Author Topic: Lames  (Read 2539 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Lames
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »

but yet for 2 days straight i saw ppl spamming the text box with "<salute> vDallas". Sry guys but I will never salute a person who's character
is worth less than minimum wage at McDonald's.

Everytime he does something stupid we salute him. Call it pity  :banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
I couldn't resist falling back into the schoolmaster mode, so here we go:  :old:

Bailing vs fighting in bombers - An example from a score point of view

I randomly grabbed the actual bomber score of a top 50 ranked player:
14 sorties; 3 deaths total (including bail & captured); 690,448 damage points

Let's assume he makes another bombing run in a formation and gets the same average damage points for it as in his previous missions.
I calculated the impact on his score ratings for three different outcomes:

As you can see, the difference between bailing and getting shot down are minimal, but both have a huge impact on score in comparison to getting home. That's why it's always better to try to fight your way home, no matter how slim your chance is.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:16 AM »
And this is the point that doesn't make sense. Bailing doesn't protect the score. In fact, Bomb'n'Bailers are probably the players least interested in score at all.
A bomber pilot who cares about his score will try to get home alive no matter what.

I do believe there is an increase in 'perks' received for a successful bail as opposed to a flaming death.  He could just really really need bomber perkz.  Also by not allowing someone to record hits on him, he's denying them the ability to increase their perk stores.  I guess you could say it's a form of attrition warfare... in some weird convoluted sense of the word.

BTW...  there's a certain Bomber Command Noobtastic squad out there that bailed repeatedly on me one day rather than give up kills on their way out to carpet bomb GV's.  It's a fairly common thing.

I still think that if you're shot down or bail, there should be a 5 minute 'cool down' while your pilot is transported back to base.  Maybe there would be more incentive to live, and not just HO, Bomb & Bail, or use other ACM(lol) to avoid a fight...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »
BTW...  there's a certain Bomber Command Noobtastic squad out there that bailed repeatedly on me one day rather than give up kills on their way out to carpet bomb GV's.  It's a fairly common thing.

random piece of statistics:

In tour 141, 33% of all bomber sorties ended with a landing, 45% ended by "death" and 17% ended with a bailed/captured, with many if not most of those being "legit"

I do believe there is an increase in 'perks' received for a successful bail as opposed to a flaming death.  

But as like with score, the reward for getting home alive (and possibly getting perks for killing your attacker) outweighs the small benefit of the bail by far.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:18:58 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »

and rewarding lamers like vDallas with pages and pages of salutes is the same as giving CEO's millions of dollars in bonuses for running their company into bankruptcy, then giving them money to keep it going and letting the idiot keep his job just to do it all over again

Normally the 4 pages of <Salutes> are not a good thing...  that's not a reward, and it's the only way some people will ever get Saluted, unless it's with one finger.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »

But as like with score, the reward for getting home alive (and possibly getting perks for killing your attacker) outweighs the small benefit of the bail by far.

Maybe they have an underlying confidence issue, and feel so meek and helpless that they assume the outcome will automatically be death, so they may as well bail and get their extra 2% multiplier on their perkz.  Kind of like an abused spouse assumes they'll get beat, so consigns themself to their fate.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
If you play this game for points and perks, you miss the point anyway :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
Normally the 4 pages of <Salutes> are not a good thing...  that's not a reward, and it's the only way some people will ever get Saluted, unless it's with one finger.

wil3ur has the right idea. we need a second type of salute in game. Maybe not the "one fingered salute" but some kind of way to acknowledge a players epicly lame in game actions.  :noid  :lol

I know it would get undeservedly spammed a lot, but so does the current salute.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
Simple: <F> <name> :D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
Simple: <F> <name> :D

That actually comes up with a sensor warning now, lol.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Those are some pretty advanced sensors....    :noid

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »
I was cartoon killed several times last night. I want them all banned. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Bailing from a plane  vs  towering from a GV
I have been roundly cussed out for being in a GV that had was tracked and turreted, no sups and an A20
3k out lining up for a bomb run.  So, when I am in that situation I do what any rational person would do
in an actual combat situation. I tower and take the ditch. Yep it's running like a mad dog from a 500lb
death cookie.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
First you guys are speaking of different topics.

Most are speaking of bailing. The OP is saying he discoed.

Sounds to me it may be something like this.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,323620.0.html

HiTech

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2011, 12:25:14 PM »
That actually comes up with a sensor warning now, lol.
:rofl that's too funny
Lighten up Francis