Author Topic: Original tank view  (Read 1744 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Original tank view
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »
I would like to use my throttle as a tank throttle instead of asdw keys..
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 07:58:27 AM »
I would like to use my throttle as a tank throttle instead of asdw keys..
would like a man trany if the tank had a man tranny and a auto if the tank had auto. selectable 4WD for the jeep and those tat had select able drive (M3) and old view back, atleast make it slect able
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
would like a man trany if the tank had a man tranny and a auto if the tank had auto. selectable 4WD for the jeep and those tat had select able drive (M3) and old view back, atleast make it slect able
you just want the mega zoom function and the ability to drive up steep hills...admit it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »

The biggest thing about gv's being "gamey" is the ability to absolutely turn your

own sound off and be able to turn the enemy noise up.

I did not know you could do that. That explains allot.  :O :O

BTW.....I vote we keep the tanks the way they are. I like the view from position 1

much better than the previous version.

:salute
Mano
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline TheRhino

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
A couple of things regarding that:

First, the TC and the AA gunner are not always the same position.  Secondly, the AA gunner under the old system did not make the turret traverse wherever he looked.  Having the TC concept is far more representative of the real deal than the prior system which was like having 1 guy bounce around from position to position.  
And it is not like this in most multiple-position aircraft?
"May the Air Force be with you"

TheHawk, C.O. 457th 'Grey Nurse' SQN RAAF (Currently Inactive due to slow internet :( )

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
The ground vehicle mechanics and the air vehicle mechanics ought not be compared, for they are not even remotely the same. They are, quite literally, worlds apart in how they play out in real life.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »
And it is not like this in most multiple-position aircraft?

Seeing as how each individual gunner in a bomber acts on their own accord, trying to draw a comparison between aircraft and tank crews and how they work their station might not be too fruitful.  As Krusty already said, they are worlds apart in how they operated in the real world.  The pilot didnt have to tell a gunner to engage the oncoming enemy fighter.  ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
you just want the mega zoom function and the ability to drive up steep hills...admit it.
i want our gvs to have the detail our plains do.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
Seeing as how each individual gunner in a bomber acts on their own accord, trying to draw a comparison between aircraft and tank crews and how they work their station might not be too fruitful.  As Krusty already said, they are worlds apart in how they operated in the real world.  The pilot didnt have to tell a gunner to engage the oncoming enemy fighter.  ;)

some people forget that most bombers in ww2 flew in formations so you had hundreds of eyes looking everywhere.  even with f3 view we dont even match how it was really in ww2 as they could see in all directions at all times and shoot in all directions at all times.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
i want our gvs to have the detail our plains do.
Up a Tiger-2 or a Panzer, or even a LVT. those tanks are pretty well detailed.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Up a Tiger-2 or a Panzer, or even a LVT. those tanks are pretty well detailed.
no. i mean the way planes are. like we can control throttle and rpm in planes they are not linked like they are in GV,s if a plane had fixed landing gear then when give it fixed gear if it had alieron flaps (I16) we give it alerion flaps. but if a tank has a manual tranny we give it a auto. if it had a 4wd drive option (jeep,m3/m16) we just give it 2wd drive. see what i mean. they put more thought in planes than gvs.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »
no. i mean the way planes are. like we can control throttle and rpm in planes they are not linked like they are in GV,s if a plane had fixed landing gear then when give it fixed gear if it had alieron flaps (I16) we give it alerion flaps. but if a tank has a manual tranny we give it a auto. if it had a 4wd drive option (jeep,m3/m16) we just give it 2wd drive. see what i mean. they put more thought in planes than gvs.
tanks dont have throttle and rpm. and they took some of that out to pump out more GV's for us to use.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »
tanks dont have throttle and rpm. and they took some of that out to pump out more GV's for us to use.
they have throttle. and they have a RPM gauge.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 09:12:09 PM »
they have throttle. and they have a RPM gauge.
please give me a picture of both of those.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 12:59:05 AM »
Gamey?  Nah, not quite.  The biggest thing about gv's being "gamey" is the ability to absolutely turn your own sound off and be able to turn the enemy noise up.

The current view offers the player to be in the role of "tank commander", unbuttoned of course.  The old way was far too restrictive with no continuity between the different positions within the tank.  As it is now, only the TC and gunner really swap positions.

Leave it as is, imo. 

this is exactly why it is the way it should be.    the old way was like having one person in the tank going from position to position to position.     restrictive and overall unrealistic in comparison.
-AoM-