Author Topic: The magic of the Warbirds S3 events  (Read 481 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
The magic of the Warbirds S3 events
« on: July 17, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
is something that I've missed the whole time that I've been in this game. I remember the first S3 I ever participated in. I was a member of JG77, a 109 exclusive squadron. We would always be cruising about 25k when we saw the enemy planes, what ensued was a very immersive dogfight. Our CO "pritzl" strongly encouraged RTB over getting kills. We would tangle up with FD-Ski's RAF squadron just about every time. Yep, the Warbirds S3's were the best it has ever been (in my opinion) as far organized squadron based events went.

Well, the Aces High Scenario Corps has been hashing out plans behind the scenes to much the same thing. There has been much discussion in the CM forum about just how to implement these squadron based multi-framed events. Daddog, after all these negotiations came up with this.

Sounds like a blast to me. I know I'll be making plans for The Assassins to be involved. I encourage you other CO's to look into this.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
I almost didn't read this because it was Warbirds and not AH in the subject line.   ;)

Considering daddog has been extremely hard at work on the TOD, and the fact we're moving our squad nights to Fridays, I'd say it's very safe to assume that the 332nd Flying Mongrels will be registering for the TOD!   :)  

Looking forward to flying against you, and with you as the assignments dictate.   :)  It was fun having you over in the Knights for a little while.  <S!>
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
Yep, this concept looks to be a blast!

Cobra

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this.  My squad is few in number but we will be there!

Offline Baal

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
Congratulations Daddog and the rest of the CM staff!

Have fun with ToD folks. If you're not in a squad, join one or form one and get involved. Organized scenarios are the apex of online flight simming.

B
S3 Janitorial Staff

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2001, 12:04:00 AM »
Thanks Baal! You have an excellent event with the S3's. We could not go wrong when using that as a guide.  :)

<S>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure