Author Topic: Improve the flight model -- make it even more realistic  (Read 3925 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Improve the flight model -- make it even more realistic
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Oh my.   I always enjoyed someone dropping troops or suplies from a goon in AH1 and not taking into account of the wind.    Watching them float away from the town/runway and listening to Range Channel was classic.    

Didn't think of that.

Just wanted to clarify my previous post, I'm not saying we should have winds, I'm could not think of a reason why we don't have them.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
I'm sure that Hitech will be happy to improve Aces High for a change, now that somebody has suggested it, instead of continuing to waste his time with whatever it is he's been doing for the last 10 years.  :devil

higher priority for more realistic "flight modelling" and/or weather / physics to the extent they affect flight.   :bhead

I understand Aces High is constantly improved and that is much appreciated.  :aok

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 10:51:35 PM »
Real clouds?
And not the giant fog of bank either. Real clouds that looks real. They can be just a simple 2D layer like we have now, but thicker, but when looking from above or below, they actually look real.

Wings of Prey have clouds 100x better than ours, yet my simple low end gaming rig can run it just fine on max settings.
Jane's WWII Fighters, a 12 year old game, had a mod that made clouds look amazing, and they were just simple 2D layers.

I don't know why HTC can't use the textures and models from these games. They look way, way, WAY better, but the thing is, their flight models are crap. HTC got the flight models down, now it's time for eye candy.

People keep saying "Oh, it'll hurt my FPS", yet how is it that a 12 year old game like Jane's look 10x better. Or how a relatively new game, Wings of Prey, looks SO much better, but still has a low system requirement. My Core2Duo at 2.9Ghz and a Radeon 5570 can max out WoP at 1920x1080. I don't understand why AH can't have better graphics.

It's not going to hurt your FPS, if it does, then you were probably barely able to run this game on the lowest settings in the first place. A simple purchase of a low end card like the 5570 or a nVidia 8800 would make your gaming experience that much better, for the cost of ~$50.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
higher priority for more realistic "flight modelling" and/or weather / physics to the extent they affect flight.   :bhead

I understand Aces High is constantly improved and that is much appreciated.  :aok

:)

I have yet to see a PC based flight simulator that is more realistic than AH2. The only flight simulator I used/seen before that is more realistic than AH had a price-tag of a few million dollars. I don't think many people here would be able to afford that.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
What was wrong with the Ferrari to cause Ferrari to come out with the new Ferrari?  :headscratch:

What was wrong with the Iphone for Steve Jobs to come out with the new Iphone?  :headscratch:

Questions best left for the owners / designers of said products.

Like Steve Jobs said, he didn't believe in customer focus groups, he came up with the vision for what people didn't even know that they were missing.  Now they don't want to live without these improvements.

The flight model is awesome, maybe HiTech has some ideas on the table but no one has asked for them or thinks improvements are wanted /  needed.  New planes are nice, but improvements in flight modelling / atmosphere / physics modelling would also be great. :)

:old: :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

Ok, no more to say you got me with that... improve it!!!   :noid

Not a nice wish if you don't know what are you asking for and don't think HTC is goin to make it a better sim game cuz.. well isn't a sim game, they are focus on the way you can play the game so you can enjoy the game.
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
I have yet to see a PC based flight simulator that is more realistic than AH2. The only flight simulator I used/seen before that is more realistic than AH had a price-tag of a few million dollars. I don't think many people here would be able to afford that.

Just thinking there may be some ideas on the table that HiTech has thought about or planned for some distant future.  Asking for higher priority of said idea(s). :)

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »
Just thinking there may be some ideas on the table that HiTech has thought about or planned for some distant future.  Asking for higher priority of said idea(s). :)

:noid

Just for the sake of arguing, how do you know you'll like them?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »
How do you know you'll like them?

And as I said before, I don't see flight modeling being improved.

If it's more realistic / adds realism (as judged by HiTech / HTC), I'll like them.  No doubt.  :aok

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 11:03:47 PM »
If it's more realistic / adds realism, I'll like them.  No doubt.  :aok

Okay. Say HTC add the codes to make it a full motion simulator and will require everyone to buy it if they want to play online and all new versions. This will be more realistic, but are you going to be happy?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
Okay. Say HTC add the codes to make it a full motion simulator and will require everyone to buy it if they want to play online and all new versions. This will be more realistic, but are you going to be happy?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :bhead :cry :cry :cry :bhead    :headscratch:

:old:  :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
If it's more realistic / adds realism (as judged by HiTech / HTC), I'll like them.  No doubt.  :aok
geez, mr.clueless is talking about realism without any grasp of reality. do yourself a favor midway, give it a rest. most of us know if things got any more realistic, you couldn't get out of the hangar.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »
English please

Don't know whether to laugh or cry with such silliness...  of course it would need to work in our current PC based setup.  Let's stay within the realms of common sense.

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:33:52 PM by Midway »

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »
Don't know whether to laugh or cry with such sillyness...  of course it would need to work in our current PC based set-up.  Let's stay within the realms of commen sense.

:rolleyes:

In that case please provide an idea that can be implemented on a PC based sim. That's what we been asking for you to do for the past two pages.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »
In that case please provide an idea that can be implemented on a PC based sim. That's what we been asking for you to do for the past two pages.

I left it to Steve Jobs to improve the Iphone.... I'll leave it to HiTech to improve the flight modelling.  Flight modelling genius, I am not.  But improvements that step it up a notch on the realism scale, with a higher priority, in other words implemented sooner rather than later, would be much appreciated.  :aok :)