Author Topic: HT.... Listen Please! Add New Country's to your game!  (Read 6793 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: HT.... Listen Please! Add New Country's to your game!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »

How many people do you think will subscribe to the game if those planes are added?

Most of those planes have been asked for many times before, much like the B29, the P40N, the Betty and so on. And like those planes we have gotten, I'm sure we will get all of the other too, eventually.

You've been here long enough to know your not going to get a strait answer to any thing pertaining to the future of any content that the game may or may not get.

Like everyone else, wish for it, pray for it, hope for it, even send in a bottle or two of scotch for it, but you will not hear about it until a few weeks before it will bereleased, just like every other thing that has been added to the game over the years.
At this point in the economy it would be hard to say and you are asking me to speculate but I would hope for 1/25th to 1/10th of 1% of the country's population. Additionally I would be advertising in the country's that I cater to ie. Germany, Japan, Russia etc..

I think eventually may not come or is to long to wait for an excellent idea that makes the intended player base bigger and stronger.

I've been here long enough to know if you ask a good straight question you will get a good straight answer, ...eventually.

Like everyone else, I will, wish for it, pray for it, hope for it and additionally, I will send any information/help/support I can find to help with the release of these new country's planes.

Go read the OP's original text and you will find that this doesn't even belong in this forum and is a discussion on what would be a good way to increase the client base and get more customers for the good of HT and HTC. It asks the question to HT if adding new country's is a good idea and if so, would this be a good way to go about it.

There are a few other threads that have sprung up in the same vein since I posted.

Drone,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 08:57:38 PM »
At this point in the economy it would be hard to say and you are asking me to speculate but I would hope for 1/25th to 1/10th of 1% of the country's population. Additionally I would be advertising in the country's that I cater to ie. Germany, Japan, Russia etc..

I think eventually may not come or is to long to wait for an excellent idea that makes the intended player base bigger and stronger.

I've been here long enough to know if you ask a good straight question you will get a good straight answer, ...eventually.

Like everyone else, I will, wish for it, pray for it, hope for it and additionally, I will send any information/help/support I can find to help with the release of these new country's planes.

Go read the OP's original text and you will find that this doesn't even belong in this forum and is a discussion on what would be a good way to increase the client base and get more customers for the good of HT and HTC. It asks the question to HT if adding new country's is a good idea and if so, would this be a good way to go about it.

There are a few other threads that have sprung up in the same vein since I posted.

Drone,

Well just because there are a number of threads on the subject doesn't mean that they are good ideas  :devil

Personally I wouldn't think having a plane that represent my country would be a "selling point" to play the game. Advertizing, now that would make more sense. You can add the French planes you want, if people in France don't know the game exists no body is going to join.

My guess, is the OP wasn't looked at as a suggestion/idea to bring in more people, it was looked at more in the vein of a disguised wish ( and most likely why it was moved here). As we have heard before, "ask for what you really want", in this case, more new planes.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »
Well just because there are a number of threads on the subject doesn't mean that they are good ideas  :devil

Personally I wouldn't think having a plane that represent my country would be a "selling point" to play the game. Advertising, now that would make more sense. You can add the French planes you want, if people in France don't know the game exists no body is going to join.

My guess, is the OP wasn't looked at as a suggestion/idea to bring in more people, it was looked at more in the vein of a disguised wish ( and most likely why it was moved here). As we have heard before, "ask for what you really want", in this case, more new planes.

It doesn't mean they are not excellent ideas either   :lol

Oh really? What if there were no US planes and you knew nothing about the game you just found and the language is Russian. Would you try to stumble through it? I most likely wouldn't fly this thing if there weren't USA planes and English! I mean its hard enough to learn as it is.. right?
Take a look here at rise of flight web site, at the click of the mouse it changes the language from Russian to English.
http://riseofflight.com/ru

and here on wings of prey, skip the intro and look at the top right corner on the page …click of the mouse no less then seven languages.

http://www.airwargame.com/fre/start/
…  French even!

I am not espousing either of these games ...but I do think this would be a great idea for HT to implement.

.... So I guess that would apply to all Russian, German and Japanese planes in the game as well but we have plenty of those We even have a Finnish plane that's not Finnish. The French certainly deserve a spot in this game oui? The Australians do as well. Adding something from the Romanian area is also good and we know there are a lot of new rich Chinese.

I would say your right!
Maybe if we had younger more enthusiastic/sharper lads they could have a 2 for 1. 1 guy to watch the forums and 1 to manage the web sites, a new skins board, manage the player skins, and make a new multi language site.  What do you think?  Would that be a good idea?
…And no,, In this case it would be for new Country's to be represented, could be a gv, seaplane, tank even a sub. … etc
I mentioned planes because that's what I know about.  :aok
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
3 balances better then 4.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
Okay how bout a French tank

this would go good with lyrics early war panzer and still would add a new country.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »
*stuff*

yeah, cause thats not a punt  :lol.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 08:27:09 PM »
yeah, cause thats not a punt  :lol.

Nope.. just another idea to add new countrys... I'm not a tanker but I'm going to brush up just for four you  :cheers:

what tank was that?,

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

I do agree on the languages. I think an interpreter program would be best ... so a Japanese person can talk to a Russian person or a Frenchmen to an American and visversa. Similar to google translate. I type in English on my end and it comes out French on his end.

Having an auto-translator in game like that takes a lot of development time and resources and I imagine would be difficult for a company with limited resources like HTC to actually do.  The online games we have feature an auto-translator so our French, German, Japanese and English players can communicate with each other but from what I hear from our devs, it's a pain in the bellybutton to implement.

I think at this point, it would probably be quicker if the community takes on this project itself, just like Blade did for his fellow JP players.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
IDK if its even nessecary AKAK. We have very few players that don't share at least 1 of the main languages in AH.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
If you add new country's you increase the potential clientele. If you add another German, USA, British, Soviet, Japanese etc... you really don't increase your client base you just add another goodie for those of us here all ready.

I have to wonder where all the Soviet players are?  We really didn't have any Japanese either until FA closed down and Russian, Japanese and Italian planes have been here a long time.

By your calculations how big are those countries and how many players should have flooded into the game?

I realize now you've added language to your wish but it wasn't there to begin with.  I think your logic is flawed.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 04:26:42 AM »
ingame translator is a pipe dream, but what about unicode characters support?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters
now posting as SirNuke

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
IDK if its even nessecary AKAK. We have very few players that don't share at least 1 of the main languages in AH.

as English is clearly your second language, I've been wondering how accessible you found the documentation for AH when you began to play, and the ingame menus etc? Good or bad?

Do you agree with Megalodon that if it was easier for other non-English native speakers we could increase the player base?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
Having an  in game like that takes a lot of development time and resources and I imagine would be difficult for a company with limited resources like HTC to actually do.  The on line games we have feature an  so our French, German, Japanese and English players can communicate with each other but from what I hear from our Dev's, it's a pain in the bellybutton to implement.

I think at this point, it would probably be quicker if the community takes on this project itself, just like Blade did for his fellow JP players.

alack

You maybe right about the in game translator as I am not sure what all it would involve..... But having HTC's web pages with translated text option would be excellent to explain to foreign language speakers.

Having a small highlighted clickable icons at the top of the page to change the languages of the pages..|EN  FR JA RU IT GE CH SP PL| etc...will it cost a little to make these pages...yes ...or maybe someone will donate their time making official translated pages for HTC either hosted by or pointed too. For instance you could do SP.

I disagree ......... I think HT should add nations, vehicles, planes or vessels, that had a stake in the war that are not represented 1st before adding anymore trinkets from country's all ready in the game. Aus, Fra being two major nations and Rom, Poland etc... and make it easier, by way of web pages, for potential costumers to under stand how to work/play/strategy of/the game.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:53:49 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
I have to wonder where all the Soviet players are?  We really didn't have any Japanese either until FA closed down and Russian, Japanese and Italian planes have been here a long time.

By your calculations how big are those countries and how many players should have flooded into the game?

I realize now you've added language to your wish but it wasn't there to begin with.  I think your logic is flawed.

Wonder all you like. Yes we had them in AW as well that doesn't mean we should not include other nations and support for them that they can read.

Its a conversation and shouldn't be in the wishlist thread. I didn't  put it here  :aok

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
CAC- Boomerang

People would raise hell if it was added.

Why, because your just giving us a Brewster with 20mm's and a much cooler country of origin...

soo.....

BOOMERANG

(Beau would be wonderful to ;) )
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"