Author Topic: Cool raptor  (Read 1399 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cool raptor
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »
No where in this topic does it say its JUST about birds.

>Topic title: cool Raptor
>F22 Raptor
>The f22 shares its name with the topic name, therefore it can be posted in here. along with the fact there there is no "birds only thread!" said, anywheres.
>F22dude thinks the f22 raptor is cool. so he posted it in the thread titled cool raptor
>Your opinion is not the only one that matters on these boards gyrene.

(Image removed from quote.)
i'm obviously dealing with a

look it's not my fault you possess nothing more than a single molecule within your cranium. til now i have not expressed "opinion", it's fact, you decided to drop your ridiculous twinkie eating nonsense on a legitimately interesting discussion instead of having the common sense to put your crap in a discussion you start on your own or one of actual appropriateness. a klingon bird of prey would have been more appropriate and infinitely more interesting than that billion dollar flying toilet you spam at every possible opportunity, which incidentally has nothing whatsoever to do with raptors except in your minute imagination.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 02:07:51 AM »
i'm obviously dealing with a (Image removed from quote.)

look (Image removed from quote.) it's not my fault you possess nothing more than a single molecule within your cranium. til now i have not expressed "opinion", it's fact, you decided to drop your ridiculous twinkie eating nonsense on a legitimately interesting discussion instead of having the common sense to put your crap in a discussion you start on your own or one of actual appropriateness. a klingon bird of prey would have been more appropriate and infinitely more interesting than that billion dollar flying toilet you spam at every possible opportunity, which incidentally has nothing whatsoever to do with raptors except in your minute imagination.
>So apparently you saying that the f22 raptor is "not cool" is fact, and not just your opinion. why is this? because its coming from YOUR mouth. sorry gyrene. throw your hissy fit all you want, but thats still your Opinion. not fact.
>Youve decided to drop your egotistic attitude into this topic, as stated above, you seem to think your word is fact, instead of merely your own opinion.
>Spam? please find me 5 topics that ive mentioned the f22 raptor in. I rarely talk about the f22, let alone "spam" it.
>Again, the topic did not say "birds only!" therefore him posting the f22 is on par with the topic.
> Keep crying. your hissy-fit is amusing. i may just stay up tonight to read it.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »
When I see the word raptor, I'm thinking the ultimate bird of prey.

That would be a scary sight hovering above you.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »
Gyrene, Tyrannis. Cool it. F22 expressed his opinion, Gyrene expressed his, and then said he didn't. And then Tyrannis did something to get this thread started on something stupid.

Here's one:

:D

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
 Wow this didn't take even one page to get off topic and get into a hissing match.  Cool Picts of the birds, and not the jet powered type.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
i'm obviously dealing with a (Image removed from quote.)

look (Image removed from quote.) it's not my fault you possess nothing more than a single molecule within your cranium. til now i have not expressed "opinion", it's fact, you decided to drop your ridiculous twinkie eating nonsense on a legitimately interesting discussion instead of having the common sense to put your crap in a discussion you start on your own or one of actual appropriateness. a klingon bird of prey would have been more appropriate and infinitely more interesting than that billion dollar flying toilet you spam at every possible opportunity, which incidentally has nothing whatsoever to do with raptors except in your minute imagination.
Way too many big words for me, all i'm seeing is blah blah blah F22 raptor is awesome  :aok
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Very cool bird!

I'm totally into raptors, and have several of my own!

I suppose the F22 serves a purpose, so is worth having around, but it can't compete with nature's own in looks or aerial ability.  The name "Raptor" for the airplane is really an insult to the real thing, in my opinion.  Talk about an overstatement (referring to an airplane as a raptor, lol).

In the end, it's just a plane...  And it doesn't even have a prop...  Need I say more?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:07:04 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
>So apparently you saying that the f22 raptor is "not cool" is fact, and not just your opinion. why is this? because its coming from YOUR mouth. sorry gyrene. throw your hissy fit all you want, but thats still your Opinion. not fact.
>Youve decided to drop your egotistic attitude into this topic, as stated above, you seem to think your word is fact, instead of merely your own opinion.
>Spam? please find me 5 topics that ive mentioned the f22 raptor in. I rarely talk about the f22, let alone "spam" it.
>Again, the topic did not say "birds only!" therefore him posting the f22 is on par with the topic.
> Keep crying. your hissy-fit is amusing. i may just stay up tonight to read it.
lol, pipsqueek...you're so much like legoman/raptordude that i associated you're rambling with his spamtard mess. i will only apologize for saying you were spamming pics of the flying toilet, the rest of what i said is indisputable fact.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
Very cool bird!

I'm totally into raptors, and have several of my own!

I suppose the F22 serves a purpose, so is worth having around, but it can't compete with nature's own in looks or aerial ability.

In the end, it's just a plane...  And it doesn't even have a prop...  Need I say more?
jet fans sort of count as props in a way

lol, pipsqueek...you're so much like legoman/raptordude that i associated you're rambling with his spamtard mess. i will only apologize for saying you were spamming pics of the flying toilet, the rest of what i said is indisputable fact.
how is it a flying toilet?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
Nope, still your opinion.

Your opinion =/= fact. no matter how much you wish it did.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 03:36:28 PM »
jet fans sort of count as props in a way

Nope.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »
Very cool pics and birds, thanks rogwar!
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbofan

I'm not talking about the fact that it has a blade spinning around.  I'm referring to the fact that jets are so gawd-awful ugly-lookin'.  

At least the ones they've come up with so far.

They have no appeal.  No romance.  They're just extra-noisy blow dryers.

I understand that they serve a purpose.  "Art" has turned into "utility".  Nothing wrong with that; it's happened with military firearms as well.

It's possible someone could come up with a neat-looking jet, I just highly doubt it'll ever happen.

As far as the F22 goes, I saw it fly not too long ago on one of my lunch breaks.  It is pretty agile for a jet, but it's still ridiculously clumsy compared to a raptor.

They'll never be able to compete with real raptors in looks or ability.  And they'll never have the romantic appeal of an F4U, P51, Spitfire, SE5A, etc...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:52:23 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »
Took these a couple of months back. Going through some photos.

Nice.

Surprised he did not fly away when you were so close to him.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s