Author Topic: Me 410 skins compendium  (Read 7635 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Me 410 skins compendium
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:19 AM »
Interesting Greebo, thanks!
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
I don't know whether I'll be doing the default Me 410. It's not an aircraft I'm particularly desperate to do, but I will if neither Fester or Cactus want to do it.

I really really hope that you'll do it though because that usually means more skin from you than just the default one. ;)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »
9K-Vv is in 5./KG51 as 9K-Ww is in 10./KG51. Below is a photo of the two flying together.

71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 12:14:17 AM »
9K-Vv is in 5./KG51 as 9K-Ww is in 10./KG51. Below is a photo of the two flying together.
(Image removed from quote.)

Are you sure the photo and the color pic are the same? Look at the placement of the 'V".
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 05:07:14 AM »
The artist probably got it wrong.  It's such a common kind of mistake that you almost stop noticing it after a while.   In one of the 410 books you have a drawn profile - with the canopy swung open to the wrong side.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »
The artist probably got it wrong.  It's such a common kind of mistake that you almost stop noticing it after a while.   In one of the 410 books you have a drawn profile - with the canopy swung open to the wrong side.

You would think that these people will do it right.  After all, being arties, they go into great detials on their work and you would think they would catch their error. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
I will definitely be asking them that very question. I'd like to personally do a certain Hungarian 210C skin.

I would so much appreciate this Krusty.
JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
The skinner team aren't allocated skins by HTC. What happens is Superfly or Waffle will start a thread for the new ride in a private skinner team forum with a link to the 3D shape. If none of us want to do it, then they skin it themselves. The initial 3D shape they post is the minimum needed for us to start skinning, it gets reposted from time to time with additions like the cockpit interior, as well as bug fixes and shape corrections.

I don't know whether I'll be doing the default Me 410. It's not an aircraft I'm particularly desperate to do, but I will if neither Fester or Cactus want to do it. It will also depend on if any of us are already busy on another default skin at the time when the Me 410 3D shape is ready to be skinned.

what can I pay to have the Hungarian skin as default? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
JG 52

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
what can I pay to have the Hungarian skin as default? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You would not have that much cash.  :devil

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
You would not have that much cash.  :devil

But I can afford a box of chocolates =(
JG 52

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »
You would think that these people will do it right.  After all, being arties, they go into great detials on their work and you would think they would catch their error. 

There's nothing about being an "artie" that means you're held at a higher standard. It just means you know how to make lines and curves look like something. For example, all those color profiles you see online and in books? You have to take those also with a grain of salt. That's just somebody, somewhere, putting together what they think something looked like. Depending on their references they may be miles off. In fact there are a number of published books with demonstrably wrong profiles for all kinds of planes.

I even did some for Battle over Germany (a scenario) for myself and some other pilots:

Note I explicitly type out what it was for so that years down the line they didn't turn up on some other website being passed off as a historic profile (it happens!)

So, as you can see, if I can do it, anybody can. They don't all put thought into the details or the accuracy of the way canopies open, etc.

Sorry for the tangent, back to the thread!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
There's nothing about being an "artie" that means you're held at a higher standard. It just means you know how to make lines and curves look like something. For example, all those color profiles you see online and in books? You have to take those also with a grain of salt. That's just somebody, somewhere, putting together what they think something looked like. Depending on their references they may be miles off. In fact there are a number of published books with demonstrably wrong profiles for all kinds of planes.

I even did some for Battle over Germany (a scenario) for myself and some other pilots:

Note I explicitly type out what it was for so that years down the line they didn't turn up on some other website being passed off as a historic profile (it happens!)

So, as you can see, if I can do it, anybody can. They don't all put thought into the details or the accuracy of the way canopies open, etc.

Sorry for the tangent, back to the thread!

another thing with "arties" is they some times like to take something and make it theirs. When people give me work that needs to be recreate I always change some things to what i like.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
It's possible he took a picture or line art and based on the layout and editor's feedback had to flip it to use as his basis for the artwork, hence the hinge on the wrong side.

There's plenty of other factors that get in the way. Like for a while I always thought a Fw190F8 was longer than an A8 (back when I was younger) because in a book they were placed side by side but one was scaled 10% larger than the next -- for no reason other than editing layout.

Sometimes the artist bends the art to what the job dictates, rather than the job dictating accuracy it just dictates "fill this spot"...