Author Topic: 20mm tank kills  (Read 859 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
20mm tank kills
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
After dropping bombs on gvs ,I have strafed enemy tanks to mark for friendlies. I have received kills for this so instead of landing 2kills I have gotten 4or 5 while flying Typhoon :banana:
AkCaine

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 20mm tank kills
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
what tanks were you strafing and where exactly? ive gotten 20mm tank kills before.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »
This used to be standard practice of people who only cared about name in lights and rank. If you hit a tank with hundreds of .50cal, you won't kill it but will rack up damage points. Then the guy on the ground who delivered the killshot with his tank only gets assist because you inflicted more damage points before he did.

Thought this was fixed...I guess not.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
Cane, maybe you should try investing some time in ACM, or your GV'ing skills.

Killing aircraft yeilds more perks than bombing GV's, and if you practiced your GV'ing, you might be able to get your KTD in the panther up above 1:1.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Sorry about wizzing in your Wheaties Ace ,I had to go! :rofl
I was trying to correct what might be a bug  not looking for advice on how you would like me to play The Game  :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »
Just saying, 1 kill and 2 deaths in a panther is pretty pathetic.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
Just saying, 1 kill and 2 deaths in a panther is pretty pathetic.

I thought you quit.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:46 AM »
Nope, taking a break from Aces High. Not enough cash, not enough time to make the money worthwhile if I took it out of my car fund. Rarely have more than 10mins to spend without having to go do something else, so not much time for sorties.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
Nope, taking a break from Aces High. Not enough cash, not enough time to make the money worthwhile if I took it out of my car fund. Rarely have more than 10mins to spend without having to go do something else, so not much time for sorties.

and yet you spends hours on the message board handing out irrelevant information. WTG Ace  :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
I'm only on for about 10-15 mins at a time before I have to go. Yesterday I myself was only online for about 45 mins total, and constantly having to make food, do homework, feed the dog, or take my little brother to Basketball practice.  Being AFK about 50% of the time is hardly conductive to a succesfull sortie.

I have it set to "stay logged in". I think that whenever someone is on the computer, it says that I'm online, but not sure on that.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
I'm only on for about 10-15 mins at a time before I have to go. Yesterday I myself was only online for about 45 mins total, and constantly having to make food, do homework, feed the dog, or take my little brother to Basketball practice.  Being AFK about 50% of the time is hardly conductive to a succesfull sortie.

I have it set to "stay logged in". I think that whenever someone is on the computer, it says that I'm online, but not sure on that.
so you have to take your little brother to basketball practice every day? jeez. my football practice was twice a week.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »
Yup, practice is every weekday, and then he has Driver's ed Mon, Wed,Fri, Sat.

Mom asked me to do the shopping while I was in town too  :cry.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
This used to be standard practice of people who only cared about name in lights and rank. If you hit a tank with hundreds of .50cal, you won't kill it but will rack up damage points. Then the guy on the ground who delivered the killshot with his tank only gets assist because you inflicted more damage points before he did.

Thought this was fixed...I guess not.

they did fix it!

they made it really easy for tanks to use the main gun in the AAA role  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »
Yup, practice is every weekday, and then he has Driver's ed Mon, Wed,Fri, Sat.

Mom asked me to do the shopping while I was in town too  :cry.
so, all of this just managed to come right out of the blue?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
No, but its not like I can do a fighter sortie while having to go AFK every 5-10 mins for various chores inbetween those known interuptions.