Author Topic: which version?  (Read 510 times)

Offline Heimdali

• Zinc Member
which version?
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Hi,

what is the difference between AH and AHII? (i cant find any!)

and what is the newest version?
and what is the most common version? or do you need to have the latest?

thanks! 

regards,

Heimdali

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: which version?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »

The newest version is 2.24 Patch 4 and is actually the only one you can download. To play the game online, you need to ahve the latest. So there is alway only one 'common' version.

The difference between AHI and AHII...   years of evolution ;) The 'II' has been dropped offically along time ago, it's just Aces High.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Heimdali

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
So,

So when i downloaded AH and AHII... i can drop AHII and patch AH to the latest one (2.24)...and than rockn roll... but i think i gonne make some offline practice first.
are there some good ai missions for beginners.

Heimdali

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »
So,

So when i downloaded AH and AHII... i can drop AHII and patch AH to the latest one (2.24)...and than rockn roll... but i think i gonne make some offline practice first.

Heimdali

The download you get from the offical site is the lastest version.  Version control is automatic.  Just click on the down load button and like magic you get the correct version.  It's updated automatically when you go online.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »
The download you get from the offical site is the lastest version.  Version control is automatic.  Just click on the down load button and like magic you get the correct version.  It's updated automatically when you go online.

I bolded this part because the moment you go "online", your two-week free trial starts; whether you spend any time in the online arenas or not. If you ever used your two-week trial in the past, you won't be able to use it again.

Download the latest version that is posted on the HTC homepage and play offline to get used to the controls. Come back here and ask any questions you have, or read through the trainers.hitechcreations.com site. Once you actually go online, and your two-week trial begins, every time you go online the game checks for the latest version and will automatically download it. If you never go online, the game doesn't care what version you're using.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
So,

Heimdali

NOTICE: if you currently have 2 folders , one showing Aces High & one showing Aces High II............. depending on how old the "Aces high" folder is ( it could be the more recent Aces High verses a very old Aces High meaning the version before AHII came out )

I would seriously recommend backing up your settings and then deleteing/uninstalling all your current Aces High versions from your computer........ REASON: you will not be able to "patch " your old Aces high with the newest AH update patches...... even if you were using or had the version 2.22 of Aces high installed, you would not be able to log in and auto update it to version 2.24 patch 4

you would need to do a completely full complete game download and full install.......

so again, I recommend a fresh start. You should uninstall/remove any current aces high game installations and then download/install the most recent version 2.24 patch 4

also note, that the game does not default to C:\program files\htc\aces high\   or to C:\htc\aces high II\

the game today will default to C:\hitech creations\aces high\  Also, it is recommended to not install any Aces High installation to the program files directory, especially using Vista or Windows 7........ if you do, you will experience problems

make sure your default directory is C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\   on your new install ( or you can also download & install it on a secondary drive  like D:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\  if one would rather not use their  OS drive ( drive C:\  for most people )

hope this helps ....... good luck

TC
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:33:29 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
Hi & Welcome Heimdali  :)

To answer ur question re: "are there some good AI missions for beginners?"  The answer is
YES but it's an excellent learning tool for beginners & the experienced alike  :aok

Scroll down on this bulletin board to "Offline Missions" & look for players 'bbosen' who has
7-9 offline missions, ready for downloading & playing, likewise spend some time on his site
to see what you can learn, u'd be pleasantly surprised!  :D

Another person well versed in writing/programming "Offline Missions" is '100Coogn' he also
has 9 written & ready to play action packed missions.  Download them all & enjoy the challenges.  :banana:

There are plenty more talented & helpful people writing "Offline Missions" but, at present,
are pending their expertise until certain elements are fixed, hopefully soon  :airplane:

:cheers:  :salute

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:13:43 PM »
The newest version is 2.24 Patch 4 and is actually the only one you can download. To play the game online, you need to ahve the latest. So there is alway only one 'common' version.

The difference between AHI and AHII...   years of evolution ;) The 'II' has been dropped offically along time ago, it's just Aces High.
GAH THIS AMAZING THE FIRST RECORDED spelling mistake made by Lusche!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"