Author Topic: My Impressions So far....LOOONG  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: My Impressions So far....LOOONG
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
Ahem:  My 2010 goes to cruises and won a few trophies.  They have classes ya know.

Do I need to identify them for you?

Mine won 2 best of class.........pitted against 2006 and newer muscle cars......including Mustangs and Camaros.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
Good man.. I hate when i take my torino to a cruise night and some yuppy parks his brand new vette or honda that runs 19's with a fart can out the back next to me

(Image removed from quote.)

i would consider parking my gt next to ya just to piss ya off..... :devil  fart canned hondas?  :rofl :rofl  wait'll they ain't lookin, and stick a potato in that fartcan.  :devil :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »
Ahem:  My 2010 goes to cruises and won a few trophies.  They have classes ya know.

Do I need to identify them for you?

Mine won 2 best of class.........pitted against 2006 and newer muscle cars......including Mustangs and Camaros.

uumm.....it HAS to beat the mustangs and camaros in a show, 'cause it sure as heck can't do it in the turns.... :bolt: :noid :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
that one will more than make it, as the camaro's heavier, and lower power........and the zl1 is gonna have trouble with the current gt500.  :devil

You evidently have not been reading on the ZL1.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »
Nice ride cap :aok but please don't be one of those guys who takes a new car to the local cruise in :devil

You must not be a car buff. Go to a cruise in as you call them and look. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »
Nice ride cap :aok but please don't be one of those guys who takes a new car to the local cruise in :devil

Uhh, what rule exactly is it that says new cars don't get to go to cruise ins?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2011, 08:53:50 PM »
Uhh, what rule exactly is it that says new cars don't get to go to cruise ins?

there's no rule......but i prefer to see the old stuff i won't drive anymore when i go to a cruise in......a show on the other hand.........ima gonna be in a few of them.,,,,,
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
You evidently have not been reading on the ZL1.

i am now. a 12.5? really? all that car for a mere 12.5? the plain old gt runs that. 0-60 in 4 seconds? a well driven gt will do that too, and a poorly driven boss302 will equal it. the exhaust system flapper thing? i think the boss302's have had that for a bit now.

in all seriousness, i'd like to see some reviews...i was taking the above from car and driver........and from what they're saying there, the only thing the zl1 can do better, is stop. probably partially due to the fact that it's slower.....and largely due to better brakes. and at $47k, it's starting off in boss302 price range.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
Yassir .. I hate when some Queen Mary size Torino parks next to my Vette at a cruise.
Takes 2 days to walk around it to get to my Vette and I have to keep tellin the owners:
'No, this isn't a wheel chock ..it is designed to 'corner' ..you know, that thing that happens a few minutes after you turn your steering wheel? .. well .. this does it a bit faster.'
'No, it doesn't have a back seat, it's a bit more performance oriented than a family sedan with stripes painted on it.'

I understand the bias against parkin next to a new ZR-1 Vette.
No one would even realize your Torino was there.

-Frank aka GE (just sayin -tm Pasha)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »
Yassir .. I hate when some Queen Mary size Torino parks next to my Vette at a cruise.
Takes 2 days to walk around it to get to my Vette and I have to keep tellin the owners:
'No, this isn't a wheel chock ..it is designed to 'corner' ..you know, that thing that happens a few minutes after you turn your steering wheel? .. well .. this does it a bit faster.'
'No, it doesn't have a back seat, it's a bit more performance oriented than a family sedan with stripes painted on it.'

I understand the bias against parkin next to a new ZR-1 Vette.
No one would even realize your Torino was there.

-Frank aka GE (just sayin -tm Pasha)

ya gotta admit....gran torinos were hot cars......i liked them a lot. would never own one, but i like em none the less.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »
adding a few more pictures i think.....photo sucks lately, so i made a flikr account, and uploaded to there. lets see how it works......
 these are just after a good wash and dry......and once again.....THANK YOU masherbrum. i gotta say, griots garage stuff is the BEST i've used. i should also add, that their people are an absolute pleasure to deal with. they don't treat us like a customer, but rather a friend. when i feel a little bored, i'm probably gonna do a thread on their stuff, as i think it deserves it. BTW...i ordered their orbital, 'cause i'm gonna try to bring the paint back up on my dakota.

PB200143A by 1LtCap, on Flickr

PB200142A by 1LtCap, on Flickr

this is why i like the instrument cluster......it resembles the 60's mustangs, and everything is easily visible at a glance.

PB200141 by 1LtCap, on Flickr

this interior is VERY well thought out. from this angle, you can see what i was talking about before, about how easily the radio and hvac controls are reached.

PB200140 by 1LtCap, on Flickr

the heart of a modern day 12 second beast.....

PB200139 by 1LtCap, on Flickr

PB200138 by 1LtCap, on Flickr

PB200137A by 1LtCap, on Flickr
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:56:14 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »
I knew you wouldn't be disappointed with their products.  She is gorgeous.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
I knew you wouldn't be disappointed with their products.  She is gorgeous.
and i aim to keep her that way.

the amazing thing is that i only washed/dried her today. i haven't even hit her with the paint clay, or wax yet. 

another fast question...........what do you use on the glass,,,,,,i know you use invisible glass, but i mean what to apply/clean? it was suggested to me to use blue disposable shop towels, and so far they're working well.
 while i'm on the subject of glass......in my other cars, i use rainx washer fluid.....can or will that damage paint?

concerning wheels.......how do you get the inner sections? right now, i'm reaching through the spokes, and wiping em down........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
she's sweet Cap... and yes Mash.. I'm watching for your response :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »
and i aim to keep her that way.

the amazing thing is that i only washed/dried her today. i haven't even hit her with the paint clay, or wax yet.  

another fast question...........what do you use on the glass,,,,,,i know you use invisible glass, but i mean what to apply/clean? it was suggested to me to use blue disposable shop towels, and so far they're working well.
 while i'm on the subject of glass......in my other cars, i use rainx washer fluid.....can or will that damage paint?

concerning wheels.......how do you get the inner sections? right now, i'm reaching through the spokes, and wiping em down........

1. Glass - Blue Shop towels and Invisible Glass.   I know Griot's makes a Clay Bar for Glass, but I do not have a need for it.   I came about the Blue Shop Towels (paper towelish ones on a roll) by accident.   I ran out of cloths and said:  "Well it'll leave lint, but we'll try it (as it was all I had around at the time)."   As CAP has found, they do not break down like a Paper Towel will and they do not leave lint.    I spray all windows on a side and will use one towel per (just flip it from front to rear window).   

2. Wheels - I will spray the Wheel Cleaner and let it set (one wheel at a time) for about a minute.   I use the sponge that comes with the kit.    I get the flat surfaces with a brush and ignore where the calipers are.   Hit every wheel and then throw it in neutral and back up about 3 ft (you will see where you missed) and hit the remaining patches.    Their Red Rubber cleaner is another product I have and will mix this with the wheels.    But that is what I do.  

Some will go to the extreme of putting a Spray-On Sealant on their Aluminum Wheels and to me, it shows laziness.    Also, it will "bake" eventually and if they're Cleared or Painted, you're heating it up.

There is a neighbor down the street that is always walking his little Dachshund and will always stop and watermelon chat with me as I'm detailing.    He's asked if I did it for a living.    I guess I would if I could.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:46:51 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC