Author Topic: 12 Hour Side Switch  (Read 1457 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
12 Hour Side Switch
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:54:40 PM »
 :bhead :bhead :bhead  <----- What I think about it.

It would br great to see the 1 hour side switch come back. I know it makes everyone claim "spiez!!" but what about those of us who just want to fight? We're the one being punished for other peoples stupidity. Now I'll admit that I rarely ever switch sides. But tonight I switched rook to go to a GV battle and a little bit later after my battle had died I saw a good fight going on between knights and bish. I go to switch back and i get a message saying "you cannot change countries for another 556 minutes." That ruins the game for me and lots of other people.

So please HTC. Can we go back to the 1 hour time limit?  :pray

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: 12 Hour Side Switch
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »
I would be satisfied with a explanation for whats in it for us for the 12hr switch.
It's frustrating to bee when i cant change countries, but perhaps theres a valid reason(s) that I cant think of

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
The only explanation I've ever seen from HiTech was "That's the way it used to be." But that's not very helpful....

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
Hey chaser, stop spying on what panties Silat is wearing.
JG 52

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »
I would be satisfied with a explanation for whats in it for us for the 12hr switch.
It's frustrating to bee when i cant change countries, but perhaps theres a valid reason(s) that I cant think of

Yeah, its called pick a side and stick with it. Couldn't figure that out huh?

If you and your wingmates are changing over to a different county for shared op's with another plane company then one wouldn't suspect spending 6-8+ hours on one side to be a big deal, when tomorrow comes, change back.

Of course, unless a person has other intentions, that's the ONLY reason i could see this system bugging anyone,ever.

Bottom line, it is to stop or if possible..make it *harder* for people to spy on each other and thus render one side with a tactical advantage over the other side. Couldn't figure it out huh.  :confused:
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
SPIES!!!!! :cry :cry :cry

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »

If you and your wingmates are changing over to a different county for shared op's with another plane company then one wouldn't suspect spending 6-8+ hours on one side to be a big deal, when tomorrow comes, change back.

Of course, unless a person has other intentions, that's the ONLY reason i could see this system bugging anyone,ever.

Bottom line, it is to stop or if possible..make it *harder* for people to spy on each other and thus render one side with a tactical advantage over the other side. Couldn't figure it out huh.  :confused:

How in the world does it make spying harder.? 
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »

Hmmm the only thing that would/could stop is people changing over to drive CV's into desirable postions( Even then they will do it if they want to anyway...it doesn't stop comms between people...so the spying issue surely can't be the be all and end all of it...

play 5 hours either side of American prime time and give me your thoughts on a 12 hour side switch....now I wasn't a prolific country changer but I do at times of boredom, lately it would have been nice to change to a side that at least had a fight going some where....I try not to whinge too much when bish are getting nailed from both sides cause the if the other two stop and fight each other it is quite boring

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Not sure why you guys get upset about.  I can switch any time I want 12 hours or not.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »
It's the right thing to do for all the shades. And after all, most of the good players had like 2 or 3 accounts.

Why don't you?

So here here htc! 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:24:51 AM »
It's the right thing to do for all the shades. And after all, most of the good players had like 2 or 3 accounts.

Why don't you?

So here here htc! 

actually I only have one account and unlike other squads I dont have access to my squadies account either.  but I still can change any time I want or feel like it 12 hour switch time or not.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »

Why don't you?

So here here htc! 

Sorry no, most players don't have 2 accounts, or would even think about spending $15 a month so they can get good at a video game.
Strokes

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
Sorry no, most players don't have 2 accounts, or would even think about spending $15 a month so they can get good at a video game.

I see what you did there.   :neener:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »

wrong :aok

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »
12 hours to switch sides is very frustrating for Squads who roam all three countries. Squad nights take planning a few days in advance, to insure everyone is all on the same country, and able to switch if need be. If I get stuck on a country with stale fights, I usually just log.   
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B