Author Topic: WWI...  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
WWI...
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
Really is sweet. Wish more would fly there... I can see why the mouse wielders avoid it though, you have to be able to fight and having pedals or a twisty stick is a must in those birds.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: WWI...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
Really is sweet. Wish more would fly there... I can see why the mouse wielders avoid it though, you have to be able to fight and having pedals or a twisty stick is a must in those birds.
Exact reason why i dont fly in there.

The planes bounce around alot and they just dont respond well to mouse flyers.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »
I wish HTC would invest more resources in it.  I always enjoyed WW1 era, just not enough going on in there to pull me in consistently.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
I loved WWI arena. The fights (while smaller) are actually better than the massive hordes of the MA.  Fights are cleaner, less picking, and you ALWAYS get a salute after a good fight.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
Exact reason why i dont fly in there.

The planes bounce around alot and they just dont respond well to mouse flyers.

Yeah there aren't any bombers...
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
I wish HTC would invest more resources in it.  I always enjoyed WW1 era, just not enough going on in there to pull me in consistently.

I would wish for that too, but I'm afraid that at this point it wouldn't change the numbers enough to justify the effort.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
I submitted a terrain for WW1 way back in March, complete with towns, trenches, no man's land, etc.  I was thinking a new terrain would bring some numbers in.  Sadly, it's never been put into play. :(
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
If a dedicated core group of WW1 enthusiasts scheduled some events, they might be able to draw some folks into it.  Problem is, nobody goes into the WW1 arena because nobody is in the WW1 arena because nobody goes into the WW1 arena.

Get 20 guys to schedule WW1 events and then publicize it, you might start seeing some folks there.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
If a dedicated core group of WW1 enthusiasts scheduled some events, they might be able to draw some folks into it.  Problem is, nobody goes into the WW1 arena because nobody is in the WW1 arena because nobody goes into the WW1 arena.

If that alone was the reason, we would still have a lot of players in WW1, because once we had tremendous numbers there. The numbers did not fall because nobody was there in the first place. But of course I agree in as so much as once a certain threshold is crossed, the "nobody goes there because nobody is there" adds up significantly to the problem.
And we do have a core group of enthusiasts, and they actually did schedule some fights and events, with some good turnout if my crappy memory and my stats don't fail totally. ;) But similar to the AvA, any such effect is only lasting for a short time. A few players more will show up, have some fun, but then again they get drawn back into the LW for the very same reasons as before.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »
when do you fly in there?
Lighten up Francis

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:29 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »
You have sounds for WW1 TB?
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »
I submitted a terrain for WW1 way back in March, complete with towns, trenches, no man's land, etc.  I was thinking a new terrain would bring some numbers in.  Sadly, it's never been put into play. :(

Yes I had been and still am looking forward to that....hopefully :(

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
If that alone was the reason, we would still have a lot of players in WW1, because once we had tremendous numbers there. The numbers did not fall because nobody was there in the first place. But of course I agree in as so much as once a certain threshold is crossed, the "nobody goes there because nobody is there" adds up significantly to the problem.
And we do have a core group of enthusiasts, and they actually did schedule some fights and events, with some good turnout if my crappy memory and my stats don't fail totally. ;) But similar to the AvA, any such effect is only lasting for a short time. A few players more will show up, have some fun, but then again they get drawn back into the LW for the very same reasons as before.

Thats true I have noticed numbers snowball, if I see 8 or more it will make me jump in there. With the FM on the DR1 corrected it really is quite a fun arena to mix it up in.

I remember also in H2H waiting for 20 minutes or so to get into the same arena other arenas had maybe 4 5 people in them but the one with the most 8/8 must be were the most fun is  :lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:36:12 PM by pervert »

Offline Sid

• Copper Member
      • "SWIFT" 72 Squadron
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »
And we do have a core group of enthusiasts, and they actually did schedule some fights and events, with some good turnout if my crappy memory and my stats don't fail totally. ;)

That should read "And we did have a core group of enthusiasts", I think you'll find them flying in Rise of Flight these days.   ;)
Oculus Rift user.