Author Topic: Base flat, ack down and CV offshore. Thank goodness there are:  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Base flat, ack down and CV offshore. Thank goodness there are:
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
Can't count the times I've posted base alerts............and like 2 or 3 guys showed up.

Then later people whine about hordes taking bases.

You can see them coming for miles!!

^^^ Winner  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »
Can't count the times I've posted base alerts............and like 2 or 3 guys showed up.

Yes and unless you and 20 or 30 of your friends launch as soon as they are spotted you will be out numbered any where from 3 to 1, to 10 to 1.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
Yes and unless you and 20 or 30 of your friends launch as soon as they are spotted you will be out numbered any where from 3 to 1, to 10 to 1.

Yes, and it only takes that 1 magic bullet to stop the troops.

Of course you can't be worried about dieing repeatedly and the effect it will have on your score.  :cry
See Rule #4

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »

gonna have to find the vid. anyway here is a funny story:

I was bombing a cv with a dauntless for some free perks and fun. As I was diving in, I see about 20 hellcats launch off the cv.
I was too late to catch them on the deck and just went ahead and dropped my bombs. I made a pass on them and got a few hits.
I started typing on channel 20+ hellcats ib for (insert base #), need help now. Not one soul upped from that base and I had repeated the message at least 7 times.
 :bhead

Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
Yes, and it only takes that 1 magic bullet to stop the troops.

Of course you can't be worried about dieing repeatedly and the effect it will have on your score.  :cry
You mean shooting at goose stepping AIs is supposed to make up the utter absence of combat?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »
You mean shooting at goose stepping AIs is supposed to make up the utter absence of combat?

No, what I mean is that stopping (or at least slowing down) a hoard is easier than it appears.

I've been on the ground trying to up during a horde attack, as I'm sure many of us have been. Eventually someone is gonna get airborne and beeline straight to town.

Bang Bang, troops dead, fights on.
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »
Who cares about stopping pixel color changes.  You can get that for cheaper playing tetris.  If you think 20 in formation versus 5 freshly upped and uncoordinated's a fight, I invite you to the best fight in the game - you with 30sec to roll off a base in the DA with all of AOM already in the air and prepped to gang you.  We won't try and actually fight though, we'll just do whatever it takes to make some pixels appear at the bottom of the screen in that black radio box.  Cause that's what matters when all's said and done, right?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:25:44 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
Who cares about stopping pixel color changes.  You can get that for cheaper playing tetris.  If you think 20 in formation versus 5 freshly upped and uncoordinated's a fight, I invite you to the best fight in the game - you with 30sec to roll off a base in the DA with all of AOM already in the air and prepped to gang you.  We won't try and actually fight though, we'll just do whatever it takes to make some pixels appear at the bottom of the screen in that black radio box.  Cause that's what matters when all's said and done, right?

That was either magnificently brilliant, or the dumbest, most incoherent thing you've ever said.  :headscratch:

All I am saying is that so many people whine and complain about "teh horde", yet they will do nothing when confronted by it. Unless, of course, they have an altitude advantage and a few buddies at their back.

Everybody wants "combat". Well, what is a horde attacking your base if not an invitation to "combat".

To me this game gets stale on occasion. This is why I have no problem dieing repeatedly as I attempt to make it past the vulchers. It's just another challenge to keep things moving.

Oh, I'm not a total glutton for punishment either. If nobody else shows to help after I've bit the dust 6-12 times, I'm outta there.

See Rule #4

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »
62 Nitwits to make sure that nobody stuck in the tower can stop their well oiled steamroller. 
There were a few very scary moments and the outcome was far from certain.   :uhoh
But solely through brilliant strategy and fearless airmanship, they successfully captured the base (without a moment to spare).

(Image removed from quote.)

Witnessed many humungous hordes attacking the Nits over the years.  Posted this picture to show that you all can horde as good as anyone.
Your honorary certificate for "Supreme Whining and Hypocrisy" will arrive in 6-10 business days.

* 62 nits were listed in the film viewer (including 5 CHogs, 51Ds, Spit16s, N1Ks) within range of the tower.  Only the horde knows how many more were on the way.

:rock WTFG DOODZ!!!

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
That was either magnificently brilliant, or the dumbest, most incoherent thing you've ever said.  :headscratch:

All I am saying is that so many people whine and complain about "teh horde", yet they will do nothing when confronted by it. Unless, of course, they have an altitude advantage and a few buddies at their back.

Everybody wants "combat". Well, what is a horde attacking your base if not an invitation to "combat".

To me this game gets stale on occasion. This is why I have no problem dieing repeatedly as I attempt to make it past the vulchers. It's just another challenge to keep things moving.

Oh, I'm not a total glutton for punishment either. If nobody else shows to help after I've bit the dust 6-12 times, I'm outta there.

It's the stubborn sacrificial lambs like yourself that help perpetuate the horde way more than nobody showing up at all.  Nothing a horde likes better than easy no-risk kills from people trying in futility to save the base against overwhelming numbers.  After the steamrollers get their precious base, then they land their vulches to get their WTFG DOODZ!!! from their adoring sycophants.  Your upping over and over gives them reason to keep on hording.  If nobody got any kills, those missions wouldn't go on for long. 

The newer or less confident flyers feel a sense of accomplishment and i can understand their participation.  The regular players use those noobs as bait, so they can circle the field in their late war monsters and get easy kills to boost their scores and especially their egos.  There is no "invitation to combat".  It is an invitation to get swarmed and bludgeoned.  Fun stuff.

The best thing to do against such a giant glob of tools is to group up at another base and arrive in a dozen or more BnZ rides.  Even if you don't get there in time, you will wreak havoc on the lemmings and make them think twice about doing that again.  The problem with this idea though, is that none of the "generals" who like to steamroll on offense, seem to have any interest at all in defense. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
It's the stubborn sacrificial lambs like yourself that help perpetuate the horde way more than nobody showing up at all.  Nothing a horde likes better than easy no-risk kills from people trying in futility to save the base against overwhelming numbers.  After the steamrollers get their precious base, then they land their vulches to get their WTFG DOODZ!!! from their adoring sycophants.  Your upping over and over gives them reason to keep on hording.  If nobody got any kills, those missions wouldn't go on for long.  

The newer or less confident flyers feel a sense of accomplishment and i can understand their participation.  The regular players use those noobs as bait, so they can circle the field in their late war monsters and get easy kills to boost their scores and especially their egos.  There is no "invitation to combat".  It is an invitation to get swarmed and bludgeoned.  Fun stuff.

The best thing to do against such a giant glob of tools is to group up at another base and arrive in a dozen or more BnZ rides.  Even if you don't get there in time, you will wreak havoc on the lemmings and make them think twice about doing that again.  The problem with this idea though, is that none of the "generals" who like to steamroll on offense, seem to have any interest at all in defense.  

I can see your first point and will take it into consideration.

And as far as your third paragraph goes... at least you are attempting to do something. What gets on my nerves is the folks that will bemoan the hoard, yet will not take the time to take a break from the furball or spawn camp to stop it.

If you're gonna stomp your feet and cry that their are "too many bad guys in one area", then either do something about it or hush up.

Said with utmost respect of course.  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
I can see your first point and will take it into consideration.

And as far as your third paragraph goes... at least you are attempting to do something. What gets on my nerves is the folks that will bemoan the hoard, yet will not take the time to take a break from the furball or spawn camp to stop it.

If you're gonna stomp your feet and cry that their are "too many bad guys in one area", then either do something about it or hush up.

Said with utmost respect of course.  :aok

Don't shoot the messenger.  I did neither stomp, nor cry.  I merely exposed hypocrisy (and IMO lame gameplay of the participants) of a certain country that whines about being horded -  just like the other two countries who whine about being horded.  ;)  I don't have a squad or even a wingman to attempt to take on something like that.  For me, it's time to get in the field gun at that point.  But in this case, they were all dead.  You have to happen to be looking for something to do in the first few minutes that the locusts come swarming in.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2011, 08:52:53 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger.  I did neither stomp, nor cry.  I merely exposed hypocrisy (and IMO lame gameplay of the participants) of a certain country that whines about being horded -  just like the other two countries who whine about being horded.  ;)  I don't have a squad or even a wingman to attempt to take on something like that.  For me, it's time to get in the field gun at that point.  But in this case, they were all dead.  You have to happen to be looking for something to do in the first few minutes that the locusts come swarming in.   

Oh, I wasn't directing that at you caldera.

Like I said, at least your the type to grab a gun or a plane and go on the attack.

My comments were directed to the players that will whine about the horde but can't be bothered to defend against it.

Of course I bow graciously when I type my peasant like comments so I don't draw the wrath of teh uber peelot elite when I say such things.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »
It's the stubborn sacrificial lambs like yourself that help perpetuate the horde way more than nobody showing up at all.  Nothing a horde likes better than easy no-risk kills from people trying in futility to save the base against overwhelming numbers.  After the steamrollers get their precious base, then they land their vulches to get their WTFG DOODZ!!! from their adoring sycophants.  Your upping over and over gives them reason to keep on hording.  If nobody got any kills, those missions wouldn't go on for long. 

The newer or less confident flyers feel a sense of accomplishment and i can understand their participation.  The regular players use those noobs as bait, so they can circle the field in their late war monsters and get easy kills to boost their scores and especially their egos.  There is no "invitation to combat".  It is an invitation to get swarmed and bludgeoned.  Fun stuff.

The best thing to do against such a giant glob of tools is to group up at another base and arrive in a dozen or more BnZ rides.  Even if you don't get there in time, you will wreak havoc on the lemmings and make them think twice about doing that again.  The problem with this idea though, is that none of the "generals" who like to steamroll on offense, seem to have any interest at all in defense. 

This is the line that says it all for me.

Melvin, what is your in game name? When do you fly?

I know that when I fly, usually Saturdays about 3-11 PM eastern There are 3 hordes flying, and none of them attack the others.  Do I defends against the hordes? Ya, for a little while, but as there is NO COMBAT it gets boring very quick. How long can you turn and burn as soon as you get wheels up before it becomes a waste of time? How long before BnZ in vulchers does it become a waste of time?

Sure I could rack up a bunch of kills, big deal! I have thousands of kills. I'm looking for a fight.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2011, 09:58:51 PM »
Easiest way to solve a horde is to launch a horde on their base of operations. Usually turns into a giant furball until one party pooper/smart guy decides enough is enough and launch an even BIGGER horde. Rinse and repeat.

I don't mind the furballs, I just hate base taking (unless it has been the same map for 3 days+, then horde all you want).

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp