Author Topic: Crash after launch each time but only on the first launch...  (Read 1567 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Re: Crash after launch each time but only on the first launch...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
yes,
the Timeout and Delay Recovery (TDR) issue happens with Radeon as well.

Hungary,
Your ink does not work. Supposedly, you can disable TDR in Vista thru registry. In w7 the TDR reg edit must be added, but........
I think this is a MS issue. Also, I have found the Nvidia forums quite wanting and no real help, Google around.

Skuzzy,
Speculation and observation is all we have. If we had hard data, we could solve on our own, yes. Way too many peeps have this error with other things besides AH. I read about other games, Media player, DEP with it, 32 bit and 64 bit OS's with it. W7, Vista and XP all exhibit the error. I personally have only seen this with AH, but I play no other game and its the main 3D app I use. All updates of AH have tripped this event in my case. I do not think its AH, as much as I think its with the OS and 3D apps. If it was a game stopper, probably get more attention. But since its just an annoyance and a bother....................... .....

I sent you the error message and you have my specs. I get this only occassionally, the threader gets it every first log. Whats common between our machines? Whats common between Nvidia and Radeon cards? Whats common between the 3 OS's. Is there anyone that does not get this error? Whats different in there machine from one that gets error?

I made a change with the Data Execution Prevention (DEP), now I will have to wait and see if error still happens. I had selected everything and added AH to the ignore list. Now its set for OS only.???????????????????? DEP affects the ram, many posts online about ram and this??????????????????????

http://www.improve-pc-tools.com/index.php/how-to-fix-0xc0000005-error-and-stop-it-forever/
http://www.pcpowerguide.com/windows/how-to-fix-an-access-violation-error/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:18:23 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
DEP is not the issue, crashed after I changed it. Maybe total disable.

Currently checking  the "disable TDR" in W7, and I read something about, I use nvidia in SLI, selecting manually which vid card does the physX calcs. I use physX in the card thats not with the monitor. Yes, I know the game does not use physX, but who knows.

I have question, I can get this same error, if I try entering the task manager when running game at same time. So is that normal? I had assumed that it was a deliberate thing to help prevent hacking the game, but maybe I assumed wrong. Should entering the task manager cause the game to crash if logged? On-line and off-line mode same.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline SpankyMc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
I got my neighbor to try out the game, but he is having the same issues.  I haven't been playing for a few months, so he came over to use my computer and now my computer won't run the game either. As soon as he tries to long into the late war arena (or any arena actually), the program crashes. Bob looks like this --> :bhead while HITECH is acting like this -->:neener:

Is there anyone at the support@hitechcreations.com??

I wonder how many folks have just given up without even mentioning the issue? Not everyone looks into the forums.

Offline SpankyMc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »
Is there a log somewhere that shows what happened in the crash?  If there is, how can I locate it?

Thanks, :salute
Ron

I changed the compatibilty mode to run on 640 x 480 screen resolution, and he was able to log into the arena.  But, the resolution is so bad, that you can't play on that setting.  But maybe that would give you tech types a hint of where the problem may lie.

And if you are reading this for the first time, can you click on the "report to moderator" button over there on the bottom right.  Then maybe someone from HiTech will take a look at this.  Hard to get their attention, unless you are late on your dues.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:11:27 PM by SpankyMc »

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
EVENT VIEWER, under adminstative templates. Look for app error.
Is there a display event associated with the app error?

After some AH updates, a total re-install of game was required.

So disabling TDR did nothing,
Setting the sli manually did nothing.
I was in game flying, late war main and screen went black, game froze. Able to close AH app in task manager and re-log game immediately.

Currently trying the disabling of WEI in the task scheduler.
Switched a controller to a case front, usb port.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
DEP is not the issue, crashed after I changed it. Maybe total disable.

Currently checking  the "disable TDR" in W7, and I read something about, I use nvidia in SLI, selecting manually which vid card does the physX calcs. I use physX in the card thats not with the monitor. Yes, I know the game does not use physX, but who knows.

I have question, I can get this same error, if I try entering the task manager when running game at same time. So is that normal? I had assumed that it was a deliberate thing to help prevent hacking the game, but maybe I assumed wrong. Should entering the task manager cause the game to crash if logged? On-line and off-line mode same.

Entering the task manager should not crash the game, or any application for that matter.  That is very wrong.  That is absolutely not a game problem, but an issue in the OS itself.

I got my neighbor to try out the game, but he is having the same issues.  I haven't been playing for a few months, so he came over to use my computer and now my computer won't run the game either. As soon as he tries to long into the late war arena (or any arena actually), the program crashes. Bob looks like this --> :bhead while HITECH is acting like this -->:neener:

Is there anyone at the support@hitechcreations.com??

I wonder how many folks have just given up without even mentioning the issue? Not everyone looks into the forums.

Yes, I am back.  I was gone for a few days.

Is there a log somewhere that shows what happened in the crash?  If there is, how can I locate it?

Thanks, :salute
Ron

I changed the compatibilty mode to run on 640 x 480 screen resolution, and he was able to log into the arena.  But, the resolution is so bad, that you can't play on that setting.  But maybe that would give you tech types a hint of where the problem may lie.

And if you are reading this for the first time, can you click on the "report to moderator" button over there on the bottom right.  Then maybe someone from HiTech will take a look at this.  Hard to get their attention, unless you are late on your dues.

Does not help at all.  A complete DXDIAG output is needed to even begin to try and guess what is going on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:53:50 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
mines being doing the same thing for about 2 or 3 weeks after one of the updates.  I haven't said anything I just click on it again

Mine has been doing the same. I have not had any problems and AH has run solid until 2-3 weeks ago. Now it crashes and discos every time I fly with no discernible pattern.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
<snip>
Speculation is not going to solve this kind of problem.  We need data.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/59397-force-directx-9-a.html

Not for the faint of heart, Skuzzy does such an edit work?
I have done it, the game loads, we will see.

more specalled eggs, ask no questions, get no answers

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/59397-force-directx-9-a.html

Not for the faint of heart, Skuzzy does such an edit work?
I have done it, the game loads, we will see.

more specalled eggs, ask no questions, get no answers

Aces High specifically loads DX9 already.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
Since I use evga cards, I use "evga precicision".

I have been reading that precision is not compatible with W7. Other types of similar real time hardware monitoring apps are also incompatible and cause game lock ups. I use it for fan speed only, but it starts with windows.

So, Of all of the peeps with this type of issue, how many of you are using Precision, MSI Afterburner, RIVA Tuner..... whilest playing the game?

oops I speculated again.

Entering the task manager should not crash the game, or any application for that matter.  That is very wrong.  That is absolutely not a game problem, but an issue in the OS itself.

OK, I will say tho, that AH is the only thing that reacts like this on my puter. Guess thats why I thought it was a hacking protection.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:26:25 PM by MADe »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 07:52:51 AM »
That is not speculation.  It is good hard data.  I could see tuning utilities causing random lockups and crashes due to the way they work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
So, I am currently doing this,

Disabled Precision Tune
Rolled back vid driver, 275.33>269.57
Re-enabled the paging executive, takes kernal out of ram and returns to boot disk. SSD array so no real loss.
Installed DX 9.0c latest update, this caused a game error 1st attempt to log. But all subsequent boots have been successful. I have a complete DX11 system.
Added -drt to end of AH icon exe

Did this last week, no crashes to date. I am a part time flyer tho.

Will post when and if crash occurs.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »
So, I am currently doing this,

Disabled Precision Tune
Rolled back vid driver, 275.33>269.57
Re-enabled the paging executive, takes kernal out of ram and returns to boot disk. SSD array so no real loss.
Installed DX 9.0c latest update, this caused a game error 1st attempt to log. But all subsequent boots have been successful. I have a complete DX11 system.
Added -drt to end of AH icon exe

Did this last week, no crashes to date. I am a part time flyer tho.

Will post when and if crash occurs.

as of today no crashes

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »

as of today no crashes

As of today, no crashes.