Author Topic: who are u........  (Read 4180 times)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: who are u........
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
In 2007 I was playing ace combat 4 & 5 on Playstation and got tired of the scenarios in each level starting the same way every time. It was to a point that I going through all the levels of the game in a day on the wknds. I found AH by doing a search for online air combat sims. I got a lot of hits, but AH seemed the best. After a 2 week trial I was hopelessly hooked. I like the fact that the game has evolved so much in the 4 years I've been a member of this community.

I had to take a break because of R/L issues and cancelled my acct.  My daughter loved watching me play so much that when I cancelled my acct she wanted one of her own, but now she's bored(she's 16 and has the attention span to match) so I'm taking her acct over.  Look for me as Rinzler now.

Cya in the unfriendly skies.....
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
I played AH for six years before finally cancelling my subscription due to many real life reasons. In that time, I enjoyed the immersion it offered, and finally I settled into what I enjoyed most- bombers, especially B17's. I do not consider myself an avid gamer. I appreciate the history that this game tries to keep alive. It inspires me to read, watch documentaries on WW2 aviation history, and LEARN a little bit of our history- something that many of my generation (pushing 40) and younger just don't take the time to appreciate.

This is not a cookie-cutter game. It's something of far more value.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 08:55:54 AM »
Well I had some family remembers that served the reich, and some that served the U.S. so I kinda bias maybe. This is the reason why I don't fly RAF or Japanese....
  Took me a long time to fly anything with a meatball on it.

I also have family that were on both sides of the WW2 conflict. Grew up loving the microsoft flight sims (Land your Learjet on a Carrier}, TV shows (Black Sheep) and Movies of the War(Flying Tigers ect.).

AH I felt was a combat flight sim when I joined but seems to feel more like a game these days. So much chatter. Maybe I shoud detune 200 to try to get the the feeling back.  :airplane:

YES HiTech I know it's a Game!  :bhead   
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
 :noid
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:28:06 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »
I'm just here to support a game developed in my country...... Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
I think I'm the same person on-line or in life. Just your typical Type A, with ADD, scatterbrained adult, who has had a life long interest in aviation. I was thinking about Aces High the other day and I realized that for me at least, it's more than a game, it has become a hobby. One that I can focus on when I want, and how I want, and still enjoy it.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:26 AM »
Bleh texas/texans
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
I'm pretty similar to how I am in game IRL.  I am a gamer with a passing interest in aviation.  I got into WBs on New Year's 2007 because I didn't know any better.  Flew there for a couple years then migrated over here.

I look at the main arena as side based combat.  It is our job to push the red guys around in our airspace, through whatever means we have available.  I fly a bit more aggressively than I would if my life depended on it, but for the most part I fly to survive, and kill people through just about any means at my disposal.  I don't take things seriously long term, though I do occasionally get bent out of shape if I die badly.  I couldn't care less about score, but I do keep a bit of an eye on my K/D, just because I consider it a pretty reasonable metric of how I'm doing.

I don't expect, nor want a fair fight from the other side.  Any kill they get on me means they beat me throwing everything I had at my disposal at them, pathetic though it may be at times. <g>

For me, it's fun to shoot down other people and fly with friends.  The movements of the ground war may as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.  I fly to defend the area I'm in from the red guys, whatever form that may take.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm Wileys wingman.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50:17 PM »
I'm just here to support a game developed in my country...... Texas.
Only two Thangs come from Texas........ :neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
Only two Thangs come from Texas........ :neener:

I see your wearing a hat... which are you  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
I'm more relaxed and less argumentative AFK. That's about the only difference.
Not being able to release frustration around the house, 200 becomes my dumping ground when my blood sugar gets low and my blood pressure gets high.  :joystick:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
 :headscratch:

I have no idea..... :uhoh

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
I think I am me?? last time I checked I was me, unless someone says they are me. I could be wrong but I think I am me?????
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
I look at it more like going to a bar with 400 friends and a few I dont care about.  drink a couple, tell some outrageous lies about how we held back 100's of fighters with nothing but a .45, bs some more, talk about women and silat.  and oh yeah once in a while we fly a cartoon plane and make fun of each other.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.