Author Topic: Perfect WRG air-to-air shot on Lancs  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
Perfect WRG air-to-air shot on Lancs
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »
Ok, this shot means that I can retire from using WRGs now, don't think I can do any better than this with one Rocket.  Clipped it down to a short 1 min (appx) AH film.

Got Dolphins?

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perfect WRG air-to-air shot on Lancs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »

:aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
nice!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »
LOL RTHolms..thanks

Got Dolphins?

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:17 AM »
 :aok i have never had any luck with those rockets...nice shot!

DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:57 AM »
You can retire now? No way bro, we gave us your attention and now we expect a montage next, then a music video followed by a feature film and then a nyancat version bro, got it?   :cool:

Or better yet, someone getting a perfect Wgr shot on you while you are getting a perfect shot on another set of Lancs...

lulz, I guess that would about do it  :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:26:13 AM by Myg »

Offline stash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
Nice Shot.....the rocket actually hit the right wing of the lead bomber.

After seeing this, I don't think that getting a three-fer with a double-tap would be quite so satisfying.

Again...

>

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »
I am very glad you left the cackle at the end. Made my day  :rofl

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:06:08 PM »
I actually thought I had flubbed the approach and stopped firing, was gonna waggle and reset and fire the three remaining.  Then I saw them all blow, that was why I was laughing so hard.
 :banana:

Got Dolphins?

Offline Kanawa

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »
Hi Chauncy. Yep that was me you hit in such an "unexpected" way !A Squad friend told me about that movie. I have to admit I litterally did not know what hit me.  :headscratch: I was so freaking pissed ! lol I could not believe it. I was telling myself that something had to be wrong with the game or something. At least now I understand what happened! An epic moment.  :airplane: Great shot Chauncy! Tks for posting it. <S>
ADSUM

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:08 PM »
Thank you Kanawa.  Not much you could have done.  I did pounce quite fast and how many times do people actually hit with those things anyway?

<Salute>  and Keep on Lanc flying...I fly them all the time.  I'm a mud mover at heart.

Hi Chauncy. Yep that was me you hit in such an "unexpected" way !A Squad friend told me about that movie. I have to admit I litterally did not know what hit me.  :headscratch: I was so freaking pissed ! lol I could not believe it. I was telling myself that something had to be wrong with the game or something. At least now I understand what happened! An epic moment.  :airplane: Great shot Chauncy! Tks for posting it. <S>

Got Dolphins?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Its like learning to shoot with the 30mm mk108 or learning to shoot the P-39's 37mm: You put in the practice and you can start seeing regular results. At one point in time I was getting quite good hits (say 50% hit rate) but I was doing it every sortie, and back then, just prior to Der Grosse Schlag, there were a lot more bombers in the LWA to hunt.

Overall I'd rate it a 10, but some of that is pure luck. You physically hit his wing. The amount of lead you had to pull and the direction he was flying made this "chance" rather than skill. Going for the air burst is a better setup, I think, and a bit more reproducable. You did show excellent skill in setting up your speed and angle, but I'd have gone even further to starboard to come up perfectly in line with the bombers' flight path. Going for the airburst would mean aiming higher and firing further out.

<Olympic Judging Mode>
The skill, setup, aiming, and fire, I'd give a solid 8.7. That you hit the wing makes it instant 10.
</Olympic Judging Mode>

P.S. 10 points for Gryffindor!

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
You are my hero...

Where can I upload these? My server is blocking youtube uploading.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »
I hate youtube since they changed all their rules and started wanting to farm my personal info.

Try vimeo (www.vimeo.com). That's where I moved to after Youtube started wanting my personal phone number, G-mail acct linked to my phone, and other intolerable changes just to let me log in anymore.

Youtube went evil. Avoid them.

Offline Chauncy

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
Lol, I said it was a perfect shot. 
I never said it was a perfect skill shot. 
The olympic Judgin Mode forgot to award points for "Just dumb Luck".

<Olympic Judging Mode>
The skill, setup, aiming, and fire, I'd give a solid 8.7. That you hit the wing makes it instant 10.
</Olympic Judging Mode>

Got Dolphins?