Author Topic: An really good AI pilot for offline practice.  (Read 858 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
An really good AI pilot for offline practice.
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
If HTC could program an AI pilot that is very difficult or impossible to beat that I could practice against... that would be cool. :aok

:old:  :airplane: :joystick: :O

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
Re: An really good AI pilot for offline practice.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
I do believe they're called offline missions. I requested the same thing and got the answer im giving you.  :salute  :P
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
you spend time playing offline as well as online?

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »
I do believe they're called offline missions. I requested the same thing and got the answer im giving you.  :salute  :P

Tried that... they just hit the ground and are sooo easy to shoot down.  I get a a dozen kills just flying next to them as they hit the ground. :frown:

I mean one or even two or three pilots that are very good (Bruv or Grizz level good --- or close).  Since the best real AH pilots aren't always available to fight you over and over.... and would likely be bored with doing that.  Seems like it should be possible by pushing the edge of the envelope of each aeroplane and extending when necessary, etc...  :headscratch:

:pray :O :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
Tried that... they just hit the ground and are sooo easy to shoot down.  I get a a dozen kills just flying next to them as they hit the ground. :frown:

I mean one or even two or three pilots that are very good (Bruv or Grizz level good --- or close).  Since the best real AH pilots aren't always available to fight you over and over.... and would likely be bored with doing that.  Seems like it should be possible by pushing the edge of the envelope of each aeroplane and extending when necessary, etc...  :headscratch:

I wanted an update offline AI, so the drones would at least put up a fight before succumbing to my extreme offline skills.  :lol
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

:old: :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 07:48:21 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I had the same reaction.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:59 PM »

WOW! nothing like taking the easy way. Maybe you should try shooting them down instead of ground huggin in your plane so they crash going after you. :rolleyes:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 09:38:44 PM »
WOW! nothing like taking the easy way. Maybe you should try shooting them down instead of ground huggin in your plane so they crash going after you. :rolleyes:

I have... they are extremely easy to shoot down... nothing to it.  :rolleyes:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
I have... they are extremely easy to shoot down... nothing to it.  :rolleyes:
i've seen your stats...215 hours 16 minutes 33 seconds last month...323 hours 5 minutes 52 seconds in september...  just a small observation and friendly suggestion...it's becoming very obvious the air space in your cranium is increasing exponenitally, drag your pasty marshmallow butt outside and interact with real humans.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 10:32:52 PM »
i've seen your stats...215 hours 16 minutes 33 seconds last month...323 hours 5 minutes 52 seconds in september...  just a small observation and friendly suggestion...it's becoming very obvious the air space in your cranium is increasing exponenitally, drag your pasty marshmallow butt outside and interact with real humans.

:huh  Really, gyrene81? :headscratch: Really now?  :rolleyes:

:old: :airplane: :joystick:

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:58 PM »
I wanted an update offline AI, so the drones would at least put up a fight before succumbing to my extreme offline skills.  :lol

YOU TOO, EH?!?!?!
i've seen your stats...215 hours 16 minutes 33 seconds last month...323 hours 5 minutes 52 seconds in september...  just a small observation and friendly suggestion...it's becoming very obvious the air space in your cranium is increasing exponenitally, drag your pasty marshmallow butt outside and interact with real humans.

:D because I'm a jerk like that :lol

But seriously... I would find a way to create a paying account if HTC modeled actual damage into AI/drones... Wait... That would be counter-intuitive!! :( Never mind!!

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 03:46:15 AM »
Wishful thinking, unfortunately. As I understand it, creating a dogfighting AI is extremely complicated, and creating one that can beat me (without cheating of course) is completely impossible. Sure you can spend a hundred years programming it with every scenario, but you can never give it the instinct I have.

/chest-pounding
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 04:02:30 AM »
Every AI sukks.
Once you figure out the way its programmed, its extremely easy to defeat. Its not only about flight simulation games but all kinds of ai (ok maybe the chess is an exception)
btw 325 hours is just two weeks of continous flying... ZOMG do you ever sleep? eat? go tho the shop? cut the grass, walk the dog, do anything productive? how long you havent seen your wife? kids? friends? friends... when you had a drink? even spoke to anyone in the last month?? Geezus!
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 05:39:32 AM »
Every AI sukks.
Once you figure out the way its programmed, its extremely easy to defeat. Its not only about flight simulation games but all kinds of ai (ok maybe the chess is an exception)

Chess is similar to what I was thinking off. Looks at possible moves and then two or more moves ahead.  Intuitively, seems like someone familiar with AI chess could develop a similar process as the possible moves are limited at any given point.  Especially if you stay on the edge of the flight model envelope. :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:42:46 AM by Midway »