Author Topic: adopt a neglected plane and get your name in the lights!  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
adopt a neglected plane and get your name in the lights!
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »
In the upcoming edition of my annual AH Stats Report (bigger than ever before!), I'm going to shift the focus a bit from planes to pilots. Amidst other things, I will present the top scorers of 2011 in each plane.
As the year is almost done, the ranks in the popular rides are mostly cemented already: (data up to and including tour 140)

P-51D
Pilot   #1 4587 kills
Pilot   #2 2411
Pilot   #3 2169

P 38J
Pilot   #1 3657 kills
Pilot   #2 1765
Pilot   #3  570

Spit 16
Pilot   #1 5162 kills
Pilot   #2 2862
Pilot   #3 2423

(...)

But even with only 2 tours left, about everybody can still get a top spot - If you chose to fly one of those rare birds of the LW arena, for example:  :airplane:

Bf 110C
   #1 170 kills
   #2 130
   #3  72

C.202
   #1 552 kills
   #2  98
   #3  97

Spit I   
   #1 40 kills
   #2 30
   #3 26

D3A   
   #1 35 kills
   #2 31
   #3 28

For most of the ENY 30+ planes, the numbers are very similar. Should be easy to get enough kills in two tour in one of those "crappy rides", shouldn't it?

So get outta your jet, get into a I-16, brag about your manliness and get on the front page of the AH Stats Report!  :x

Limitations:
Different pilot id's can not be combined. If your 100 kills are spread over 10 different pilot id's - bad luck.
All kills will be checked for inconsistencies... you know what I mean ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: adopt a neglected plane and get your name in the lights!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »
Is it going to be for the year or each tour?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »
Is it going to be for the year or each tour?

year.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:21 AM »
In that case two more questions:

How is this going to be calculated? Combined K/D for 12 month for each plane or some other way?

All kills will be checked for inconsistencies... you know what I mean ;)

:headscratch: So if I'll be killing only bomber it wont count? (I wont be but just trying to understand what you mean)

I'm going to go look for a way to change my schedule  :bolt:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:56:04 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:58:34 AM »
How is this going to be calculated? Combined K/D for 12 month for each plane or some other way?

These are simply the kill tallies for the whole year. The current #1 Spit 16 pilot has 5162 kills so far. The #1 Spit I pilot only 40.

I will probably add another category which is taking "quality" into account and not just quantity, but that is a different thing and not fully worked out yet.

:headscratch: So if I'll be killing only bomber it wont count? (I wont be but just trying to understand what you mean)

That would not be score "inconsistencies" ;)  :noid

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »

These are simply the kill tallies for the whole year. The current #1 Spit 16 pilot has 5162 kills so far. The #1 Spit I pilot only 40.

I will probably add another category which is taking "quality" into account and not just quantity, but that is a different thing and not fully worked out yet.

I knew there was a reason why I was keeping 500 perks in reserve for the past 6 years.  :old:  :airplane:  :bolt:
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
Lusche, one more question. Will the kill to death ratio matter if the person has a very low number of kills in that plane? For example player A gets 300 kills and 5.0K/D in a particular plane and player B gets 10 kills and 10.0K/D in the same plane for the year. Who is going to get the higher quality status?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:28:58 AM »
Lusche, one more question. Will the kill to death ratio matter if the person has a very low number of kills in that plane? For example player A gets 300 kills and 5.0K/D in a particular plane and player B gets 10 kills and 10.0K/D in the same plane for the year. Who is going to get the higher quality status?

that is a different thing and not fully worked out yet.
  ;)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »
 ;)

In that case can you please let me know when it's decided, I am very concerned.  :pray  :D

Thanks  :aok
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 05:37:27 AM »
In that case can you please let me know when it's decided, I am very concerned.  :pray  :D

Like I said before: This is a different matter and has no direct influence on the thing I posted in this thread. This is all about kills only. Just a simple folly which perhaps encourages some more use of "hangar queens".  :banana:

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 05:47:43 AM »
i would not want to be someones shade acccount right now......................

Rhino

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 05:49:36 AM »
Like I said before: This is a different matter and has no direct influence on the thing I posted in this thread. This is all about kills only. Just a simple folly which perhaps encourages some more use of "hangar queens".  :banana:

Right, this would certainly help the hangar queens.  :aok
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 06:33:25 AM »
If TwinTail gets the top 38 spot i'll throw my fighter stick at the moniter ......pics my follow :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:44 AM »
This should go on HTC front page in some form.   
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:36:24 AM »
Very cool, Lusche!

:aok
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group