Author Topic: Wing tip vortice trails  (Read 1191 times)

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
Re: Wing tip vortice trails
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
It's a jet but
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6rgrnY6TU

You might not be able to see where they are, but your know where they have been.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »
I have no idea how much coding it would take but I am all for it, also to get rid of the explosive pilot
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Swoop73

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35:15 AM »
ImaDot had the whole idea neatly expressed. The reason to tie it in with alt and G's is a simple way to make sure wing tip vortices don't happen all the time. Gyrene...They are very much tied in with G's being pulled as well as wing loading. An Extra 300 isn't going to generate them even at 10 G's but an F16 can in a pretty casual turn. Prop fighters generate them all the time but nowhere as easily as a 30,000 lb jet fighter, but then again, when is the last time you saw a p51 pulling 8 G's on a humid day? WW2 fighters are almost never taken to the limits like they were in real combat. In AH, that's what we do. As to the "kewl" factor....that's the whole point of flying in Aces High. The more realism the better. The flight model in AH is one of the best anywhere and except for the tweaks done by the staff to "level the playing field" the flying is pretty darn realistic. I have time in a real Mustang and I can tell you the takeoff and climb, including torque and gyroscopic effects are right on, especially the way the nose bobs up and down from left and right rudder. I can't wait for it to get better. Soon they'll have better spectral highlights. Then, at some point clouds will stop being 2 dimensional sheets. Someday they'll fix the whisky compass that rotates backwards. Ultimately, when computers are powerful enough, the sheep on the ground will turn their heads and follow you as you fly past at 50 ft. I'm a dreamer...And I ain't apologizing.  :)
"Had to...Had to keep 'em from the bombers"
325th Ace Art Fiedler on why he and 3 other Checkertails
charged into 40 FW 190's over Regensburg, Germany in Jan., 1945.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:16 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6rgrnY6TU

You might not be able to see where they are, but your know where they have been.

Contrails from exhaust and wingtip vortices are completely different things
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Liberator

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
+1 to this wish!