And if you can't appreciate a good dogfight, why are you playing this game?  If you like to blast lots of enemies that are in no position to fight back, play Space Invaders.

:salute

Don't we have the DA for pure dogfights if you're into that kind of thing?  :headscratch:

The fact is a lot of players like a good exciting fight, it's not some tiny elite club of people in the whole game who actually like a real fight...and I'm pretty certain we ALL dislike being vulched, picked or HO'd and being denied that good fight.

The difference is some people have maturity, self control and perspective that prevents them from acting like whiny little ****'s over dying in an online computer game. A lot of other players seem to have gone their whole lives without growing up :) Probably explains why they are constantly playing Aces High as well...

Just my opinion though, feel free to carry on making excuses for people who make excuses for being killed ;>

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:41:35 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »
Don't we have the DA for pure dogfights if you're into that kind of thing?  :headscratch:

The fact is a lot of players like a good exciting fight, it's not some tiny elite club of people in the whole game who actually like a real fight...and I'm pretty certain we ALL dislike being vulched, picked or HO'd and being denied that good fight.

The difference is some people have maturity, self control and perspective that prevents them from acting like whiny little ****'s over dying in an online computer game. A lot of other players seem to have gone their whole lives without growing up :) Probably explains why they are constantly playing Aces High as well...

Just my opinion though, feel free to carry on making excuses for people who make excuses for being killed ;>

:salute Coomz,

Well these are different problems. Some people are better at handling when they are ticked off than others. There are two ways to reduce "ticked off reactions" which no one wants or likes. 

1) send everyone to anger management therapy so they handle being ticked off with more grace and aplumb.
2) Do a little less of what ticks people off.

Number two is the more powerful of the two. If your gameplay ticks people off, statements like "I play the way I want to play" don't absolve yourself of the responsibility to stop being a ----.   :aok

Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 10:36:18 AM »
My cartoon deaths are usually from trees or lack of parts. Not all but most. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
Midway saluted me the other day after I shot him down. At least he gets out there and mixes it up.

Rarely have I've been attacked on 200. If I do, they get squelched immediately.

A couple of month's ago someone got irritated at me for picking them. It soon turned into some fun banter. He said all my kills were picks after landing 8 kills. I replied, they all were red. In the end he admitted to getting picked while picking. Though he wasn't technically picking, he was stall fighting in a furball.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
Die with dignity, sure as soon as others fight with dignity. Once all the hoer's are gone, and the gangers stay out of a good 1 on 1, even a 1 on 2 we can talk about dignity.

5 times I tangled with midway last week. 4 times he hoed me, and the 5th I rammed him as  I caught him typing.

This game has evolved too musicch into getting kills as opposed to fighting.