Author Topic: 12 Hour Side Switch  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: 12 Hour Side Switch
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
Yeah, its called pick a side and stick with it. Couldn't figure that out huh?

If you and your wingmates are changing over to a different county for shared op's with another plane company then one wouldn't suspect spending 6-8+ hours on one side to be a big deal, when tomorrow comes, change back.

Of course, unless a person has other intentions, that's the ONLY reason i could see this system bugging anyone,ever.

Bottom line, it is to stop or if possible..make it *harder* for people to spy on each other and thus render one side with a tactical advantage over the other side. Couldn't figure it out huh.  :confused:

LOL I bet you really believe this too :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »

If you and your wingmates are changing over to a different county for shared op's with another plane company then one wouldn't suspect spending 6-8+ hours on one side to be a big deal, when tomorrow comes, change back.

Of course, unless a person has other intentions, that's the ONLY reason i could see this system bugging anyone,ever.

Bottom line, it is to stop or if possible..make it *harder* for people to spy on each other and thus render one side with a tactical advantage over the other side. Couldn't figure it out huh.  :confused:

Bolded the part I want to reply to, because it's just a flat out over generalization.  I very much dislike the 12 hour switch rule for some of the very reasons pointed out already, I don't care at all who's "winning" the war.  I just want to be able to log on, find a little furball, shoot at some cartoon airplanes then call it a night.  With the 12 hour switch rule I find myself logging in, looking at the map then just logging back out to go do something else.

Or to put it another way imagine I made the following statement and how myopic it would sound if I said

"Of course the only reason someone would want a 12 hour switch rule is because they care so much for who's winning the cartoon war that they would be prone to engaging in some of the behavior they hope the 12 hour rule can prevent."

How silly would that sound?

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »

I don't see how someone who has been playing this game for 8 years can remain so clueless. There is a fairly large group of people in this game that don't give a crap about winning the war or taking bases. They go where the fight is. If you can't possibly see any reasons for side switching other than spying, you must be blind.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »

The 12 hour side switch restriction has absolutely nothing to do with preventing spying.  Its purpose is to better balance sides and prevent wild fluctuations in numbers between sides compared to shorter time limits, as has been discussed in numerous threads on this topic previously.

The idea that the 12 hour limit actually makes spying "harder" isn't even an unintended consequence of the change.  It has no effect on spying at all.

Offline whopper2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
People do not need to change sides to spy.  Some do, but the biggest offenders are those with multiple accounts, those who have the login/PW of their friends, and those who already have moles on the other side willing to PM details.  This is nothing new and it happens everyday.  Some even only have their squad comms on Skype or the like so that there are no witnesses to their multiple account shenanigans.  Again, this happens every day and in more than one arena.

If it takes a squad three days to get organized that is SIX total cycles they could have had chances to all get on the same side and didn't.  If that's the case that squad needs to get it's kraap together. 

For those citing that "the fight gets stale", or that they can't find a fight they must be in the WWI arena or the Early War Arena at 4 AM Dallas time because there is a fight anywhere in LW that you go and start one.

A few days ago I was rook and the bish and knights were gang-banging them with no fight on their front.  I went knights and took a gv to a bish base and started a fight.  It wasn't 45 minutes and the whole knight-bishop front was full of gv fights and air radar bars.  That means anyone can start a fight so that's no excuse.

The 12 hour rule forces sidehoppers to think strategically.  If you can't, WoW and crosswords await you.

GONE

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 01:34:44 PM »
I want it back to 1 hour. My phone bill for long distance calls to the other side is unsustainable.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »
People do not need to change sides to spy.  Some do, but the biggest offenders are those with multiple accounts, those who have the login/PW of their friends, and those who already have moles on the other side willing to PM details.  This is nothing new and it happens everyday.  Some even only have their squad comms on Skype or the like so that there are no witnesses to their multiple account shenanigans.  Again, this happens every day and in more than one arena.

If it takes a squad three days to get organized that is SIX total cycles they could have had chances to all get on the same side and didn't.  If that's the case that squad needs to get it's kraap together. 

For those citing that "the fight gets stale", or that they can't find a fight they must be in the WWI arena or the Early War Arena at 4 AM Dallas time because there is a fight anywhere in LW that you go and start one.

A few days ago I was rook and the bish and knights were gang-banging them with no fight on their front.  I went knights and took a gv to a bish base and started a fight.  It wasn't 45 minutes and the whole knight-bishop front was full of gv fights and air radar bars.  That means anyone can start a fight so that's no excuse.

The 12 hour rule forces sidehoppers to think strategically.  If you can't, WoW and crosswords await you.

I call BS on being able to start a fight anywhere.  Been there, tried that, many a time.  Rarely will folks respond.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
I call BS on being able to start a fight anywhere.  Been there, tried that, many a time.  Rarely will folks respond.

so they all hate me when I go somewhere to pork and 10 fighters up looking for me?  am I that special?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
so they all hate me when I go somewhere to pork and 10 fighters up looking for me?  am I that special?

semp

Clearly :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:39:36 PM »

semp

you know you're special  ;) ...but honestly..if it is dead on a side the first instance of a con and all the people who are like me, looking for the base takers/a fight with more red than green jump at it...I usually just land though (if more than 2 others up) cause most others use planes much faster than mine so it is futile... That be the main reason

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »

The Pigs do this on daily basis, we will fly in and make the base flash and hover till someone comes up to fight. We generally wait till some one is co-alt to engage but we usually pick fights and make them bleed. We also die alot doing this but when you can start a fight to get things rolling it's fun.

Come to the nit side and fly with us some Tuesday and see what i am talking about. We provoke the fight them we clean it up after we make a mess.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »
The Pigs do this on daily basis, we will fly in and make the base flash and hover till someone comes up to fight. We generally wait till some one is co-alt to engage but we usually pick fights and make them bleed. We also die alot doing this but when you can start a fight to get things rolling it's fun.

Come to the nit side and fly with us some Tuesday and see what i am talking about. We provoke the fight them we clean it up after we make a mess.

LawnDart

last time I fought the pigs I came from a further base and attacked the vulchers...which were pigs.....just sayin

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
Most times that I fly over to a base to start a nice little fight, they waited until i was about of gas and then upped their spixteen and before they get up to alt my engine shuts off.   :furious :bhead

So much for anyone can start a fight. I am sure it is much easier at US prime Time. Note I am from US and play mostly on prime time. I also stay on well past and that is when i seem to have problems starting fights. A shorter side switch time would certainly help. I am not saying it has to be at 1 hour but 2-3 would be great.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
 3 hour limit woulnt be that bad.. :bolt:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »
Announce on 200 what base your heading to seems to work, if there looking for a fight they will up.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch