Author Topic: My new TilDeath gaming rig  (Read 2183 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My new TilDeath gaming rig
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:07:01 PM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:07:11 PM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
With only 512Mb graphics memory you won't be running 'all shadows' i.e. 8 meg shadow textures without a slideshow.

This reply is sickening.    It is nothing more than cutting down a teenager (SWkiljoy) with nothing more than complete envy.    Ripley, why do you continue to inflict your venom at TD (who doesn't post on here anymore)?    Instead of Matt posting his pictures and his father raising his son the best way he can, you choose to act like a complete nozzle again.    

Ripley, why is it when someone posts anything that has to do with TD you look to find some sort of fault. This system
DOES run with shadows and is set to 2048.  Keep in mind this system is a USED system that TD took in on trade.  I
could not have built as good or better system for the price, and it does play the game with almost all setting at
max with full monitor frame rate.  Are you going to tell me other wise?

I have seen dozens of posts of systems with pictures that TD has built.  Guys post on these boards proud to own a
system he built and being completely happy with the performance, playability and price.  I have yet to see a system
you built with pictures posted here, even your own system.  You constantly knock his builds and ability, lets see
what kind of work you do.  Show your expertise for us to see.  You talk a good game, time to back it up with some
proof. Why don't you post a picture and DXDIAG of your or any system you have built?

We have lost IMHO a valuable community asset when TD stopped posting on these boards.  Are you worried about TD's
knowledge will out shine yours?  That he is building with today's technology that you do not have the monies for the
experience to use?  I know for a fact he still assists by sending PM's to assist people, but the community does not
see his knowledge overall, or his connections with the manufacturers (Masherbrum had an issue with his Western
Digital HDD, could not get anywhere with WD, he asked TD to assist, TD made a call and 2 days later Masherbrum had
not only a new drive, but two new larger and faster drives).  I know of at least four folks that TD has done this
for and not only with Western Digital.

Ripley, please start supporting the community is a good way instead of trying to find "fault?"

What Dragon mentions was in regards to this thread:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,311339.0.html

I had a 750GB AALS fail within a year.    I happened to catch TD on TS3 one night shortly after making my post.    He then volunteered to contact WD for me.   On this drive, were my music files (didn't care about) and 10+ years of Pictures (this was what I was concerned with).

I RMA'd the drive, but sent it to TD first.   He was able to get everything off of the drive and then needed another drive, so I paypal'd him some money (with a little extra) and he sent me the drive.   Mind you, I didn't ask him for a thing, he volunteered to help a friend.    I RMA'd that 750GB and received AT NO CHARGE a 2TB Black Series.    They sent me 2 Blue series drives and I was told to "keep them".    I turned around and gave TD one as a "thank you".    

Friendship is what I got most out of this game, for some it is acting like a complete nozzle.    I have met people from all walks of life and don't regret a single moment of it.   Rich, I know you don't post, but if I am ever in the Atlanta area, you will be called and we will have some steak and beer.   You know this, but that is because we talk on the phone and laugh at the buffoonery.  

Brian and Matt, hopefully next year since the Dayton Air Show will be on a different weekend than Thunder Over Michigan, we will once again have some good laughs and ignore the love muffinery of some.    Matt, enjoy that PC and see you soon.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »
Spot on Mash  :salute
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:07:56 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
I don't really have a dog in this fight but, I have never met TD or even seen him post on here (must have been before my time). However, Anytime I have made a post in here asking a question he has pm'ed me with very helpful information and even left his phone number just to call and chat if I had further questions. I think it is a shame the AH community lost someone like this who is knowledgeable and more than willing to help out complete strangers even when they didn't buy a system from him.  :salute TD. I am just glad that even though he may not be posting he is still reading and helping behind the scenes.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 11:15:51 PM »
And you badgered him and spent pages and pages of post to try any make him look like he didn't know what he was talking about just because you didn't like his phrasing.

That certainly points out to me who knows what he's talking about, and who doesn't.
:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:08:15 PM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:41 AM »
Nothing but conjecture, yet again

Post up some pictures.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:08:31 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:09:55 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:02:27 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:02:36 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:01 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:02:51 PM by Skuzzy »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:10:12 PM by Skuzzy »